Home

UFC 5 presentation patches?

This is a discussion on UFC 5 presentation patches? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2024, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 5 presentation patches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its not just a thought process. People have given feedback that they want to get to games faster and EA ran with it. The whole "games take to long to start because of presentation" is BS. All people had to do was just press a button to move forward. One of the things that really irks me about UFC 5.

I'm going back to lurking but I wanted to pop in because I knew the answer to this question. Hope you guys are enjoying the game despite the presentation issues.

I have a good game with the game, with its limitations, sometimes annoying but I enjoy it a lot.

What is for me, as always, my biggest disappointment is the whole issue of creating and editing characters, not being able to completely create all the values ​​and asterisks of my characters, it bothers me a lot to be forced to use stereotypes in my creations.

Another thing I don't understand within the limitations of the CAFS is why they can only have a single equipment option, and I don't understand why all the fighters in the game had all the colors added to their pants, and not the CAFS , as always the CAFS are relegated to any improvement
Old 01-30-2024, 08:36 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiqueros
aholbert32 How glad I am to see you here again, always giving explanations to the best of your ability, something that not everyone knows how to appreciate, but others like me do appreciate it.

Ajax79/irish0331 assumed a few days ago that it was you, honestly I am also very happy for your presence, since much of what you claim is very close to what I myself think.

A hug for both of you.
Good to see you too buddy. Hows your universe coming along?
Old 01-30-2024, 03:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax79
Good to see you too buddy. Hows your universe coming along?

With the unbearable limitations in the CAFS which I have never gotten used to, nor have I given up on demanding them here, although I assume that they fall on deaf ears, but within the limitations, enjoying the game.

All the best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2024, 04:07 PM   #12
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

The whole graphics package is years behind. The tale of the tape package in the game is outdated. There’s a bug where if your fighter is wearing white shorts it shows up as green on the ticker. Anik doesn’t provide commentary for the tale of the tape, Bruce Buffer no longer announces anything except for fighting out of the red/blue corner and then the fighters name, no professional record or fighting out of or height and weight, to me it’s all really stupid because this stuff WAS in the game. Another small nitpick but since it’s ea sports and it’s supposed to be “in the game” the venum shorts are wonky, the last name of the fighter is supposed to be red on the shorts but instead it’s in a white font even on white colored shorts, they got rid of the shorter vale tudo shorts and now everyone has the longer version that almost reaches the fighters knees. I mean EA, this is a load of ****, this stuff has been in the game, there is absolutely zero excuse for it not to be in EA UFC ****ing 5. The FIFTH version of this game. We have regressed while switching to an engine that promised to make the game look better, instead, the laziness and lack of attention to detail by the dev team is glaringly obvious, it would be one thing if it was a new addition that hasn’t been added yet, and I would have some grace because game development is not easy I know that (it should be expected tho cause yk “if it’s in the game it’s in the game”) but this stuff was in the game in previous years and with zero explanation is not anymore.

Another small rant, character models, there are some DAMN good character models in this game, heavyweight Jon Jones looks amazing, so does Tai Tuivasa, the models that have been updated this past year look fantastic, however, Conor Mcgregor looks horrible, so does Stipe, Stipe looks like a damn middle weight with his model, and O Malley looks like a jacked welterweight when he’s a lanky 135er. There should be no excuse for EA not to go back over every single fighter they have in the game and redo their model or at least touch it up.

One final thing that I think EA needs to do a better job on is the roster. Specifically when it comes to legends and fighters that don’t actual compete in the ufc, yes that means Bruce buffer and Dana white, not saying that they shouldn’t be in the game, but I should not see them when I’m looking at the roster. Legends included, they need their own pool or own game mode, similar to how nba 2k does this with eras, if I want to play as the iceman I want the feel of the arena to be that of 2006, not 2024. Likewise, when you load up the game and go to the fighter selection screen, you should only be able to view CURRENT ufc fighters. Alter egos are a fun idea, but again, they should have their own gamemode or be off on the side when I’m selecting my fighter. Ea also needs to do a better job with keeping up to date on who’s actually signed to the ufc, Gohkan Saki, Yancy Mediredos(def didn’t spell that right lol) are the two that come to mind immediately, need to be removed as they are no longer with the company.

I won’t talk about gameplay that much as I believe this is the one area where I can see some improvements on, I do however wish that they took the undisputed series route and gave fighters their own specific combos, strikes, takedowns, subs, etc. this would give really give the game a fresh coat of paint, Poatans leg kick should feel different than Jon Jones. Not everyone should be able to throw a sidekick to the body. Fighters like Izzy and MVP(when they hopefully add him) should have a different feel when you’re striking with them) and once again if I throw a left hook with Poatan, it should look like his iconic punch. Input delay also needs to be addressed badly

It’s not all bad, like I said, gameplay is getting better on some levels(not all) and the new damage system is fantastic and should be a great foundation for the future, the new sub system is interesting and I like it(although you cannot choke someone unconscious or break a limb like you could in UFC 4, another feature taken out for no reason) the game has its moments, but I would really like the dev team to take more time off if it meant releasing a game that made the fans happy, 4 and 5 felt super rushed. But maybe just maybe ea pulls through

Last edited by CLORPIOUS; 03-11-2024 at 04:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »