Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2020, 11:22 AM   #81
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: PlayStation 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I had been doing pretty good with my PS5 until yesterday. The system crashed on me 3 times. The first was when I turned on the second controller and signed into my sons Playstation account so that we could play COD Cold War Zombies. The system just hung and neither controller would respond. I had to unplug the power and rebuild the database. Afterwards it send a crash report to Sony.

A few minutes after that while trying to connect to the Activision online or whatever it is for COD, the system froze again. After a few minutes I had to pull the power again. It sent another report. FYI; theres an issue with local coop zombies for COD, apparently Activision is working on it.

Lastly, while playing Spiderman last night, I was walking to FEAST with Miles Morales and the game kept glitching under the basketball court. It never froze up, but it kept glitching. I'd restart from the checkpoint and it would still glitch. I went into NBA 2K21 and came back to Spiderman and everything was fine.

I know launches are notoriously faulty but I hope Sony gets it together soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Yea my console froze again this morning. Sad to say but the problems have been more widespread for the ps5. Have you guy noticed the Sony imprint is off angled as well on the controller? All over Twitter there’s people complaining about crashes and bricking. Even Kotaku has an article about all the issues. I didn’t want to believe it at first but I feel Sony definitely rushed this console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2020, 11:34 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Someone in another sub-forum alerted me to the ability to see your total play time for each game from the start of the PS4 generation, which I think is pretty awesome. From the PS5 home screen you can go up to your profile avatar and hit X, then select Profile. Scroll over 1 spot to games and you'll see the list. As far as I know there's no way to sort them by longest, only most recently played, but you can still see the number.

It's no surprise that sports games absolutely dominate my list especially the MLB The Show series which has over twice as much playtime as Madden and NHL for every annual release. But there's some other notables. I'll spoiler tag because many of them are RPG's and I know some people don't want to know game lengths, although I'd say a lot of mine tend to be on the longer side because I do a lot of exploring and such.

Spoiler

You have a lot of free time on your hands...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #83
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I was thinking about trying to find a PS5 because my daughter really wants one and thought about it as a christmas gift. I mean she's 22, but really into gaming, and all her friends are on PS. She want's to play Demon's Souls. It's one of her favorite games ever. But I think I'm gonna hold off for a while with all these reported issues. Probably just gonna wait till they are readily available.

I'm sorry to all the guys who are having trouble with the system.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #84
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Im sorry as well since I haven't had a single issue yet, I thought it was just very random but seems like a lot of people have had problems!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2020, 08:47 PM   #85
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

PlayStation 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsump112
I’ve been upgraded to level 2 tech support at this point. Can’t play COD, NBA2K21 or Fidelity Mode on Spider Man Remastered.

Didn’t have any issues with Astros playroom and AC Valhalla with a quick try to see.

Any PS4 games I have played seem to work fine also. I’m supposed to receive a callback Monday or Tuesday.

I have rebuilt the database multiple times and had hard crashes where the PS5 initiated a repair console storage status.

Kind of pissed, but understand being an early adopter comes with some kinks.

This is exactly how it started for me. Last night my system started artifacting, which indicates a GPU problem. I’m talking with support now.

NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #86
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I was thinking about trying to find a PS5 because my daughter really wants one and thought about it as a christmas gift. I mean she's 22, but really into gaming, and all her friends are on PS. She want's to play Demon's Souls. It's one of her favorite games ever. But I think I'm gonna hold off for a while with all these reported issues. Probably just gonna wait till they are readily available.

I'm sorry to all the guys who are having trouble with the system.
I’m not saying there isn’t issues, but I wouldn’t hold off if you find one and are wanting one (of course if money isn’t an issue either).

Despite the issues, plenty of consoles working just fine, you just obviously will never read or hear about them. You always just see news on the issues.

Even with issues, there’s warranty that covers anything so nothing really to lose IMO. But as I’ve said, if you’re from the PC side, you’re used to these sorts of issues. It happens. It’ll get worked out.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:34 PM   #87
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

After talking with support they want me to reinstall the system software. At the same time, I also learned that there is no way to back up my sons games with a USB drive. Basically have to buy PS Plus for a month to back up their stuff or lose it. What a joke.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Old 11-21-2020, 11:24 PM   #88
All Star

OVR: 0

Having some major issues with my system right now hopefully I can get things to work. Just turned on the system was about to watch Netflix and the system turned its self of. Then I tried to turn it on and it said something about my external hard drive and that my usb need to fix its self. It went threw that and nothing. I then unplugged the system and went threw that again and still nothing. Great system may be busted already. I really dont want to have to send my system in to get fixed/replaced so soon. Ok system I got to work again after holding the power button on the front. I have had more problems with this system early than I had with like ps4, Wii U, switch, gamecube other system I had on day 1.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 11-21-2020 at 11:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »