Home

UFC 5 presentation patches?

This is a discussion on UFC 5 presentation patches? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2024, 02:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC 5 presentation patches?

I wish the community would make noise about presentation. These things need to be changed. This is all an offline perspective btw:

- No walk outs for non main/championship fights: Every fight on every card has a walkout. Sometime there's an omission for production reasons or whatever, but 19/20 fights, you're watching a fighter enter from curtain to cage.

Skippable cut scenes: PRE FIGHT: Skip from Walkout to Tale of the tape to intro 1 to intro 2 to "are you ready. POST FIGHT: From replay to decision to celebration.

- Commentary in The Apex: It was like this in 4 too. The venue looks fantastic, they did a great job but without commentary I never play there.

- This is a wish for UFC 6: Cage grappling. The ability to pummel, reverse and have have crisp controls. In the clinch right now, there's a very large feeling of unresponsiveness. To sum it up: cage clinch in 4 and 5 sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2024, 04:03 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 5 presentation patches?

Not likely to happen for 5. I've been bitching about this for close to a year but it appears that EA is cutting back on presentation on most of their sports games (see EAFC cutting the starting lineups from their game).
Old 01-21-2024, 04:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not likely to happen for 5. I've been bitching about this for close to a year but it appears that EA is cutting back on presentation on most of their sports games (see EAFC cutting the starting lineups from their game).
Yo, whats up. I used to be irish0331 and I got the ban because I hurt someones feelings. Glad to see you back. Well that sucks to hear man. I mean...the stuff is all in there. It's not like we're calling for them to create stuff (i mean we do do that too) but in this case its all already there. Why not in other places that it should be. I wonder what the rationale is. I'm gonna go ahead and say greed/$$ but who knows. I'll probably get banned again for outing myself too.

Last edited by Ajax79; 01-21-2024 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:41 AM   #4
Rookie

aholbert32 How glad I am to see you here again, always giving explanations to the best of your ability, something that not everyone knows how to appreciate, but others like me do appreciate it.

Ajax79/irish0331 assumed a few days ago that it was you, honestly I am also very happy for your presence, since much of what you claim is very close to what I myself think.

A hug for both of you.
Old 01-22-2024, 08:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Over the past decade, players have consistently provided numerous valuable suggestions based on their experiences. However, the development teams have often pursued their own preferences. I have grown weary of offering suggestions for game improvements over the past decade. However, since I stopped purchasing games, I no longer feel any disappointment or emotions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2024, 09:47 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Good to see you back and yea, I'm going to echo this statement. EA went out of their way this year to remove presentation from all of their games, with the thought process that people want to get into the games faster. While I can appreciate that, there has always been a solution for these people... The in-game skip button, which inexplicably has been turned into a press and hold feature over the past few years, just making it harder for those people to skip... The logic makes no sense, especially with how good the entrances look this year
Old 01-22-2024, 01:22 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Good to see you back and yea, I'm going to echo this statement. EA went out of their way this year to remove presentation from all of their games, with the thought process that people want to get into the games faster. While I can appreciate that, there has always been a solution for these people... The in-game skip button, which inexplicably has been turned into a press and hold feature over the past few years, just making it harder for those people to skip... The logic makes no sense, especially with how good the entrances look this year
I kinda like the hold and skip. Sometimes I'd accidentally hit that skip button and be mad. I'd start the whole thing over depending on what the fight was in my universe.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2024, 04:52 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Its not just a thought process. People have given feedback that they want to get to games faster and EA ran with it. The whole "games take to long to start because of presentation" is BS. All people had to do was just press a button to move forward. One of the things that really irks me about UFC 5.

I'm going back to lurking but I wanted to pop in because I knew the answer to this question. Hope you guys are enjoying the game despite the presentation issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »