Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2021, 01:15 PM   #369
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

I build a old school playbook with flex, wish, and wingbone. Sometimes I added linked shotgun option plays with motion. I have took power I out and back in a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #370
Rookie

Big fan of the playbook. Been using it for about 25 years now in my dynasty.

You don't need a particularly fast QB as too much speed destroys the flow of the play. A guy who is 4.5-4.6 should do just fine. Your HBs need agility and acceleration more so than speed. WRs need to be able to block. So many opportunities to bust a massive play only for the WR to not hold onto his block. FBs are impossible to recruit, just go after a TE each year and convert.

Hate how the defensive meta always becomes 3-4 with the CPU bringing the safety up to the line. That's a good Kryptonite defense as the two OLBs usually do a good job in contain. 4 down lineman with 2 deep safeties? You're going to have a field day.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:37 PM   #371
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Is anyone running this offense in Revamped? I left 14 for a couple of years, but returned when I downloaded Revamped v17. Either I’ve been gone too long to remember how to play, or the Flexbone/Wingbone triple option offense is more difficult now.

For reference, I play on default Heisman with Fatigue off, and no offensive coordinator Coaching Tree allotments. I’ve used these settings before, but it just feels a lot tougher to break through the line with the B-Back, and the outside options are locked up a lot of the time. Even using the tips posted in this thread, I’m not having success and I’m just wondering if anyone else has seen the same thing.

Another thing I’ll mention is that the Pistol Flexbone Normal and Close plays looked intriguing so I made a custom book. Then I found that some of those plays don’t seem to be coded right and give a broken flow like how that speed sweep does. Even some of the plays in the regular Flexbone formation have been revised, and some of them don’t play correctly. The new WB Power Toss looks like it would shred because it blocks like a Buck Sweep, but the WB often runs into the back side guard. There is a new FB Wedge play in one of the formations that also causes a missed handoff.

I’m just wondering if anyone else is seeing some crazy stuff now in this offense.

Last edited by OBinKC; 04-05-2022 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2022, 02:56 PM   #372
Just started!

Hey!!! Not sure if this thread is still active but I read all 47 pages of the flexbone post and I am intrigued. Does anyone have access to Slackarelli or his videos on YouTube?

I tried to PM him but for some reason it didn’t go through. Maybe he isn’t in the site anymore.
Old 12-14-2022, 03:37 PM   #373
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey637
Hey!!! Not sure if this thread is still active but I read all 47 pages of the flexbone post and I am intrigued. Does anyone have access to Slackarelli or his videos on YouTube?

I tried to PM him but for some reason it didn’t go through. Maybe he isn’t in the site anymore.
I think he took them down, because the links to the vids go to an unavailable page.

It’s too bad that there aren’t more Flexbone YouTube videos. I think nykia_31 is the only guy who has extensive Flexbone videos now.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:21 AM   #374
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Just read through the thread as I'm trying to brushing off my flexbone skills. I struggled I think mostly bc I was going up against a top team, a old game and using the PS4 controller.

Anyway, do we see the flexbone in the new game? Even though its barely used nowadays its a cool spot to be able to teach a whole new generation a offense they likely know nothing about.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:19 PM   #375
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Just read through the thread as I'm trying to brushing off my flexbone skills. I struggled I think mostly bc I was going up against a top team, a old game and using the PS4 controller.

Anyway, do we see the flexbone in the new game? Even though its barely used nowadays its a cool spot to be able to teach a whole new generation a offense they likely know nothing about.
As a contributor to this thread many year ago, I hope the flexbone/wishbone/all sorts of run option offenses are useable in this game. They are at the heart of many of today’s innovations and there will be at least several FBS teams that rely on them as the base of their offense.

There is nothing better than handing someone their *** when they think they know what is coming every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »