Home

MLS vs International

This is a discussion on MLS vs International within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer in Manager Career Mode?
MLS 4 33.33%
Non-US Team 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2024, 03:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLS vs International

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
What do you mean by "setting them up as a target team"?
In FC24 player career you can chose a target team, and your agent gives you recommended teams. So I set a team I want to go to and then I had like 9 others from my agent. End of the season you just chose which one you want to go to, if you met the goals.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:46 AM   #10
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLS vs International

I made a new build and put him on CF Montreal and it has been pretty fun actually, after I spent some time tuning the sliders so that the larger range of player quality doesn’t end up with results that are too crazy. Having players in the low 80s OVR and low 60s OVR starting regularly in the same lineup is kind of a trip. I’m guessing Messi basically never playing is by design because just for kicks I played as him and it really took almost no time before I was able to score hat tricks regularly and add a couple more assists. But playing as Messi my agent also encouraged me to move to Birmingham City while almost no Prem team would even consider me as an option because the MLS is too low of a league for them. As hilarious as putting Messi on Bournemouth would be (they would actually consider signing me!) I went back to my custom build and ended up missing 3 months from an injury and barely able to sign for Valencia. I definitely have mixed feelings about the farcical part being what makes the game playable conceptually, but what’s the alternative?

Unfortunately getting totally screwed by some random injury and having the game not recognize it at all is basically an EA Sports feature across all their franchises now, exacerbated by the choice to not allow you to ask for a trade in any of their games this year. Getting out of a crappier league just got that much harder since injuries count against you and you come back as a benchwarmer every time it’s something serious enough. At least you know how long you’re out for in EAFC I guess. In the NHL series you literally advance day by day until you’re suddenly good to go, except missing half the season and having to find out on a day-by-day level is its own hell (although you don’t lose your spot so you don’t get booted down to the 4th line for an injury, for example, while EAFC managed to improve by not forcing you out of the team even though you might not make the sub’s bench upon return. Odd game design choices, I must say)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »