Home

Goalkeepers suck

This is a discussion on Goalkeepers suck within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Goalkeepers suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Last year shooting across the face of the goal to the far post always worked, this year it's the opposite. On this pace, next year shots right down the middle will be best.

I have found that they already are.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #10
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I use sliders woth gk ability at 42 and see no issues. I just won 2-0 twice in a row. AI with almost 30 shots, at least 10-12 were on target.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 11-20-2020, 08:45 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I use sliders woth gk ability at 42 and see no issues. I just won 2-0 twice in a row. AI with almost 30 shots, at least 10-12 were on target.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
I saw in the EA HQ Talk, that there are a lot of gamers having an issue with the gk.. But obviously, the guys at EA donīt see this, donīt care, or are unable to fix it. There is no challenge in one vs one situation, when you know the gk falls to the ground when you shoot.. So you can lob the ball or try near post...what a crap...this is not 2021 stuff - it is 2017... get your act together, EA...this is a poor performance in programming... and you are not listening....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #12
Rookie

Angry Goalkeepers suck

We are half-way through the FIFA 21 year, and EA has not come up with an patch for goalkeepers... I see a lot of criticism, and this is something EA has to fix. There is no reason to find polite words to describe this utter nonsense of programming sh.. I have never seen so stupid GK in a 1vs1 situation. How can you, EA, release such garbage? Come on, di your homework properly and give us a patch de-bugging it, because it is simply a bug... FIX it.. or give us a chance to fix it by ourselves... The gk should have the chance to remain standing when doing an save, and not dropping to the gras every time, making it easy to play a lob or aiming high... fix it
Old 06-01-2021, 05:50 AM   #13
Rookie

idealhuman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam4u
I saw in the EA HQ Talk, that there are a lot of gamers having an issue with the gk.. But obviously, the guys at EA donīt see this, donīt care, or are unable to fix it. There is no challenge in one vs one situation, when you know the gk falls to the ground when you shoot.. So you can lob the ball or try near post...what a crap...this is not 2021 stuff - it is 2017... get your act together, EA...this is a poor performance in programming... and you are not listening....
I can’t say that I am a professional player, but I’m not really a beginner either. My colleagues and I play at work in FIFA and yes, the score can be ridiculous, like 9:1, but this is unlikely because of the goalkeeper.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:31 PM   #14
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Y'all have to realize that FIFA is not a soccer simulation (or even close to one). The sooner that is realized, the sooner you'll understand why goalies and defenders aren't very good. The majority of FIFA players play FUT and don't care about simulation, just the competition aspects of the game. The massive FUT player base would leave in droves if the majority of game scores were 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, etc. and required a knowledge of tactics and such.

Want simulation football, the closest you're going to get is Football Manager.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:31 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealhuman
I can’t say that I am a professional player, but I’m not really a beginner either. My colleagues and I play at work in FIFA and yes, the score can be ridiculous, like 9:1, but this is unlikely because of the goalkeeper.

I have been playing Fifa since 1998... and yes, EA has a GK problem. They are dumb in a 1 vs 1 situation. It is programming **** and nonsense in respect to where it should be. They drop to the floor every time. Why canīt they remain standing? 80% of the shots would be saved. And that near post zombie reaction is ridiculous.. I donīt understand why everyone does not see this crap...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2021, 07:49 PM   #16
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Keepers aren't good enough but near post is the only major gripe I have. I also play with GK slider at 60, so that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »