Home

NCAA 2004: I know it's been said before...

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004: I know it's been said before... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
NCAA 2004: I know it's been said before...

but I really think this game was the best of the XBox/PS2 generation. I popped it in this afternoon because my 07 has been out on a loan and I just wanted to play some NCAA. After playing I think I'm going to start up another Dynasty with this game. It really plays good football. I chose to play a random ACC battle with Virginia (CPU) @ Georgia Tech (me). That year UVA is ranked #18 while GT isn't ranked at all. I ended up losing 16-6 (9 minute quarters) and was down 10-0 at the half.

The cool thing is the sliders actually worked in this game. With the sliders I am using, I missed my only FG attempt and the CPU was 3-4, hitting 3 chip shots and missing one wide right from 40+. It's amazing how even though the game is much simpler (no momentum, HFA, etc) it plays so well. And heck, it's even realistic as I had this freshman QB named Ball who threw 3 INT's and fumbled inside the 20..lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 2004: I know it's been said before...

I've been said this. '05 was EA's opportunity to improve on a near perfect game and instead they went left and the series has not gotten back to the "fun-ness" that it culminated in in 2004. Of course just wait, others will come in here and say the game was horrible.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Agreed x 10!

NCAA 04 will forever be my favorite form of video entertainment ever. My friends and I played hundreds of games from the time of release until '06 came out. I even keep my sliders and downloaded rosters on my memory card for those times when I revisit 04. I agree wholeheartedly with stonecold, '05 had some decent features like HFA and the camera shake (which I love). If they had tinkered a few things, updated the stadiums, progressive weather and time of day change, and touched up recruiting '05 would have continued the legacy.

Still though, great posts as I never get tired of talking about NCAA 04.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah, me and a buddy played through 6 seasons on that game. Wonderful. And then we created our own teams and played 4 or 5 seasons. Fantastic! Then we created more teams and used 2 at a time in a dynasty. Holy COW!!! 15 or more seasons we went through when games since then and previous 2 we'd be lucky if we made it through 2 or 3. Unbelievable.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:34 AM   #5
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

2004 is my favorite game ever, I couldn't count how many games I played of that between my dynasties and playing against my friends. We'd spend whole afternoons playing that game. Just the most fun NCAA ever made, 2005 was a huge step back in those terms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

I've said it before too. Best football game ever along w/ Tecmo Super Bowl. I played 04 from release to 05 release. Then went back to it after I realized how bad 05 was. 07 on PS2 was the closest they've come to 04.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
but I really think this game was the best of the XBox/PS2 generation. I popped it in this afternoon because my 07 has been out on a loan and I just wanted to play some NCAA. After playing I think I'm going to start up another Dynasty with this game. It really plays good football. I chose to play a random ACC battle with Virginia (CPU) @ Georgia Tech (me). That year UVA is ranked #18 while GT isn't ranked at all. I ended up losing 16-6 (9 minute quarters) and was down 10-0 at the half.

The cool thing is the sliders actually worked in this game. With the sliders I am using, I missed my only FG attempt and the CPU was 3-4, hitting 3 chip shots and missing one wide right from 40+. It's amazing how even though the game is much simpler (no momentum, HFA, etc) it plays so well. And heck, it's even realistic as I had this freshman QB named Ball who threw 3 INT's and fumbled inside the 20..lol.
I played NCAA 2007 and this SENIOR named BAll also threw 3 INTS! How ironic...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #8
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

This is the Best game Ever made in my opinion, Most fun I ever had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »