Home

Teams you are looking forward to play as?

This is a discussion on Teams you are looking forward to play as? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2024, 07:42 PM   #41
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Teams you are looking forward to play as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I'm so hyped right now
I'm watching tube highlights of college heroes I grew up watching

Charlie Ward
Michael Vick
Peyton Manning
Peter warrick
Andre Johnson
Rocket Ismail
Reggie Bush
Joe Montana
Wow them Florida boys(Miami,FSU, Gators)
Were something else from the Early 90&2000🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
I'm hyped also. Since I have YouTube TV, I've been catching up on the 2023 season...especially the bowl games. Alot of teams were playing guys who will be prominent in 2024.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2024, 08:01 PM   #42
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsdude
Pretty sure Bama let Miami know where they stand in the cfb landscape in 92, no matter how much swagger they thought they had. That gap has only widened by the largest of margins since then.
It only began to widen 15 years after '92 in Bama's favor. In that next 10 years Miami won another Natty and played for another. Meanwhile Bama was in a down cycle, lost in the wilderness. But the potential of what can be built in a big city like Miami is easier to recruit players to come play in is easier than to recruit players to come to a little town like Tuscaloosa. Now one thing Tuscaloosa does have in it's favor is it has less distractions than a Miami once players show up. But oh boy, this talk has me hoping we have classic teams again, play '89 Miami vs 2009 Bama, 2014 Ohio State versus 2023 Michigan and the like.
#44Syracuse

Last edited by Ghost Of The Year; 02-25-2024 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:15 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
It only began to widen 15 years after '92 in Bama's favor. In that next 10 years Miami won another Natty and played for another. Meanwhile Bama was in a down cycle, lost in the wilderness. But the potential of what can be built in a big city like Miami is easier to recruit players to come play in is easier than to recruit players to come to a little town like Tuscaloosa. Now one thing Tuscaloosa does have in it's favor is it has less distractions than a Miami once players show up. But oh boy, this talk has me hoping we have classic teams again, play '89 Miami vs 2009 Bama, 2014 Ohio State versus 2023 Michigan and the like.
I know what you are saying and I mostly agree. But Alabama is a different animal than any other program. No matter what you think of Tuscaloosa it’s undeniable that we have had the two greatest coaches and runs of all time. Miami won one title in that 15 year gap, Bama then won 6 the next 15.

But to your point, yes, Miami has the potential to blow up quick
Old 02-26-2024, 02:48 AM   #44
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsdude
I know what you are saying and I mostly agree. But Alabama is a different animal than any other program. No matter what you think of Tuscaloosa it’s undeniable that we have had the two greatest coaches and runs of all time. Miami won one title in that 15 year gap, Bama then won 6 the next 15.

But to your point, yes, Miami has the potential to blow up quick
Oh no doubt, Tuscaloosa is great once players get there and know what it is. And its also conducive for championship runs because its still big enough to have plenty to do, without having too many outside distractions during the season like a Miami or Los Angelas has. And it has the advantage of selling warm weather over similar size college towns in the north, midwest and northwest that get much colder weather. I don't want Miami to wake from its slumber but it does occur to me the NIL is exactly the kind of thing it needs to rekindle their mojo. Man, it is going to be great when the CFB game gets back to rock-and-rolling. The NFL and Madden is great and all, but for my money, 134 unique schools the NCAA has to offer is far better than the piddling 32 the pro game has. So much history at these schools, even the ones that haven't won any championships in awhile, or ever. The NFL can only wish it had the colorful history the college game enjoys.
#44Syracuse

Last edited by Ghost Of The Year; 02-26-2024 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-26-2024, 11:30 AM   #45
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

I'm sure i'll have numerous Dynasties started with wide range of schools. I enjoy bouncing around with different schools because of uniforms/opponents and conferences. I'm sure by time this game is out for a week, i'll have 10+ dynasties started just because I'm terrible at having self control and staying with one dynasty. And its like this in every sports game I play lol

I wish I had more control and be able to play one long, constant dynasty but once I get going, I get different ideas for different teams, start a new dynasty and forget about what I have going on with the original one and end up deleting it.

However, my first order of business will be starting one with Wisconsin. Try to get the Fickell era on its feet and in the playoffs for the first time.

And I can't wait to see the gameplay and physics when it comes to the run game - i'll likely take a middle of the pack team from a small conference (like the MAC) and implement a Run Heavy offense, with a couple of BIG bruiser runningbacks and see if we can just punish defenses with them. And by doing this, yes, cheese the ratings of these runningbacks just to make it enjoyable as a user lol max speed of 80-85 but absolute brutes, with high break tackle, trucking and strength.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2024, 12:18 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBallNation
I'm sure i'll have numerous Dynasties started with wide range of schools. I enjoy bouncing around with different schools because of uniforms/opponents and conferences. I'm sure by time this game is out for a week, i'll have 10+ dynasties started just because I'm terrible at having self control and staying with one dynasty. And its like this in every sports game I play lol

I wish I had more control and be able to play one long, constant dynasty but once I get going, I get different ideas for different teams, start a new dynasty and forget about what I have going on with the original one and end up deleting it.

However, my first order of business will be starting one with Wisconsin. Try to get the Fickell era on its feet and in the playoffs for the first time.

And I can't wait to see the gameplay and physics when it comes to the run game - i'll likely take a middle of the pack team from a small conference (like the MAC) and implement a Run Heavy offense, with a couple of BIG bruiser runningbacks and see if we can just punish defenses with them. And by doing this, yes, cheese the ratings of these runningbacks just to make it enjoyable as a user lol max speed of 80-85 but absolute brutes, with high break tackle, trucking and strength.
Speaking on multiple dynasties, it would be nice if there was an ability to play any game on the schedule and/or have the ability to watch CPU v CPU on broadcast view. It would be nice have that ability to either be able to gameplan against a team, or test a scheme or archetype of a player, or just be able to watch the game

I do think the improvements to open field blocking in Madden should benefit the run game in CFB. I just hope they continue to improve the Line Play and Ball Carrier AI. I do want to see the Quality of Line truly make a difference. I don't just want it to feel like a dice roll like it has been in the past. Plus, it would be nice to see more dynamic ball carriers. It's most felt like AI ball carriers are mainly just quick and elusive or break tackles. It'll be nice to see AI be more dynamic and know how to read blocks
Old 02-26-2024, 12:46 PM   #47
Rookie

bengalboy1991's Arena

OVR: 4

Gotta play with my boys, MTSU Blue Raiders.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:06 PM   #48
Rookie

MrMayface's Arena

OVR: 4

If Grambling is in the game, I'll be starting with them. If not, I'll probably start with Wake Forest or University of Houston.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »