Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2024, 10:47 PM   #137
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

Anwar Richardson is by no means an insider and has been wrong about a decent amount of stuff in the past.

I'll wait until the school posts it or EA, since Arch is apparently too busy with football ...in March... to post anything.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:01 PM   #138
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Anwar Richardson is by no means an insider and has been wrong about a decent amount of stuff in the past.

I'll wait until the school posts it or EA, since Arch is apparently too busy with football ...in March... to post anything.

My thing is, how does opting in to appearing on a video game stop you from focusing on football...IF true??

ETA, wasnt it out out there that he didn't accept any NIL deals because he had not yet done anything on the field? Or am I making this up? That's the only way this makes sense...that he would stick to that.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 03-04-2024 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:02 PM   #139
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I think everyone here is overestimating the impact of this game. We’re all huge NCAA Football fans so it’s a big deal to us, but a majority of people that watch or pay attention to the actual games barely know anything at all about the video game. So it’s not going to be much of a distraction since it impacts less than 5% of the fans of the actual sport.
I think Manning is overestimating his relevancy to his impact. He bought into his own hype and now he can't sell it at his price. I'm super psyched about this game but 10,000 real players minimum in? I'm good right there. Don't need Arch, don't need a end of April deadline, let's do a end of March deadline, go with what we got, get this game released by early June instead of late July. Get on board the freight train or get the hell out of the way, Arch. Don't let the door hit you.
#44Syracuse
One is convicted, the other is a liar. Billy Martin could have been talking about Donald and Joe.
Vote: None of the Above
Old 03-05-2024, 01:05 AM   #140
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
He is trending on Twitter now and It will lead to questions from reporters. I’m also betting it’s a story on sports talk tomorrow as those places are desperate to fill air time this time of year. Because the reason he said ( per report) why is what’s getting everyone bc it’s simply not true.
His reason is BS but trending on Twitter isn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things. A small percentage of people who are interested in the game will make a big deal and respond about it, but otherwise it’s not going to come up much once the season starts. The game itself will be a minor detail to most people come August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I think Manning is overestimating his relevancy to his impact. He bought into his own hype and now he can't sell it at his price. I'm super psyched about this game but 10,000 real players minimum in? I'm good right there. Don't need Arch, don't need a end of April deadline, let's do a end of March deadline, go with what we got, get this game released by early June instead of late July. Get on board the freight train or get the hell out of the way, Arch. Don't let the door hit you.
He wants more money most likely. But at the end of the day, most people arent going to care or ask about this once the season starts. Just the small percentage of people that represent this forum.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:11 AM   #141
MVP

OVR: 2

how does being in a video game distract his focus on the field?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2024, 01:38 AM   #142
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I really doubt big name players are holding out, frankly. Those big name guys are already making tons in NIL deals and will be going to the NFL. It’s not like EA is gonna give them a million dollars. They might get a couple thousand more to promote the game, but EA has no incentive to set a precedent of paying big name players, and they’re already paying around $7 million if every player signed on. Plus, from what I can gather of player opinions and people like Matt Brown reporting on player opinions, a majority would have signed onto this even if they weren’t getting the $600 just to see themselves in the game. I think most of these holdouts are guys who haven’t checked their email yet, guys who are holding out cause walk ons aren’t included, the service academies for obvious reasons, etc. I don’t think any big name players will be missing come release day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
We got to respect their decisions. But, I agree that it feels like an attention grab. I would get it if it was the money or even if he had no interest in video games. But, "focus on playing football on the field" just comes off some type of way. They're asking to use your NIL, not demanding they you promote the game or devote time towards it. He's only getting on the field this year by injury or blowout. It just comes off as "look at me" vibes
The big names would be right to opt out unless they get a separate deal with EA that removes certain terms from the EA contract that was leaked. EA having the ability to use your name, phrases, and trademarks on marketing materials without you getting a thing is a problem. Do marketing materials also include merchandise? That's just too much to give up without getting royalties for usage and referral sales from ads.

For rookies or players not starting yet, it could help grow their exposure but then they are locked into EA using their brand for free.

Unless one of the top agents has the top 10% opt-out as a group, no player has enough sway to impact sales. There will be some top players opt-out but the game will be fine without them like it always has been.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2024, 02:30 AM   #143
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
The big names would be right to opt out unless they get a separate deal with EA that removes certain terms from the EA contract that was leaked. EA having the ability to use your name, phrases, and trademarks on marketing materials without you getting a thing is a problem. Do marketing materials also include merchandise? That's just too much to give up without getting royalties for usage and referral sales from ads.

For rookies or players not starting yet, it could help grow their exposure but then they are locked into EA using their brand for free.

Unless one of the top agents has the top 10% opt-out as a group, no player has enough sway to impact sales. There will be some top players opt-out but the game will be fine without them like it always has been.

Yeah EA is really big into merchandise. They’ll be slapping players faces on T Shirts and hats in no time. Oh wait, they’ve never done that. Sorry, I disagree completely. EA isn’t a clothing store. They’re paying players more who are actively promoting the game. I get that EA is the big bad to so many around here, but I just don’t think this tracks. They’re doing this to cover their butts and make a better game. They could have randomized every player and not shelled out a single dollar to players.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:37 AM   #144
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Yeah EA is really big into merchandise. They’ll be slapping players faces on T Shirts and hats in no time. Oh wait, they’ve never done that. Sorry, I disagree completely.
They certainly did with the people they paid, i.e. not college players. You talk like they had the option before. They couldn't put players on merchandise before now. It's in the contract, they will definitely be using them in ads and commercials. Merchandise sales is smaller for games but they could start using players names, numbers, or logos that they already bought for $600. Merchandise is also incredibly easy now and takes no time to setup.

It all depends on if the contract treats that as marketing or not.

I don't expect a lot of people to buy it but offering it online is cheap and easy. There are plenty of Xbox, individual games, etc that you can go buy clothing for and some company will quickly transfer it to the material.

*As for faces, I doubt that is used anywhere other than the game. Those are being provided by the schools only.

Last edited by p_rushing; 03-05-2024 at 02:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »