Home

Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

This is a discussion on Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 AM   #41
Rookie

sphinxnole's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

Why would you say Western Ky. Conservative for Jimbo Fisher & My Noles..?
He's more along the lines of what his QB's can execute & this coming season we will definitely pass more.. Also it would seem Pro Style or Multiple would be more his Playbook.??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #42
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

I like Western Kentucky's playbook for Michigan. I've seen them run a few pistol sets and WKU's book has the fly sweep UM runs as well as the mostly pro-style with some spread elements.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #43
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
I like Western Kentucky's playbook for Michigan. I've seen them run a few pistol sets and WKU's book has the fly sweep UM runs as well as the mostly pro-style with some spread elements.
Interesting...never saw Michigan use the pistol which is why I set them up with Wisconsin's playbook, but WKU's is a really nice playbook for quite a few teams IMO. It's definitely pro style, but teams like FSU and apparently Michigan do utilize some pistol and spread looks.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 08-03-2017, 02:24 AM   #44
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Stupid question, but in the game how do you assign different playbooks to different teams, or different coaches after the dynasty has already started?
Old 08-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #45
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Stupid question, but in the game how do you assign different playbooks to different teams, or different coaches after the dynasty has already started?
Go into the Coach Info tab and select 'Edit Coach' and change their offensive or defensive playbooks. I change the playbook for the head coach and both coordinators, but I think you only have to do it for the head coach for the team to use the correct playbook.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #46
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

When doing custom play books, does it matter where the plays are placed as far as the AI running them? I know you can't assign plays like you can on Madden based on down and distance. Just wondering if there is a way to get them to run a variety.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #47
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
When doing custom play books, does it matter where the plays are placed as far as the AI running them? I know you can't assign plays like you can on Madden based on down and distance. Just wondering if there is a way to get them to run a variety.
I do not believe the placement matters in NCAA 14 to my knowledge. The best way to get them to run a variety, in my opinion, is to remove most of the screens, curls, four verts, and draws from the playbook.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Usually give Michigan Stanford's playbook. Mix of power sets and spread stuff, including a little pistol. I think it captures how much Harbaugh mixes things up, including a lot of I-Form and some unbalanced lines.

For UCLA with Jedd Fisch as their new OC I went with Miami, but will reevaluate once the season starts. I expect them to run a little bit of everything, an NFL style passing game with a lot of West Coast elements.

Is Baylor still going to be running the spread this year or something closer to what Matt Rhule did at Temple?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »