Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

During 17 I remember we had a phase where we really struggled to find the right balance regarding CB's stepping up into the play. I think it is a concern in the demo, but I also believe there will be a fix we can find. I honestly can not wait to see what the pass error slider does for us. The ball is already leaps and bounds more loose than 2017.. A little pass error adjustment, a little FT control adjustment and then of course finding the magical H/L/W setting will be my first areas of interest.

I so wish this game came out this weekend. Just got diagnosed with a crazy case of shingles and will be on the couch all weekend...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 12:34 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
During 17 I remember we had a phase where we really struggled to find the right balance regarding CB's stepping up into the play. I think it is a concern in the demo, but I also believe there will be a fix we can find.
I'd love to see this solved this year. Probably one of my biggest annoyances with the game.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #67
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

The aggression of the CPU defense is really odd in this demo. Watching some of the streams from people who already have the full release, the defensive AI is a point of worry.

What I'm seeing is quite a bit of inconsistency in the CPU defense's approach. Teams that press will be aggressive in your own half. Man City, for example, tries to get the ball back as soon as they turn it over in your own half.

But the CPU defense behaves oddly in its own half. Playing on Legendary, it's really REALLY easy to go from the midfield line to the opponents box. One major exploit I've been able to use time and time again is dribbling with a fullback, cutting inward about midway into the opponents half, and the defense won't even attempt to stop you. Many times I'll go clean through to the box, with either a wide open shot available or if a CB steps out finally, you've got a wide open attacker to pass to for a tap in.

The defense is much better in its final third, but there's still some strange behavior going on. Sometimes - and we're talking about world class defenders here - the CPU defense isn't attempting to close down. Sometimes when they do, it's pretty sloppy and too easy to get around.

Most of what I'm seeing to me looks like EA has coded the CPU defense to allow easy attacking play, and hopefully this can be fixed with sliders, although the lack of aggression is worrisome. One thing that can't be fixed with sliders that worries me is that you'll sometimes see defenders along the defensive line completely abandon their position, leaving a wide open lane to the goal. It's clearly a coding error because you can see them reverse course, as if the defender is like oh **** what am I thinking.

This demo has been a blast to play and I'm psyched for the full release, but this defensive AI is a pretty big concern. In terms of gameplay, it's really my only big worry.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #68
Rookie

Fifa 18 10 hour trial on EA Access on Xbox and Origin for PC is online now... Go Go Go!

I'm downloading it and it's 43.5G on Xbox
Old 09-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
The aggression of the CPU defense is really odd in this demo. Watching some of the streams from people who already have the full release, the defensive AI is a point of worry.

What I'm seeing is quite a bit of inconsistency in the CPU defense's approach. Teams that press will be aggressive in your own half. Man City, for example, tries to get the ball back as soon as they turn it over in your own half.

But the CPU defense behaves oddly in its own half. Playing on Legendary, it's really REALLY easy to go from the midfield line to the opponents box. One major exploit I've been able to use time and time again is dribbling with a fullback, cutting inward about midway into the opponents half, and the defense won't even attempt to stop you. Many times I'll go clean through to the box, with either a wide open shot available or if a CB steps out finally, you've got a wide open attacker to pass to for a tap in.

The defense is much better in its final third, but there's still some strange behavior going on. Sometimes - and we're talking about world class defenders here - the CPU defense isn't attempting to close down. Sometimes when they do, it's pretty sloppy and too easy to get around.

Most of what I'm seeing to me looks like EA has coded the CPU defense to allow easy attacking play, and hopefully this can be fixed with sliders, although the lack of aggression is worrisome. One thing that can't be fixed with sliders that worries me is that you'll sometimes see defenders along the defensive line completely abandon their position, leaving a wide open lane to the goal. It's clearly a coding error because you can see them reverse course, as if the defender is like oh **** what am I thinking.

This demo has been a blast to play and I'm psyched for the full release, but this defensive AI is a pretty big concern. In terms of gameplay, it's really my only big worry.
Sounds like it may be the defensive angle animation...can you verify?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sounds like it may be the defensive angle animation...can you verify?
Im downloading the trial now. If it is defensive angle animation, am I right in thinking that you got around it previously through adjustments to sprint speed?
My first assumption was line height, but I swear I remember watching a stream where you adjusted sprint in order to get the defender to take a more sensible angle to the ball.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Game 1 of the trial down. Played as Huddersfield against Liverpool. Full manual, World Class, normal speed, default sliders.

Shots - 6/19
On target - 1/9
Possession - 43/57
Fouls - 4/3
YC - 2/1
Corners - 2/4
Pass Accuracy - 72/81

Really fun. Even though I was slaughtered 0-3. As a Liverpool supporter, wanted to see how their AI played. Felt pressured in my own half, Liverpool sought to win the all back high and quickly. I regularly had to play back to the keeper and switch the play. It was nice actually having to switch the play out of necessity, rather than just to mix up my attack. Once I lost the ball at midfield on a heavy touch. Firmino picked my pocket from behind. Scooped the ball up and played in behind to Salah on the wing, who got past my LB, cut back, then crossed far post to Mane, who volleyed home. Honestly, impressive to see.

Trying to ration my 10 hours, but my first game was full of promise.

EDIT: Seeing a couple negative reactions in the main post. Gotta say, my first match was an opposite experience. Plenty of misplaced passes and heavy touches. Challenging. Didn't feel cheated.

Last edited by grizzlies317; 09-20-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #72
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
Game 1 of the trial down. Played as Huddersfield against Liverpool. Full manual, World Class, normal speed, default sliders.

Shots - 6/19
On target - 1/9
Possession - 43/57
Fouls - 4/3
YC - 2/1
Corners - 2/4
Pass Accuracy - 72/81

Really fun. Even though I was slaughtered 0-3. As a Liverpool supporter, wanted to see how their AI played. Felt pressured in my own half, Liverpool sought to win the all back high and quickly. I regularly had to play back to the keeper and switch the play. It was nice actually having to switch the play out of necessity, rather than just to mix up my attack. Once I lost the ball at midfield on a heavy touch. Firmino picked my pocket from behind. Scooped the ball up and played in behind to Salah on the wing, who got past my LB, cut back, then crossed far post to Mane, who volleyed home. Honestly, impressive to see.

Trying to ration my 10 hours, but my first game was full of promise.

EDIT: Seeing a couple negative reactions in the main post. Gotta say, my first match was an opposite experience. Plenty of misplaced passes and heavy touches. Challenging.
Pffff. thats not realistic is it?
Now if you had said Salah bombed past the defender and his cross hit the side netting or was behind Mane then that would be impressive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »