Home

Old 11-17-2023, 07:39 AM   #2017
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: PlayStation 5

There's 20%, 25%, 30% discounts for the PS subscriptions. Since my Extra tier sub expires after today, I could be able to receive the 25% discount and drop it to $101 today if I extend it. So, I'm hoping that if I let it expire, that I could receive the 20% discount for Essential tomorrow. I have $120 in PlayStation Gift cards for free. It would be cool if I could get that discount because I have it all mapped out. That way, I would be able to buy my sub for the year, get a discounted game I want, and have $20 left over.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:56 AM   #2018
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I was able to the 20% discount on the Essential tier. It was weird initially because the PS app on the phone was only allowing me to do a 1 month sub, I had to go on my console to get the 12 month sub. I'm hoping for a couple lousy Game Catalog months so I don't have to rush to upgrade to Extra. Only downside to downgrading to Essential is that I don't have access to the Game Catalog games I saved to my library. But, I have enough games to keep my occupied for a few months. I was able to use the gift cards I got to pay for the sub for the year and a discounted game, and will still have close to $15 left in gift card amount without having to spend my own money.

One question I have about my PS5 is sometimes when I turn on my console via controller, sometimes It turns on and screen pops up saying that it's putting my PS5 into Rest mode, like it was on the whole time and it wasn't. No issues so far, but I have to wait until it goes into Rest mode, then I can turn it on
Old 11-19-2023, 09:50 PM   #2019
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Silly question, but are we able to pay for the PSN plus subscription with money in our wallet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2023, 10:05 PM   #2020
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Silly question, but are we able to pay for the PSN plus subscription with money in our wallet?

Yes. That's what I just did yesterday. I added money from a gift card to my wallet and it automatically took the money from my wallet to pay for my PS Plus Subscription
Old 11-20-2023, 08:53 AM   #2021
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Most of the PSN Gift Card or PS Plus card discounts have been lackluster. The best I've seen so far is Dollar General is doing a 20% off multi-pack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2023, 09:03 AM   #2022
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Any of you guys using your PS5 with a mesh WiFi system?

I got my oldest kid a Portal for Christmas, but I’m worried my older WiFi router isn’t going to quite cut it. I don’t need it to be perfect or lowest latency possible, he’s only 6, but I want it to work smoothly enough that he won’t think about it.

I’ve dabbled with remote play on an iPad and my PC, and it was a little hit or miss. The PS5 is on WiFi, and I know running a wire would probably help greatly, but I really don’t wanna spend hours in my attic and cutting new outlets into my walls.

I was thinking of trying out a mesh system as an alternative solution. My only cable connection is in the master bedroom, so the main unit would be in there, and then I’d put the other node next to the ps5 and have it hardwired in to that.

Does anyone here have a similar setup? I’m curious if it’s really much of an upgrade over just the single WiFi connection I’m working with now.

Old 11-29-2023, 03:03 AM   #2023
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

If I have Spider-Man 2 physical copy and I pay the $10 for the digital deluxe upgrade do I still need the disc to play the game?

Old 11-29-2023, 11:49 AM   #2024
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/11...mulator-sable/

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »