Home

College Sports Are the Ultimate Sports Video Games

This is a discussion on College Sports Are the Ultimate Sports Video Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2024, 09:20 AM   #9
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: College Sports Are the Ultimate Sports Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I always dismissed the idea of college basketball games coming back. They didn't sell well on the past and it feels like most people don't tune in until March Madness. But, with howthe viewership numbers we're this tournament, the interest could be there to warrant a new game. It just depends on if 2k is willing to get back into the CBB market. I say just 2k, because they're the only AAA publisher equipped to take on the project. With cost of development and licensing costs, I don't see any other publisher jumping into CBB market, even EA. If NBA Live was still around, I could see EA jump into CBB. But, I don't see them investing the necessary costs for a game that might not sell well/bring in enough revenue. Even though most expect EA CFB 25 to do well, EA isn't dependent on EA CFB 25 to sell like a flagship title. If you're creating a current gen basketball engine from scratch, along with dev costs, you would want the game to sell well. At least with 2k, they have the engine in place. I just don't know if the interest is there. From 2k16-2k22, there was some type of college inclusion in MyCareer. The last couple years, I don't believe there was any. The positive j can say is that 2k Sports has started to expand its portfolio, so there's a chance
Honestly, I would be satisfied with a remaster of NCAA Basketball 10 or College Hoops 2K8 with updated jerseys and courts. I just want SOMETHING.
#WeAreND
Old 04-11-2024, 09:33 AM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with everything posted so far. I'd also add that college games tend to not focus on the current things. No matter how far into the future you sim, Madden commentary will still reference Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs being a dynasty. NBA 2K is the best in the business, but if I start a MyNBA with a totally fictional roster, the commentary will reference the current NBA players. It's like it's forever 2024.

I love how the Chris Fowler updates focus on catching the excitement of the game and that aspect; not more lines about Georgia being the new dynasty or Nick Sabans retirement. That stuff is cool year one, but by year 5 the entire landscape has changed and I'd rather hear nothing than dated lines.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2024, 10:14 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I agree with everything posted so far. I'd also add that college games tend to not focus on the current things. No matter how far into the future you sim, Madden commentary will still reference Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs being a dynasty. NBA 2K is the best in the business, but if I start a MyNBA with a totally fictional roster, the commentary will reference the current NBA players. It's like it's forever 2024.

I love how the Chris Fowler updates focus on catching the excitement of the game and that aspect; not more lines about Georgia being the new dynasty or Nick Sabans retirement. That stuff is cool year one, but by year 5 the entire landscape has changed and I'd rather hear nothing than dated lines.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I do wonder how it will be with them using real player names in commentary. Fowler said last week that the final session will be recording as many players names as possible in a couple weeks. So, I'd imagine his final recording session will be the week after the April 30th deadline. I don't think they'll go into as much detail with College Players as it would be with Pro players. Maybe the notable players will go more lines, but I think it'll mostly be them recording the player's names and EA stitching them to lines. I would be okay with that. I just hope that there are improvements to the audio engine with the game being current gen only. I wouldn't want to hear a robotic lines like "That was a great pass by...Quinn Ewers"

But, I do agree about preferring the commentary to stay on current. I'll be okay with hearing about Past success. But, I wouldn't want to hear about Georgia winning 2 in a row or Michigan winning a Championship "last year" when it's 3-5 years down the line. As long as they do a good job of tracking what's happening around the nation and the season, I'm happy. Even for a game like NBA 2k that does a good job of talking about what's happening in season, it's just stats and power rankings. Having Studio Updates again will be great. But, it'll be nice for sports games to track and talk about what's happening around the league, so rhat it feels like what's happening outside of your team actually matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 01:19 PM   #12
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

College football video game > Professional football video game.

College basketball video game versus NBA video game is a push.

But the best sports video game for my money is an MLB video game.
And nothing else is even close as far as I'm concerned. When Prince wrote Nothing Compares 2U, he could have been writing about MLB.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »