Home

EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #57
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Feints don't effect me much, but I just tap parry and block at the same time momentarily. At least in the competition I've played against dudes started trying faints to throw off my parries, and normally they abandon that technique quickly.

Head strike feints combined with good leg kicks would probably be effective against someone that parries like me.

I've roasted dudes who parry every head strike with Feints. Most parry spammers don't parry low. So with mix ups and feints you can roast em.

or just run and make them fire on you and counter them.

Are you admitting to being a parry spammer? Haha

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #58
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

in ranked matches feints are worthless. Not even the top best of the best guys feint. There's no need to in ufc 2 when people are throwing the same combos over and over.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #59
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
in ranked matches feints are worthless. Not even the top best of the best guys feint. There's no need to in ufc 2 when people are throwing the same combos over and over.
I still hold firm Feints can mess with a Parry spammer.

But I guess if you're a beast at throwing 10 strike-hit stun-mix up-combos, there is really no need to do anything else at all. That 1 strategy beats pretty much everything.

Yay! Combo multiplier!

Or....
of course,
....you could just Bigg Cee em!

Old 05-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #60
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I've roasted dudes who parry every head strike with Feints. Most parry spammers don't parry low. So with mix ups and feints you can roast em.

or just run and make them fire on you and counter them.

Are you admitting to being a parry spammer? Haha
I admit nothing. I'm not biased either, I'll spam anything. People hate on spam, but in truth it's actually delicious.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #61
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I admit nothing. I'm not biased either, I'll spam anything. People hate on spam, but in truth it's actually delicious.
My GF is Hawaiian. We eat a lot of spam.

Last edited by Haz____; 05-13-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/9/155...-3-nba-live-18

As much as I want UFC 3, I am very happy to wait until early next year to get the best possible launch version that we can. The more time we give them, the better, especially since there are quite a few things from UFC 2 that could be and hopefully will be much improved in UFC 3.

Discuss!
I dont know how much of this is really true honestly..We have had plenty of UFC releases now and every one of them is filled with problems that someone always says something along the lines of "if only they had extra 6 months, or another year it would of been better" and it never does, same issues are always present.

Q4 of 2018 seems really long dev time and im not sure how much extra benefit this really brings to the game, since this seems mostly due to EA's marketing plans(so their own games dont compete) and not actually making the game the best it can be.

I know its very easy to argue against what im saying, but im kinda playing devils advocate here as well as adding past experiences into the equation. It should have been at Q1 of 2018, no reason for Q4, thats really far, and for what? A better single player and an auction house which we were going to get no matter what? Few tweaks to grapping/striking which would of been there no matter what as well, i dunno, just seems like a very long dev cycle which will 100% make people more angry when something is bugged or not to their satisfaction(LIKE BAD CPU FOR CAREER)
Old 05-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #63
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
My GF is Hawaiian. We eat a lot of spam.
I've actually been playing throwing a lot less volume lately. It's more boring not striking much, but I can still finish opponents.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:44 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
I dont know how much of this is really true honestly..We have had plenty of UFC releases now and every one of them is filled with problems that someone always says something along the lines of "if only they had extra 6 months, or another year it would of been better" and it never does, same issues are always present.

Q4 of 2018 seems really long dev time and im not sure how much extra benefit this really brings to the game, since this seems mostly due to EA's marketing plans(so their own games dont compete) and not actually making the game the best it can be.

I know its very easy to argue against what im saying, but im kinda playing devils advocate here as well as adding past experiences into the equation. It should have been at Q1 of 2018, no reason for Q4, thats really far, and for what? A better single player and an auction house which we were going to get no matter what? Few tweaks to grapping/striking which would of been there no matter what as well, i dunno, just seems like a very long dev cycle which will 100% make people more angry when something is bugged or not to their satisfaction(LIKE BAD CPU FOR CAREER)
I don't blame you for misunderstanding, but the game is coming out in the first quarter of 2018. It's coming out in FISCAL Q4, but the fiscal calendar doesn't line up with the actual calendar so that accountants can keep being employed due to the inane rules which nobody else understands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »