Home

After reading my teams spring report, I can't get excited about this gen...

This is a discussion on After reading my teams spring report, I can't get excited about this gen... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: After reading my teams spring report, I can't get excited about this gen...

As a college football player and future coach, i've been begging for everything you said for years. The game would be amazing. Thing is, the average player probably has no clue what you're talking about. They wouldn't play a game where they had to be that in depth, esp in recruiting and personel management. They would stop buying in the franchise. EA wouldn't make as much money, and they aren't gonna lose money. Remember, we arent the avg players. We care enough about the game to research it and even sign up an post here. Millions do not.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 38

I fell like you need a job at EA working on NCAA franchise.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

"Your Jerry effing Maguire!!"

I like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

But, what about 8-year old, Timmy? He might not know what that stuff is and get frustrated. Better keep the game watered down and elementary just to be on the safe side.

This is why I wish there was more than one football game. I'd have no problem with EA making a pick-up-and-play, sim/arcade hybrid that appealed to more casual football fans and gamers, because then someone else could make a game aimed at the hardcore sim players. But this is what happens when you try to make a game that pleases every person imaginable. A lot of the fun, over-the-top aspects of arcade games get left out to keep the sim fans from flying off the rails, and a lot of the advanced aspects of the game (such as things the OP detailed) get removed to not overwhelm the casual players.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Great write up Dorian and I really hope someone at Tiburon embraces it.

That said, I wonder why so many people seemed convinced there will not be physics in NCAA and Madden 13. I think there is a chance there might be considering all the resources reported to be added and in full effect for EA football this year.EA's NBA Elite, NHL and FIFA all implemented some form of physics and it wouldn't be surprising for NCAA/Madden 13 to follow suit.

It's not like marketing can teaser physics without letting "the cat outta the bag".
Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
Rookie

baden's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
I fell like you need a job at EA working on NCAA franchise.
No doubt! A perfectly executed and well written resume to me.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #15
TWC
Rookie

TWC's Arena

OVR: 2

The least they could do would be to separate outside and inside receivers on the depth chart. It would be nice to sub in my second team offense and not still have starters on the field.

Changing player tendencies to best system fit would be a huge improvement in both gameplay and recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
But, what about 8-year old, Timmy? He might not know what that stuff is and get frustrated. Better keep the game watered down and elementary just to be on the safe side.

This is why I wish there was more than one football game. I'd have no problem with EA making a pick-up-and-play, sim/arcade hybrid that appealed to more casual football fans and gamers, because then someone else could make a game aimed at the hardcore sim players. But this is what happens when you try to make a game that pleases every person imaginable. A lot of the fun, over-the-top aspects of arcade games get left out to keep the sim fans from flying off the rails, and a lot of the advanced aspects of the game (such as things the OP detailed) get removed to not overwhelm the casual players.
There is no reason this game can't do both. There can be a pick-up style and a sim style in the same game. It's just settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »