Home

#1 dissapointment in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on #1 dissapointment in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: #1 dissapointment in NCAA 13

Knowing EA's track record CC will go the same way team builder went; make it and dont touch it.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am not disappointed in the game yet, because I haven't played it. However, I have some concerns that may lead to disappointment:
  • Offensive/Defensive line interaction.
    The CC AI decision making.
    Recruiting - scouting seems really good, but I really hope we can scout future players as classes for me fill up quickly if I have no attrition and that would mean the current scouting time would become pointless.

I am a dynasty player through and through. I won't say though that Heisman mode will be pointless as I am sure there will be some people that play it (although I am so pissed you can put any player on any team). I just hope it doesn't go the route of RTG and Teambuilder in that it never reaches the potential of it.

Also am I the only one that thinks the in game studio updates seem off (like something wrong with Rece's voice or something, I can't put my finger on it). Hopefully that is just because the demo.

The way 2012 left me, I have not pre-ordered this game because I fear I will end up wasting money on it. Based on what I read the first couple weeks will determine if I made the right choice or not (and I will buy it if I was wrong and stuff is fixed). I pray EA proves me wrong as I used to LOVE the NCAA franchise (anyone else think the PS2 gameplay was way better?), but right now I feel that without true competition the franchise will just never be as good as it used to be.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to expand on my thoughts and hopes.

Edit:
Also 85 man rosters. It really makes things weird as I like to get really in deep in building my rosters and recruiting and only having 70 spots causes problems in creating depth and recruiting. If we can save the game to a harddrive, why can't we use a similar option to download and install the extra roster spots?

Last edited by freernnur5; 06-19-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #83
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Knowing EA's track record CC will go the same way team builder went; make it and dont touch it.
I pray you're wrong, but if not, it saves me 60 bucks a year.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 4

You can't import draft classes to Madden. Biggest deal breaker of all. I'll stick with 12
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #85
Rookie

bucsman80's Arena

OVR: 2

Where's the game day crew- Lee, Herb, and Desmond ? Would have been a nice addition to NCAA 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
[quote=billsmafia13;2043776516]Small thing but big to me - I'm disappointed that NCAA hasn't added new throwing animations.

It's distracting how horrible the qb throwing animations are. They always bring their leg around like it's major league baseball. Basically every replay looks stupid, and every pass looks stupid.

I have not sampled the demo yet, but I thought I read about changes to the passing game, this year.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 06-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #87
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

TeamBuilder

waste of a great concept.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP47299
As a Georgia Tech fan, this. SO MUCH THIS. I really hope the final product plays better than what we've seen thus far.
It would go a long way if they would simply make the WRs block the man in front of them instead of running 15, 20 yards down field - passing the CB, passing the LB, passing the Safety... Oh tackle for loss...

The option would benefit greatly if they changed that one thing. Then they could actually work on OL/DL interactions and overhaul the entire blocking system all around (which I really hope they are already working on for next year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »