Home

Nintendo Switch Discussion

This is a discussion on Nintendo Switch Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2016, 02:24 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
I said last Gen meaning wii u. Not the wii. And people get tired of the same franchises over and over. Like I said Zelda looks good to me. All the others I'm over tho. Never was a fan of metroid and that's a 3rd of there attraction. And I'm not saying them few games arent high quality. I'm saying that's 4 franchises that usually see 2 games a piece on a console. That's 8 games for a while Gen and less when you don't like some of them, like me with metroid or smash bros. And I wasn't including Uncharted bc it's a sequel. There's innovative games coming soon that aren't sequels like The Last guardian, Horizon zero dawn. And there's some that already came out like Until Dawn, Bloodborne, The Order (which I enjoyed). None of which are sequels and tried new things. Sometimes playing it safe does nothing but put your console in last place which is the why the wii u was an absolute bust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 02:50 AM   #66
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Nintendo Switch Announced, Scheduled to Release March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
I said last Gen meaning wii u. Not the wii. And people get tired of the same franchises over and over. Like I said Zelda looks good to me. All the others I'm over tho. Never was a fan of metroid and that's a 3rd of there attraction. And I'm not saying them few games arent high quality. I'm saying that's 4 franchises that usually see 2 games a piece on a console. That's 8 games for a while Gen and less when you don't like some of them, like me with metroid or smash bros. And I wasn't including Uncharted bc it's a sequel. There's innovative games coming soon that aren't sequels like The Last guardian, Horizon zero dawn. And there's some that already came out like Until Dawn, Bloodborne, The Order (which I enjoyed). None of which are sequels and tried new things. Sometimes playing it safe does nothing but put your console in last place which is the why the wii u was an absolute bust.

I just listed some games for Wii U that aren't just Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Mario Kart. Would you like me to list some even more obscure stuff? Judging by your comments those won't count though, "because I don't like them".

Metroid being a "3rd" of Nintendo's first party attraction is laughable considering we haven't seen a proper Metroid in 7 years.

You like Sony's portfolio more and that's fine, and you should just leave it at that. I like a lot of Sony's games too, but you would have a hard time convincing me what is so "innovative" about the games you listed.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:53 AM   #67
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't see people tired of Halo or Gears or The Show or Uncharted etc...

Nintendo didn't play it safe and in fact went away from safe with the touch pad.
It was simply a lack of a true marketing campaign along with no solid 3rd party support that hurt the WiiU. (Plus the system being underpowered which help kill 3rd party support)
When it first came out in stores pretty much nobody knew about it and when they did they thought it was an add on to the Wii.

If I had to choose 1 system 1st party games it would be Nintendo's and not even close. Their games are almost always polished and doesn't wreak of no QA department. They are also some of the best stress free fun times I have when gaming.
Yeah they are slow coming out but I usually don't have a 6gb patch on release day when they do come out.

Everyone likes different things so it's great we have choices.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 10-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #68

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathejoker
I said last Gen meaning wii u. Not the wii. And people get tired of the same franchises over and over.
As proven by Gears of War, Mass Effect, Madden/NBA/FIFA, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead, Final Fantasy, Uncharted and the countless remasters we get.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:17 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I don't see people tired of Halo or Gears or The Show or Uncharted etc...
They would be if those were the only 3 games that were available.

For people that can afford to buy a console for 4 games, I can understand the excitement.
I just can't justify spending $300-$400 for 4 or 5 games that come out 6-months apart.
Heck, Zelda didn't even come out for the Wii U yet and that system is nearly 4 years old now.

I'm genuinely intrigued by The Switch, but I want to be assured the library will be extensive and move beyond the same 4 or 5 IP's that Nintendo has been leaning on over the past 3 decades.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
299 and it will be more than fine.

Nope because then it's in ps4/xbox one zone and it doesn't compare favorably to those in perceived consumer value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #71
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I didn't notice any touchscreen actions in the vid. Wonder if that is part of the gamepad? Maybe not since it is docked at home now....

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #72
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Nope because then it's in ps4/xbox one zone and it doesn't compare favorably to those in perceived consumer value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know - $300 for a truly portable home console? Seems good to me. Obviously I'd like to see a lower price, but $300 or less I'm definitely there for Day One.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »