Home

July 19th?

This is a discussion on July 19th? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2024, 03:53 PM   #17
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: July 19th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
FWIW here is a clear pic of the UF one and it clearly shows Edge

https://twitter.com/CFBHome/status/1...212710/photo/1
If I see an EA poster with the STAR position beside a players name, I'm a hit the roof lol.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:44 PM   #18
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

The posters at colleges are popping up everywhere I’ve seen Ohio state and FSU the last few minutes. The bad news is they are getting stolen
Old 04-10-2024, 05:52 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The posters at colleges are popping up everywhere I’ve seen Ohio state and FSU the last few minutes. The bad news is they are getting stolen
I think the whole "Edge" hope was based on how the Schools listed their players on the rosters. OSU has Sawyer listed at DE. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see

Not surprising that they are being stolen

Old 04-10-2024, 10:07 PM   #20
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

So does anyone know how many Spring games are left? I know Arkansas' and South Carolina are on Saturday.

If its true that the full reveal will come May 16th or somewhere around that date then that means we are 37 days away, lets go fellas!!!

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 04-10-2024, 10:12 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think the whole "Edge" hope was based on how the Schools listed their players on the rosters. OSU has Sawyer listed at DE. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see

Not surprising that they are being stolen

Wouldn't be surprised if EA gave the schools a template to fill out and that is why some schools say Edge and others have DE. I hope the positions are finally changed but I don't exactly expect it and definitely do not think these posters are definitive proof the depth charts will be updated.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2024, 07:12 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Hogs
So does anyone know how many Spring games are left? I know Arkansas' and South Carolina are on Saturday.

If its true that the full reveal will come May 16th or somewhere around that date then that means we are 37 days away, lets go fellas!!!
I know a few schools have theirs in the next couple weeks. A lot of schools moved up their spring games this year because the Spring Portal window changed. Originally it was supposed to start May 1st. But, I didn't even realize until a month ago that it got moved to April 15-30. So, a lot of schools wanted to move up their spring games, so they could avoid players leaving before the game was played. I actually think that was why EA set a April 30th deadline to opt in. That's the last day of the Portal window, so by then the rosters should be essentially set. I saw that Matt Brown said that the game is almost done at this point. All that is left is polishing, players assets, and audio. By Mid-May, the game should be close to going Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Wouldn't be surprised if EA gave the schools a template to fill out and that is why some schools say Edge and others have DE. I hope the positions are finally changed but I don't exactly expect it and definitely do not think these posters are definitive proof the depth charts will be updated.
Yeah, that's what I expect as well. Ohio State doesn't have Edge as a position on their roster, but Michigan does. As you said, I believe EA gave the schools templates and they printed it out themselves. I'm starting to lean towards believing that EA won't update their position terminology. That would require a shift in approach. That shift would have to be reflected in Madden as well.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:17 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Hogs

Washington is the last FBS spring game on May 3. Below is a link to the Spring Game schedules and some TV listings.

https://fbschedules.com/spring-football-game-schedule/
Old 04-11-2024, 04:53 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Those Posters are getting swiped immediately lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »