Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #49
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRich217
Which flex playbook is everyone using?
Anyone tested the 2 new Pistol - Flexbone formations?
The two new pistol-bone formations are not bad at all. I'm an Army guy so I roll with the wingbone more than flexbone.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #50
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRich217
Which flex playbook is everyone using?
Anyone tested the 2 new Pistol - Flexbone formations?

***READ DON'T GUESS***
***3-3-5***
***You know I'm blitzing but you know from where!!***
I have been using GT's but Air Forces playbook is really nice as well. Since I use Flexbone normal 80% of the time it really doesn't matter I guess. I just assume GT's would have everything in it. I have tried the pistol-flex formations. They are pretty neat but not as fully fleshed out like I would want, but if you ever need to run basic read option then those formations will help you do that.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #51
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
The two new pistol-bone formations are not bad at all. I'm an Army guy so I roll with the wingbone more than flexbone.
I haven't tried the wingbone yet. is the triple pretty effective out of that? I don't know much about the wingbone but I assume playcalling would be no different from the flexbone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
I have been using GT's but Air Forces playbook is really nice as well. Since I use Flexbone normal 80% of the time it really doesn't matter I guess. I just assume GT's would have everything in it. I have tried the pistol-flex formations. They are pretty neat but not as fully fleshed out like I would want, but if you ever need to run basic read option then those formations will help you do that.
I have been in flex normal mostly as well and was trying to figure out why i would want to use flex-close. It just seems like i'm pulling in 1 more player closer who can come in and blow up the play. I get the advantage on some of the unbalanced formations but am not sure (at least in ncaa terms) of why flex-close is ever better than flex-normal.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

Last edited by Timeetyo; 07-11-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Oops replaced 'tight' with 'close'
Old 07-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0
In last years game, I used a "FlexWing" playbook that used the flexbone but also utilized the shotgun formations with a TE or a FB in a "single sniff" look (behind G or T.) I would use the no huddle to allow me to take advantage of a defense trying to out think itself. I also utilized the jet sweeps and WR motion options. Do any of the playbooks have any of these formations?

***READ DON'T GUESS***
***3-3-5***
***You know I'm blitzing but you know from where!!***
Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #54
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I have been in flex normal mostly as well and was trying to figure out why i would want to use flex-close. It just seems like i'm pulling in 1 more player closer who can come in and blow up the play. I get the advantage on some of the unbalanced formations but am not sure (at least in ncaa terms) of why flex-close is ever better than flex-normal.
I occasionally use tight and twins (or whatever it's called, two WR on same side) but still use the same 4 or 5 plays I would run out of normal, just to change things up a little.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #55
Rookie

Slackarelli's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Make a custom playbook using Tech's playbook. The flexbone normal Formation in ALL playbooks is missing a few plays that could be of use. You use flex close when a team comes out in a 52 defense and in some cases against a 34. It is more deadly if your opponent roles up corners and use them as force players ( that's because they don't have switch blocking in this one yet). It will allow the wr to get to the S and the A Back to reach the CB pretty easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #56
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Slakcarelli, what is your take on the b back situation in this game? Most people seem to not be getting enough carries with the b back like they are supposed to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »