Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-18-2024, 01:22 PM   #2073
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is interesting:

"However, as the third though the tenth matches are played, the CPU tends to overcorrect, before finalizing adjustments for the remainder of the season"

I've tended to see the same thing, but without any info from EA, I've never been able to figure out what may be a bug, versus what may be intentionally coded. I think EA is afraid to talk about any manipulation in career mode because they're afraid the UT crowd will think they did the same in ultimate team.

I tried playing this morning and I can't tell what's a bug or code driven. Started a great game in league 2. It played perfectly. Scored a goal. The AI stated moving the ball and then it "glitched." You can see a little screen/frame rate drop on PS5. Animations became extremely accelerated, player speed and shot speed were up, tackles were all incredibly aggressive. It's like the game wanted to press since they were down, but something goes wrong and the engine starts to break. I checked the AI tactics - everything still on balanced. This could be the game difficulty spiking - but then there are obvious bugs - on a throw in my player ran in from the side line and started running all over the pitch with the ball above his head (still at high speed). on a free kick I touched the shoot button as lightly as possible. The power bar filled up, cycled 50% more and kicked a knuckle ball out of the stadium (it was the wrexham stadium - the ball went over the roof). It's stuff like this that makes it tough for me to really enjoy a career mode since it seems so bugged and glitchy every couple games. I can reset everything and get the game play running well again normally, but it tends to start breaking more and more as the season goes on. At times I wonder if slider adjustments corrupt something in the engine when the CPU is trying to make changes to their playstyle (i.e. it results in some variables exceeding the permitted thresholds), but since a lot of players don't experience this, it can't be that simple. It's unfortunate, because there is some really good game play in this code somewhere.

Last edited by MRapide; 02-18-2024 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:44 PM   #2074
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinKid73
saints0221,

In career mode saves, I always use the full allotment of assistant coaches to maintain sharpness between matches. To counteract the perceived user advantages, all players are configured to 'Balanced' in the dynamic player ability settings of the squad menu, instead of the enhanced method to upgrade player attributes, and all saves are started disconnected from the EA servers to avoid the 'free and immediate' five star across-the-board assistant coach at the beginning. Additionally, I convert the formation sheets from a predetermined configuration (Tika-Taka, Standard, etc.) to 'Custom', further reducing the impact of assistant coaches. At the maximum, player attributes are generally limited from one to three supplementary points, even with ten assistant coaches. In my opinion, this is deemed to be not 'cheating' for the user, and the Balanced development method limits even high potential youths to two or three upgrade points per year. When previously using dynamic development in FIFA 23, routinely players could upgrade six to nine points every year, managing a change from an initial 71 to a final 94 rating in less than three years.

I must be missing something here. Have you found that coaches impacts player fitness and sharpness recovery?

I’ve got a RTG started in English League 1 but I’m struggling to keep my reserves sharpness in the green.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:26 PM   #2075
Rookie

I started playing FIFA this season and then discovered this forum / the sliders in the fall, so I don’t have the historical reference of some of you. This discussion of the scripting and variability is really interesting. Do some of you observe that certain clubs are massive outperformers relative to their player ability? I am in a 2nd bundesliga season right now and find Wolfsburg to play better than any other side. They are magical - routinely stripping the ball from my players, throwing up crosses and heading them in on the far post. Most of my games score 3-5 goals, Wolfsburg is up 4 by the half. My n=3, so it isn’t conclusive, but it seems an example of a scripting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2024, 05:26 PM   #2076
Rookie

This is my first time i have seen this in careermode.
Is was a game in the pre season

https://youtu.be/ho3ie0LTW2Q?si=t5Q129NWFwHbAkY-
Old 02-20-2024, 10:26 AM   #2077
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacerto
I started playing FIFA this season and then discovered this forum / the sliders in the fall, so I don’t have the historical reference of some of you. This discussion of the scripting and variability is really interesting. Do some of you observe that certain clubs are massive outperformers relative to their player ability? I am in a 2nd bundesliga season right now and find Wolfsburg to play better than any other side. They are magical - routinely stripping the ball from my players, throwing up crosses and heading them in on the far post. Most of my games score 3-5 goals, Wolfsburg is up 4 by the half. My n=3, so it isn’t conclusive, but it seems an example of a scripting.
Not to completely derail a slider thread into a scripting discussion - but my personal view is that scripting - where the game is predetermined - doesn't exist. But I do firmly believe that the difficulty (reaction time, player stat boosts, etc) do vary materially, so some games are much harder and certain games the CPU players behave well in excess of their stats. Cup matches are usually an easy example of this, and then different people will have different views based on things like rivalries, win streaks, random EA RNG impacts from match to match, etc.

So I would personally say the match isn't scripted to a specific outcome, but I would say that it's quite possible the difficulty and CPU play in the match could boosted due to a variety of factors making it much more difficult and a lot harder to overcome. Of course AI team tactics can make the games more challenging as well, but my sense is you're seeing some things that go beyond that.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:30 AM   #2078
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champpy84
This is my first time i have seen this in careermode.
Is was a game in the pre season

https://youtu.be/ho3ie0LTW2Q?si=t5Q129NWFwHbAkY-

Ouch. Fifa is going to Fifa sometimes...even when it's EA FC. It's ridiculous, but at least the post interfered so I can kindddddd of understand how the code triggered that set of animations vs the ones where the keeper just stands still/runs in place and doesn't stop the slow rolling ball. But regardless it still likely ruins that match for you.

Last edited by MRapide; 02-20-2024 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:57 AM   #2079
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacerto
I'm in Season 6 of my current career with St. Pauli, and having been in the Bundesliga since Season 2, Wolfsburg has been consistenly the most difficult team to play against. I've beaten Bayern and Dortmund a few times, but I am 1-3-4 against Wolfsburg in 8 matches. Regardless of my current win/loss streak or when I play them in the season, the games are high intensity and difficult. Despite this, they have consistently finished between 6th and 10th in every season, which to me is unfortunate as the ai vs ai simming algorithm doesn't accurately emulate what we experience as human players.

The only team I can remember specifically being this difficult to play against in any of my Bundesliga saves was FIFA 16's Leverkusen, but in that game team strategies were better coded (imo), so I'm not sure if it's strictly down to strategies as Wolfsburg's FC 24 strategies are nothing super out of the ordinary (compared to 16's Leverkusen who had drastic strategies both offensively and defensively).

Personally, for as long as I've played these games, I've always been curious if there is a hidden rival attribute that gets added to a random team when your actual rival team is not in the same league as your own, thus giving you one extra difficult opponent to deal with and build a rivalry with, which wouldn't be a bad thing as having that does add some extra unexpected depth to the career.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:54 PM   #2080
Just started!

Maybe another reason that makes the game looks scripted is the outcome of action seems to be the result of a RNG. If, according to a test, an action is successful (or failed), it is successful (or failed) whatever the game engine displays: the reality is wrong and must be corrected, and collisions vanish! And if you lose the ball or get scored a goal, you feel cheated...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »