Home

Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

This is a discussion on Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #153
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

The one thing I think we can all agree on here is that this thread has a wonderful variety of fonts/color schemes.

Twitch Stream
Old 09-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
FIFA has not been able to incorporate team specific tactics or in fact any tactics that actually work.
Cannot argue with that.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #155
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
FIFA is tailored to online players, one of which I have become but that does not excuse the lack of advancements in ability to set fundamental tactics and have various approaches that work.
I agree with you most everything you said but this one that is for sure with me and well I don't have a problem with it. I think all sports games should be tailored to online gamers these days. That's just my opinion though..

however, I don't see why they can't still include the tactics and strategy depth that PES has into FIFA... that's what I want. I prefer PES as my game of choice if you want to go for realism and how a game plays. Even FIFA with Orion and Matt's slider don't make the game close to realism for me but that's okay. Yeah it makes the game better but PES 2016 was more close to realism to me than FIFA 16 with sliderss. and that is with the broken foul system.. large part and reason is because of the flow of the game and tactics of how the teams play.. fifa just does bad in this area. with that said I still played FIFA last year more than PES because well I'm more of an online gamer like you stated and PES is just not as good online and I just don't play games much anymore offline for a long time. I basically want FIFA's online licenses and presentation with PES game play and tactics. IF we ever got that.. that would be by far the best football game ever

Last edited by stevostl; 09-21-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 11:54 PM   #156
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

PES's gameplay is wildly overrated. It's better than FIFA but it's not absolutely amazing. Same thing with FIFA presentation, its much better than PES but it could still be considerably better.

I've said this several times before in the slider threads, the problem with FIFA and PES is that they are competing directly against each other. Instead of improving every facet of the game, each company simply tries to "best the competition" by continually improving the things each game already excels at.

In order for us to get a comprehensive soccer experience, one of two things needs to happen:

1. A random new developer creates a game good enough to challenge Konami and EA into making drastic improvements

OR

2. Konami or EA is bought out by the other

Until that happens, I'll be sticking with FIFA
Old 09-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #157
Pro

Both games had problems for several years now. Few years ago Fifa made the jump and improved lots of things, and PES was like lost in the ocean without solutions on sight.

PES this year is winning a spot in the heart of the fans because finally they have improved the things that people were asking for the last years. Thatīs why itīs causing such a good impression. Itīs far from perfect, but has made a hell of an evolution since last year. Fifa on the other hand, improved little things but keeps doing the same wrong things. Some fans like it still, some are just tired.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:36 PM   #158
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
PES's gameplay is wildly overrated. It's better than FIFA but it's not absolutely amazing. Same thing with FIFA presentation, its much better than PES but it could still be considerably better.

I've said this several times before in the slider threads, the problem with FIFA and PES is that they are competing directly against each other. Instead of improving every facet of the game, each company simply tries to "best the competition" by continually improving the things each game already excels at.

In order for us to get a comprehensive soccer experience, one of two things needs to happen:

1. A random new developer creates a game good enough to challenge Konami and EA into making drastic improvements

OR

I've been saying for years now, that 2K needs to start making one. With what they did for basketball, I can only imagine what they could do for soccer.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:14 PM   #159
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado

OR

I agree with most of this, although I think PES 2017 is properly rated by *plenty* of respectable people around these parts. Having said that, if you're on a PC or XBONE, I can see why you'd be disappointed or find it overrated. Then again, what did you expect when you bought another Microsoft console?

In all seriousness, you're absolutely right about the need for another player in the market.

Your conclusion of sticking with FIFA is where we differ. Not this year. At least Konami made strides with their comparatively limited resources. FIFA are trotting out the same thing every year.

Taking one step into Matt's community sliders thread and I have instant effing PTSD. Just enough already...

"Hey everybody, give version #42A variation 34 a try, it's very promising!"
Old 09-23-2016, 03:24 AM   #160
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
This isn't a placebo. Its been like this for a couple years. When you go full manual, it seems to turn the accuracy of the CPU down also, ever so slightly. To match your settings.
I've never noticed this myself, but I havent played anything but full auto in many a year. One thing I think they should do is give full manual players more points after the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »