Home

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Dynasty Reporting

This is a discussion on The Hitchhiker's Guide to Dynasty Reporting within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 05:34 AM   #25
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Dynasty Reporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGamer75
Very informative thread, with valuable insight from of the top dynasty bloggers on OS. I may only have a few posts, but I've been lurking for a few years now.

This thread will be a great help as I will be trying to run my very own dynasty. Speaking of which, I don't have authorization to post in the dynasty thread. Is there some prerequisite requirement that I'm missing or something?
Just keep posting. There's an undisclosed number of posts you need before starting a thread (not too many).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2020, 10:49 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is there a way to sticky this or something? As a new poster, I have tried starting a couple franchises on here but kept learning to do something new etc. This has been a great resource for me and I feel like it could be for everyone else just getting into this. Great post!
Old 05-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #27
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Bumping this, as it's a wonderful thread.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:45 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I've been posting updates in the dynasty thread in the NCAA forums. I want to start reporting but I fear that as soon as I start a thread, it'll begin to feel more like a chore and I'll fall off quickly. How do you avoid that?

Also, I play sim only so a lot of the things that you could use a fodder for your updates by being in the game, I don't have. What's a good way to make a sim-only dynasty engaging. At the end of the day, if there's no engagement then what's the point of maintaining a report...

Last edited by NoleFan; 05-09-2023 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2023, 08:25 AM   #29
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I've been posting updates in the dynasty thread in the NCAA forums. I want to start reporting but I fear that as soon as I start a thread, it'll begin to feel more like a chore and I'll fall off quickly. How do you avoid that?

Also, I play sim only so a lot of the things that you could use a fodder for your updates by being in the game, I don't have. What's a good way to make a sim-only dynasty engaging. At the end of the day, if there's no engagement then what's the point of maintaining a report...

Figuring out a cadence that works for you is important. Is it once a week, every other week, once a month? Whatever you feel is the right amount of updates is going to be what keeps you interested.

Playing sim doesn’t mean things don’t happen. Be creative, make up events that happened within the game. Someone left with a knee injury and came back in the fourth to win the game. So what if it didn’t happen, we don’t know any better. You get to make the content in a sim environment, which can be a lot of fun because it’s a completely blank canvas. Playing every now and again is great, but if you don’t just be creative with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »