Home

Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

This is a discussion on Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2016, 05:37 AM   #161
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
PES's gameplay is wildly overrated. It's better than FIFA but it's not absolutely amazing. Same thing with FIFA presentation, its much better than PES but it could still be considerably better.

I've said this several times before in the slider threads, the problem with FIFA and PES is that they are competing directly against each other. Instead of improving every facet of the game, each company simply tries to "best the competition" by continually improving the things each game already excels at.

In order for us to get a comprehensive soccer experience, one of two things needs to happen:

1. A random new developer creates a game good enough to challenge Konami and EA into making drastic improvements

OR

2. Konami or EA is bought out by the other

Until that happens, I'll be sticking with FIFA
If you think one buying out the other would be good, then I disagree. Competition is good and it is reflected in both games. They're not perfect but they're still excellent games. A single developer making one game has no incentive to push themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #162
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoffthepost
That's a myth really. Madden, NBA 2K, MLB The Show, etc...They may not push as much as you would like, but they know if they get lazy they will pay for it. I'd rather have one very good game than two okay games, which is IMO what we have with FIFA/PES at the moment. Neither excels.
NBA 2K has been blowing NBA Live out of the water (and it looks like EA chose to skip this year), they're pushing themselves for that to win over the basketball gamers. Madden... not much has changed between 25/15/16 and 17 but adding CFM which is what a lot of people have been waiting for. MLB The Show, like already mentioned, those devs actually care. Oh let's not forget EA's UFC, does anyone actually care about that game? EA pulled half of NHL's dev team to develop that, EA has enough money to hire a complete dev team of their own... and about NHL, yeah... fire Rammer.

EA are drunk on monopoly, they had a hold on the Porsche brand and mishandled it that now Porsche are allowing Turn10/Playgrounds to use it.

Last edited by BSDShoes; 09-23-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #163
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Thanks for the appreciation.

I can't help but disagree though. I have played around with tactics on FIFA for a long time, as an avid Football Manager player, and someone who very much favours structured, disciplined football, it is impossible to play disciplined pressing football in the final third. My players cannot press opponents without going gung-ho and exposing the mid field. You cannot set which areas of the field you want your players to press, you have no ability in FIFA to set tactics and have players play to them, as I say in my post above.

All you can do is neuter your own ability to play a certain way, or you can just rely on sitting deep, letting them send everyone in attack, stop it and bomb up the wing on the counter.

If you happen to get a game vs a team that is considerably less talented, you can still dominate possession, get 10 shots on target and lose 1-0 to their only shot cheese, because FIFA is also unable to balance difficulty in a fair way.

It is nigh on impossible to enjoy playing against the CPU on any default settings, and I still don't enjoy it with sliders either but thats just me.

FIFA is tailored to online players, one of which I have become but that does not excuse the lack of advancements in ability to set fundamental tactics and have various approaches that work.

FIFA is slowly becoming like Madden, and its sad to see.
Apologies for the late response, haven't had much time lately.

I agree with most of your points yet, if you would be interested, once my career's well underway, i could share with you some footage in which (if all goes to plan) i could show how it is possible to succesfully pull off high offensive pressure without leaving behind too many holes for the AI to exploit.

And sort out your PM-box. Wanted to send you a message yet i can't because your box(es) are full.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #164
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
I agree with you most everything you said but this one that is for sure with me and well I don't have a problem with it. I think all sports games should be tailored to online gamers these days. That's just my opinion though..

however, I don't see why they can't still include the tactics and strategy depth that PES has into FIFA... that's what I want. I prefer PES as my game of choice if you want to go for realism and how a game plays. Even FIFA with Orion and Matt's slider don't make the game close to realism for me but that's okay. Yeah it makes the game better but PES 2016 was more close to realism to me than FIFA 16 with sliderss. and that is with the broken foul system.. large part and reason is because of the flow of the game and tactics of how the teams play.. fifa just does bad in this area. with that said I still played FIFA last year more than PES because well I'm more of an online gamer like you stated and PES is just not as good online and I just don't play games much anymore offline for a long time. I basically want FIFA's online licenses and presentation with PES game play and tactics. IF we ever got that.. that would be by far the best football game ever
In all seriousness, if FIFA had any sense, they would zero in on tactics, so that each team firstly could have 3 base formations, with AI that reads your formation and picks the best one to counter it.
Or as simple as Man City's Pellegrini home 4-4-2 away 4-5-1.

Then they would just make it so a holding midfielder, when set a specific instruction of 'stays behind ball' that he never ever goes beyond the ball, (tying it to tactical awareness rating would be amazing though)

You could literally just select options for full backs to 'only attack in numbers', 'always attack' 'stay back at all times' 'last one to attack'. then with this tied into their tactical awareness rating, would be able to stick to the managers decision or not.

This would also really benefit the be a Pro aspects of the game, making the roles easier to determine and able to play structured football and be rewarded for it.

Casual gamers don't give a rats arse about tactics, but they would if it helped them win, and if it worked.

You could even implement tactics into FUT, in which you get a tactics card, which has the formation and pre-set of an existing club, which you are used to playing with, and can use so that you can control the tactics your team play with, without making it hard for users who don't give a ****.

You could also create a custom tactic card, in which you can give the option to people such as myself to play how they want in any game mode.

If I could have a defensive midfielder just SIT on top of my defensive line, I would be SO happy.

It would literally make FIFA 10x better as a game, because this absence of positional logic or tactical sense makes attacking in this game an all in affair and subsequently not fun.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #165
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Apologies for the late response, haven't had much time lately.

I agree with most of your points yet, if you would be interested, once my career's well underway, i could share with you some footage in which (if all goes to plan) i could show how it is possible to succesfully pull off high offensive pressure without leaving behind too many holes for the AI to exploit.

And sort out your PM-box. Wanted to send you a message yet i can't because your box(es) are full.
didn't realise that, thanks.

and bro its cool, I know how to play FIFA and don't really play against AI anyway.

Until they do something about it I'm not gonna waste my time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #166
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Soccer is the only major sport that has video game competition so it's a little weird hearing people say they'd like 2K to enter the arena. Never-mind the facts that:

2K has never made a soccer game
EA has a stranglehold on licenses to the point where Konami can barely keep up

It's flattering to 2K that people would think they'd just be able to make a soccer game up to NBA 2K's quality w/o any experience but the amount of time it would take them to catch PES/FIFA would be lengthy.

With the congested fall sports release schedule it's not a matter of FIFA vs PES. It's FIFA vs PES vs Madden vs 2K vs NHL plus all the other non-sports games that come out which are competing for console time, especially in the States.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »