Home

Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

This is a discussion on Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #49
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

UGA has Jim Chaney calling the plays. He was with Arkansas when the game came out and that's probably your best bet. Definitely conservative.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #50
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
Usually give Michigan Stanford's playbook. Mix of power sets and spread stuff, including a little pistol. I think it captures how much Harbaugh mixes things up, including a lot of I-Form and some unbalanced lines.

For UCLA with Jedd Fisch as their new OC I went with Miami, but will reevaluate once the season starts. I expect them to run a little bit of everything, an NFL style passing game with a lot of West Coast elements.

Is Baylor still going to be running the spread this year or something closer to what Matt Rhule did at Temple?
I went with Wisconsin's playbook for UCLA, but I imagine Miami's would be okay. Baylor will be multiple, probably closer to what Rhule ran at Temple though.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 10-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #51
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

Any new updates for this season?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #52
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
So, as the game gets older and older, most teams default playbooks are not what they run now. This thread is meant to match each coach/team with the in-game playbook that most accurately reflects their current style. I've studied each of these teams playbooks to the best of my ability and I feel that these are the playbooks that reflect what they run on Saturdays. I'll update the list as I continue my research.

Template

Team (Offensive Coordinator/Head coach) - Playbook (Tempo)

SEC

Alabama (Brian Daboll) - Miami OH (Conservative)

LSU (Matt Canada) - Miami OH (Conservative)

Florida (Jim McElwain) - Colorado State (Conservative)

Arkansas (Bret Bielema) - Wisconsin (Conservative)

Mississippi State (Dan Mullen) - Mississippi State (Conservative)

ACC

Clemson (Dabo Swinney) - Ole Miss (Aggressive)

Florida State (Jimbo Fisher) - Western Kentucky (Conservative)

Virginia Tech (Justin Fuente) - Iowa State (Aggressive)

Boston College (Steve Adazio) - USF (Conservative)

Louisville (Bobby Petrino) - Louisville (Conservative)

BIG 10

Ohio State (Urban Meyer) - Ohio State (Aggressive)

Michigan (Jim Harbaugh) - Wisconsin (Conservative)

Penn State (Joe Morehead) - California (Aggressive)

Iowa (Kirk Ferentz) - Iowa (Conservative)

Michigan State (Mark Dantonio) - Rutgers (Conservative)

Wisconsin (Paul Chryst) - Wisconsin (Conservative)

Northwestern (Pat Fitzgerald) - Toledo (Aggressive)

PAC-12

Washington (Chris Petersen) - Miami OH (Conservative)

Stanford (David Shaw) - Stanford (Conservative)

Oregon (Willie Taggart) - Northern Illinois (Aggressive)

USC (Clay Helton) - UL Monroe (Conservative)

Utah (Kyle Whittingham) - Utah (Conservative)

BIG 12

Texas (Tom Herman) - Ohio State (Aggressive)

Oklahoma (Lincoln Riley) - UCLA (Aggressive)

West Virginia (Dana Holgerson) - West Virginia (Aggressive)

Oklahoma State (Mike Gundy) - Oklahoma State (Aggressive)

Kansas State (Bill Snyder) - Kansas State (Conservative)

MAC

Miami of Ohio (Chuck Martin) - Texas (Conservative)

Buffalo (Lance Leipold) - UNLV (Conservative)

Western Michigan (PJ Fleck) - Duke (Conservative)

American

Houston (Major Applewhite) - Ohio State (Aggressive)

SMU (Chad Morris) - Ole Miss (Aggressive)

UCF (Scott Frost) - Oregon (Aggressive)

Tulsa (Phillip Montgomery) - Duke (Normal)

Sun Belt

FAU (Kendall Briles) - Duke (Normal)
Very cool thread. My team is LSU, so I'm going to try playing them with the Miami, OH playbook. I do have a question though. I assume this is based on 2014, since that's the last release before they stopped making it. I'm currently playing 2013, so you may not know the answer, but - can you tell me what team or teams have the most offensive formations and the most plays?

I know a lot of teams run the same passing routes out of different formations, but I get bored running the same plays over and over, even if I use a different team's playbook. I'm sort of looking for the team that has a large playbook with the most formation and the most original plays from those formations. I will be getting 2014 soon, so if that's the only version you can assist with, that would be perfect.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #53
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappie
Very cool thread. My team is LSU, so I'm going to try playing them with the Miami, OH playbook. I do have a question though. I assume this is based on 2014, since that's the last release before they stopped making it. I'm currently playing 2013, so you may not know the answer, but - can you tell me what team or teams have the most offensive formations and the most plays?

I know a lot of teams run the same passing routes out of different formations, but I get bored running the same plays over and over, even if I use a different team's playbook. I'm sort of looking for the team that has a large playbook with the most formation and the most original plays from those formations. I will be getting 2014 soon, so if that's the only version you can assist with, that would be perfect.

Thank you in advance.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure which playbook has the most plays. However, another playbook to try if you're using LSU is Washington's playbook. It doesn't have any pistol which Canada has finally added to the package this year, but it includes more offset formations with a fullback so you can utilize the H-back a little more than you can in a singleback playbook.

Also, I've got updated playbooks for each power 5 conference team. I should have the original post updated in a few days.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 10-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #54
Just started!

Does anyone know of a shotgun formation where you can manually motion a player into the backfield?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:24 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
Well, I'm just posting in-game playbooks, so this won't be updated with custom playbooks unfortunately. Obviously none of these are identical to what these teams actually run, but I think they're pretty close as far as formations go.

As for Michigan State, their playbook has a little too much read option and speed option which they don't really run with regularity. They also have that Maryland-I formation that MSU hasn't run in a few years. I think Rutgers' playbook matches their formations better and takes out some of the read option that is in the default MSU playbook.

I was going to look at/possibly tweak the Miami Oh playbook in create playbook, to roll with The Tide as per your suggestion, only to discover Miami Oh has completely vanished from the list. I think it should be between Miami and Michigan, right? It wasn't there, nor was it anywhere else in the line of playbooks. Anyone else ever experience this, not just with Miami Oh but with any team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #56
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I was going to look at/possibly tweak the Miami Oh playbook in create playbook, to roll with The Tide as per your suggestion, only to discover Miami Oh has completely vanished from the list. I think it should be between Miami and Michigan, right? It wasn't there, nor was it anywhere else in the line of playbooks. Anyone else ever experience this, not just with Miami Oh but with any team?
If you're using a roster where they changed the name of the teams in the editor (they probably changed it from "Miami University" to "Miami OH"), then their playbook will be removed from the custom playbook screen. I always edit the team names back to their original form for this reason. (Notice, rosters that change "Army" to "Army West Point" will have the same issue.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »