Home

PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

This is a discussion on PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2022, 09:51 PM   #865
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

And does anyone know where he got his helmets to start that he used. Idk if they were all made in his template, just trying to get bigger png versions of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2022, 06:00 AM   #866
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcivic
Has anyone had any luck trying these with revamped save files?

This was my question as well. Would love to use this again but always get an error. I’m going to assume it’s not going to be compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-19-2024, 06:19 AM   #867
Pro

OVR: 7

The link at the title page is bad. Not able to download newest version of the webpage maker. Have 3.06 but it's no longer supported apparently.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:08 PM   #868
Rookie

OVR: 0

when I run the end of season and signing day files, the "teamfrosh" and "tsch" (freshmen and schedule ) csv's are empty. They only contain the headings. The attendance csv was also empty. I can enter the data manually and that will take a long
time but it should work.

Update: I got the “teamfrosh” CSV to create data by running the end of season file and checking the boxes for Recruiting and Freshmen. I have a theory as to why the schedules won’t generate. I’m going to check my end of season files in the editor and see if there are any obvious errors such as missing scores, teams having more than one game in a given week, or anything like that.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2024-01-19.png (60.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: png 2024-01-19 (1).png (59.7 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by ugagsu; 02-09-2024 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 02-08-2024, 04:43 PM   #869
Rookie

I use Revamped on PS3 and it works fine for me.
Old 02-09-2024, 12:45 PM   #870
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
I've gotten this tool to work for the first three seasons of my dynasty, but now I've run in to a wall trying to get it to work after year 4.

When I click create season reports the first time, I get a message saying "NCAA 2014 DB ErrorAn item with the same key has already been added."

After closing out of that message I get the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." message.

Spoiler

Once I click continue and try to create the season reports again, I get a message saying "The given key was not present in the dictionary." I continue to get this same message with each successive attempt at creating the season reports.

Spoiler

I've tried to find a solution to this online, in this same thread even, but saw nothing conclusive.

I'm hoping somebody can help me pinpoint what exactly is causing this issue.

That one is hard to find and fix. You can , and probably will, have the same ID numbers In multiple categories (player, coach, recruit) , because they all start at the lowest number and go to the highest number. Where the problem comes is having more than one of the same ID number in the same category (player, coach, recruit are the most common where this happens) . There are multiple tabs for each category , and the ID numbers should be the same for all tabs. Example: If Nick Saban is ID#5, he should be ID#5 in all Coach tabs.if there is another coach with ID #5, you will probably get an error message. I don’t exactly know what causes this, but after each season when coaches change teams, players transfer, and new recruits, can sometimes create duplicate ID #.

You can try to export the tabs to Excel and search for the duplicate ID number. You will probably have to do every tab until you find the duplicate. There might be a search function or formula that could find duplicates quickly but I haven’t been able to get it to work. I tried COUNTIF but I can’t lock the cell column so it will go through the entire column and check every number for a duplicate. I tried using the cell reference by putting the dollar sign in front of the column number and it kept throwing an error message. The best way is to use the Filter function on the ID numbers and select a group of them at a time. Go through the whole list and if any turn up more than once , then there it is. Change it to a number that isn’t used and hopefully it will be fixed.

Last edited by ugagsu; 02-09-2024 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 02-09-2024, 10:44 PM   #871
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugagsu
That one is hard to find and fix. You can , and probably will, have the same ID numbers In multiple categories (player, coach, recruit) , because they all start at the lowest number and go to the highest number. Where the problem comes is having more than one of the same ID number in the same category (player, coach, recruit are the most common where this happens) . There are multiple tabs for each category , and the ID numbers should be the same for all tabs. Example: If Nick Saban is ID#5, he should be ID#5 in all Coach tabs.if there is another coach with ID #5, you will probably get an error message. I don’t exactly know what causes this, but after each season when coaches change teams, players transfer, and new recruits, can sometimes create duplicate ID #.

You can try to export the tabs to Excel and search for the duplicate ID number. You will probably have to do every tab until you find the duplicate. There might be a search function or formula that could find duplicates quickly but I haven’t been able to get it to work. I tried COUNTIF but I can’t lock the cell column so it will go through the entire column and check every number for a duplicate. I tried using the cell reference by putting the dollar sign in front of the column number and it kept throwing an error message. The best way is to use the Filter function on the ID numbers and select a group of them at a time. Go through the whole list and if any turn up more than once , then there it is. Change it to a number that isn’t used and hopefully it will be fixed.

If you're looking for duplicate numbers in Excel, I would always highlight a column and use Conditional Formatting to find duplicate values. It was much easier for me to quickly scroll down a column and find the cells that changed color (duplicate values) instead of using a filter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 07:12 PM   #872
Rookie

Yes that method works much better than filtering. Thank you. As for the other issue I had with getting the webpage creator to run all of the data at the end of the season, and fill out all of the spreadsheets, I got it to work. I think you have to play or sim all of the bowls and remain in Bowl Weeks. In other words, after the last bowl game has been completed, do NOT advance at all. Go to your tab where it shows what stage you are at and make sure that it says “Bowl Weeks (whatever year it is). Save there for your end of season file. Then the webpage creator should run everything.

One thing to be careful of, after you do the last remaining bowl game, it might try to advance automatically. I recommend saving before you do the last bowl game. (That should be the game that usually says “Advancing through Bowl season “ and makes the schedule go back to Week 1). If necessary, do not do this game at all if it causes you to advance too far. You can always come back and play it after you run your end of season reports.

Last edited by ugagsu; 04-02-2024 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added information

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »