Home

MLS vs International

This is a discussion on MLS vs International within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer in Manager Career Mode?
MLS 4 33.33%
Non-US Team 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2024, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
MLS vs International

Curious how many prefer managing career mode for an international team versus MLS team?

Is it harder to get transfers to come to US-based teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 08:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLS vs International

You could do a financial takeover, but none of the other teams in the MLS would operate like that so it’s kind of pointless. My favorite thing to do is take a team in England in like league one or two and move them up. I do it every year I just choose a different team to keep it fresh. For player career I like starting in the MLS then move to Europe after a year.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:42 PM   #3
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by danj13
You could do a financial takeover, but none of the other teams in the MLS would operate like that so it’s kind of pointless. My favorite thing to do is take a team in England in like league one or two and move them up. I do it every year I just choose a different team to keep it fresh. For player career I like starting in the MLS then move to Europe after a year.
Yeah this is pretty much where I arrived at as well (Bolton and Crewe are my teams this year). I’d like to do it with even lower level teams as I do on FM but the English league is the only one that has anything close to “depth” in terms of the pyramid. FM doesn’t ship necessarily with very deep playable leagues but mods to add playable tiers are plentiful and creates opportunities for a lot of interesting informal challenges. For quite some time the San Marino challenge was very much in vogue (taking the club team to win the Serie A while taking the national team to at least Euro qualification) and I actually spent 3-4 years mainly trying to make that happen and never was able to. With a little extra work some acknowledgment in bringing a team like Oldham or Swindon back to the Prem would be a nice touch for EA but I’ll settle now if they would manage to acknowledge injuries screwing up a season shouldn’t directly result in a paycut for what are unrealistic expectations in player career to begin with.

Although I definitely never tried starting my player character in MLS and have them move to Europe, might give that a shot next. I’ve gone the French/German 2nd division to La Liga/Prem route a few times but the top teams demand ridiculous things that are impossible to achieve if you get injured and my agent would inevitably try to convince me that Punjab FC is the right move for me. I wish they’d add a “fire agent” option. There’s so much potential there but right now it’s mostly empty platitudes and almost sarcastic and cynical recommendations.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:58 AM   #4
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
Is it harder to get transfers to come to US-based teams?
For the big European players I would try to keep it realistic by not signing them until they are older.

But for players from Argentina and smaller European leagues, it is not difficult at all.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknobb
Yeah this is pretty much where I arrived at as well (Bolton and Crewe are my teams this year). I’d like to do it with even lower level teams as I do on FM but the English league is the only one that has anything close to “depth” in terms of the pyramid. FM doesn’t ship necessarily with very deep playable leagues but mods to add playable tiers are plentiful and creates opportunities for a lot of interesting informal challenges. For quite some time the San Marino challenge was very much in vogue (taking the club team to win the Serie A while taking the national team to at least Euro qualification) and I actually spent 3-4 years mainly trying to make that happen and never was able to. With a little extra work some acknowledgment in bringing a team like Oldham or Swindon back to the Prem would be a nice touch for EA but I’ll settle now if they would manage to acknowledge injuries screwing up a season shouldn’t directly result in a paycut for what are unrealistic expectations in player career to begin with.

Although I definitely never tried starting my player character in MLS and have them move to Europe, might give that a shot next. I’ve gone the French/German 2nd division to La Liga/Prem route a few times but the top teams demand ridiculous things that are impossible to achieve if you get injured and my agent would inevitably try to convince me that Punjab FC is the right move for me. I wish they’d add a “fire agent” option. There’s so much potential there but right now it’s mostly empty platitudes and almost sarcastic and cynical recommendations.
I started on LA Galaxy we ended up winning the cup. The goals can be crazy, but I ended up getting Nottingham Forest after I put them as a target team. I only missed out on one of the money objectives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2024, 09:06 AM   #6
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
This is a great idea! I was also looking at either a team from Spain or Germany since both those countries have multiple leagues for trying to progress your team to a higher level.

Most the countries only have 1 league so there is no challenge, except to keep winning the same league.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:08 AM   #7
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
I started on LA Galaxy we ended up winning the cup. The goals can be crazy, but I ended up getting Nottingham Forest after I put them as a target team. I only missed out on one of the money objectives.
What do you mean by "setting them up as a target team"?
Old 01-09-2024, 10:22 AM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

They don't even have the MLS playoff format correct. There's just not enough for MLS to play a devoted career mode. Teams rarely transfer in/out so squads remain the same and only 1 cup alternative with only MLS teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »