Home

FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Playing CPU vs CPU default, what looks the most realistic?
Legendary 31 20.95%
World Class 51 34.46%
Professional 61 41.22%
All look the same 9 6.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
I will start to mess up with other sliders (RF, lines) and do some fine tuning to the ones already changed.

Pack 1.6:
Acceleration 48
Shot error 55
Pass error 60
Shot speed 49
Pass speed 46
Marking 55
Run Frequency 45
FT error 55

10/10/2016. Test #14:

Accrington (1*) vs Arsenal (5*)
15 min halves
CPU vs CPU
Default sliders + Pack 1.6

Default stats between ()

WORLD CLASS
Goals 0-3 (0-2)
Shots 3-20 (1-19)
Shots on target 1-10 (1-10)
Possession% 35-65 (39-61)
Tackles 16-11 (21-29)
Fouls 5-2 (0-2)
Injuries 0-2 (1-0)
Offsides 0-0 (0-1)
Corners 1-3 (1-3)
Shot accuracy% 33-50 (100-52)
Pass accuracy% 83-93 (87-95)

PROFESSIONAL
Goals 0-1 (3-5)
Shots 2-24 (6-23)
Shots on target 1-12 (3-12)
Possession% 36-64 (37-63)
Tackles 20-18 (20-19)
Fouls 6-1 (4-1)
Injuries 0-0 (0-0)
Offsides 0-1 (1-0)
Corners 2-12 (1-6)
Shot accuracy% 50-50 (50-52)
Pass accuracy% 83-94 (88-95)

Comments: tested lower RF, 51 Line Height, 49 Line Length, higher FT. Stats did not went well. Tomorrow will continue...

Cheers!
Not that bad, execpt pass accurasy for Acrrington 83%!, almost never
gonna happen, and against Arsenal, no way!. A league 2 team should normal be in 60-70 %.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:41 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Dane
Not that bad, execpt pass accurasy for Acrrington 83%!, almost never
gonna happen, and against Arsenal, no way!. A league 2 team should normal be in 60-70 %.
True. But raising pass error too much will hurt all CPU teams ability to create chances. What probably will result is, you decrease pass accuracy slightly for the weaker side but the better side won't be able to be as dominant as it should.

As always, a balance is needed between what we wish to accomplish and what is possible.

It's very hard (maybe impossible) to make a 30 (or 40) min videogame to have the same stats and gameplay as the real 90 min sport.

Cheers!

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2016, 07:16 AM   #51
Banned

Hi mate
Pass accuracy is problematic, and it is also one of the reason I do not see real team ID in Fifa 17.

Quote:
True. But raising pass error too much will hurt all CPU teams ability to create chances
Not what i see. Good player (and the teams) can still create chances, even if you raise PE, as does FT error.

Quote:
It's very hard (maybe impossible) to make a 30 (or 40) min videogame to have the same stats and gameplay as the real 90 min sport.
True, but we try to get as close to reality as possible. I have no illusion that we come very close to reality , but 20 minutes is the closest you get in proportion to the statistics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Hi mate
Pass accuracy is problematic, and it is also one of the reason I do not see real team ID in Fifa 17.
Pass accuracy... There's some theory/fact(?) that the real pass accuracy should be -10% that what it's shown to us.

Rel team ID = team custom tactic. It's there this year. The problem is that as someone mentioned it seams that teams tactics are not updated since FIFA 14. So, you need to do all the work to setup all teams default tactics to fit the current real teams tactics.

Quote:
Not what i see. Good player (and the teams) can still create chances, even if you raise PE, as does FT error.
It was not so in FIFA 16. Pass error over 60 would hurt CPU ability too much. Not mentioning CPU crosses.

Quote:
True, but we try to get as close to reality as possible. I have no illusion that we come very close to reality , but 20 minutes is the closest you get in proportion to the statistics.
I agree. Unfortunately there are not many users using 20 min halves.

1 game using:
Acceleration 48
Shot error 55
Pass error 70
Shot speed 49
Pass speed 46
Marking 55
GK ability 48
FT error 70

Accrington (1*) vs Arsenal (5*)
20 min halves
CPU vs CPU

WORLD CLASS
Goals 0-6
Shots 0-20
Shots on target 0-13
Possession% 37-63
Tackles 24-27
Fouls 2-2
Injuries 0-0
Offsides 0-0
Corners 0-6
Shot accuracy% 0-65
Pass accuracy% 84-92

Didn't do much to change pass accuracy. Any other suggestion?

Cheers!

P.S.: did tested 99 pass error to see what it does. Only 22 in game min. CPU was at >90% pass accuracy. They limit their passes to the short safer ones. Also, a short test editing Accrington tactic to a more direct and riskier. Pass accuracy was in the higher 70ies...

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-11-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #53
Banned

Hi mate

Quote:
Pass accuracy... There's some theory/fact(?) that the real pass accuracy should be -10% that what it's shown to us.
I also have (long) heard of the theory with the 10 percent. But before some shows me how the theory holds, i dont belive it. Prove me wrong, Please. If it's a miscalculation, should EA so not long havd directed it ?.

Quote:
Rel team ID = team custom tactic. It's there this year.
Perhaps we should clarify what we understand by Team ID?. For me it means I can tell the difference between the play as Liverpool or Barnet. My contention is that I can not. But I can on the pitch see that Liverpool is Barnet superior, but this is due to EA have made strength difference. If you are Arsenal and playing Accrington fc, you will not notice any difference if you used Barnet instead of Accrington. And the day you can (if it ever happens) it is in my world Team ID.

Quote:
The problem is that as someone mencioned it seams that teams tactics are not updated since FIFA 14
Why should they not have updated team tactics since 14, it sounds mildly, unlikely with all the updates and opportunities for that, we now 2/3 years after discover the missing team updates?. If it is true, then we achieve what we deserve.

Quote:
Didn't do much to change pass accuracy. Any other suggestion?
No, and I do not believe in the quick fix with slider, Perhaps therefore "invented" the 10 % fix? .You can with equal teams use ft error and pass error. But apart from pass accuracy your numbers look great.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
P.S.: did tested 99 pass error to see what it does. Only 22 in game min. CPU was at >90% pass accuracy. They limit their passes to the short safer ones. Also, a short test editing Accrington tactic to a more direct and riskier. Pass accuracy was in the higher 70ies...
I'm testing right now Bordeaux (4) vs Amiens(1˝) with error FT 100/100 and PE error 100/100, 60 minutes into the game is Amiens PA of 84%, so no changes by using extreme . Could you elaborate on that last one I did not understand ?.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Hi mate

I also have (long) heard of the theory with the 10 percent. But before some shows me how the theory holds, i dont belive it. Prove me wrong, Please. If it's a miscalculation, should EA so not long havd directed it ?.
Did you never seen teams scoring goals and having 0 shots on target? I have. So, that said, I believe almost everything is possible with EA stats...

Quote:
Perhaps we should clarify what we understand by Team ID?. For me it means I can tell the difference between the play as Liverpool or Barnet. My contention is that I can not. But I can on the pitch see that Liverpool is Barnet superior, but this is due to EA have made strength difference. If you are Arsenal and playing Accrington fc, you will not notice any difference if you used Barnet instead of Accrington. And the day you can (if it ever happens) it is in my world Team ID.
What you need to have a Team ID? Just add players IDs and teams tactics. In FIFA 17 you can feel the different strengths in teams because individual players strengths. Not sure about teams tactics on those lower leagues teams. Didn't check if they are all the same or if they appear to be realistic.

Quote:
Why should they not have updated team tactics since 14, it sounds mildly, unlikely with all the updates and opportunities for that, we now 2/3 years after discover the missing team updates?. If it is true, then we achieve what we deserve.
That's easy to check. Do you have past FIFA's copies, do you? Check for example Man City and Man Utd default tactics in FIFA 16 and FIFA 17 and see if they are the same or not.

Quote:
No, and I do not believe in the quick fix with slider, Perhaps therefore "invented" the 10 % fix? .You can with equal teams use ft error and pass error. But apart from pass accuracy your numbers look great.
Apart the non-fixable stats issues (fouls, pass accuracy) the rest looks fine.

What next? I don't believe in changing LINES and FB. They look fine to me. Maybe I will take a look at sprint speed and RF. I would love to slower the pace while keeping CPU offense threatening (keeping total shots numbers realistic).

Cheers!

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-11-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
I'm testing right now Bordeaux (4) vs Amiens(1˝) with error FT 100/100 and PE error 100/100, 60 minutes into the game is Amiens PA of 84%, so no changes by using extreme . Could you elaborate on that last one I did not understand ?.
Before starting the game, went to the Accrington tactic menu, selected custom tactic and edited those build up play sliders values.

We need https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0 for FIFA 17.

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-11-2016 at 05:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »