Home

[b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b]

This is a discussion on [b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b] within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-12-2003, 03:06 PM   #1
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
[b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b]

I just got the latest issue of XBOX Nation Magazine in the mail (I'm a subscriber) and low and behold they have the March Madness 2004 and ESPN NCAA 2004 rated, MM 04 received an (8) and NCAA 04 received a (6) out of 10.

Key points:
MM 04--
- Does not support name recognition it says they only go by the #3/PG #25/SF etc.. Man that dissapoints me, this could have easily been implemented since NCAA 2004 Football supports this feature. The review states the game looks much better and has a better collegiate feel to it than last year's version. Slams Dick Vitale for being too talkative about meaningless things ala he's a PTPer Baby! Talks highly of the 10m man mocap.

ESPN NCAA 04--
- Says it offers nothing beyond so so goods, calls the campus store "idiotic" playfully says you can get an air hockey table within the store and this represents the best thing about the game.
- Complains about long passes are to easy to complete "fast break city" and the fans are not in sync with the game meaning the timing is off.
- It actually says this game would be great to learn the names of obscure schools!
- The review REALLY slams this game in a very hard way, not a positive review at all, I'm surprised by the write up it actually got a (6) and not something lower.

BTW, watch Kentucky drop a 100 on the EA Sports All Stars tonight in the Cats Scrimmage!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: [b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b]

Wow. 6/10.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

They also rated Live higher than ESPN 2k4, so I think they just like the EA games better. None of the NCAA games have names in them initially so they really shouldn't fault them for that.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:36 PM   #4
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Why was ESPN bashed to that extent? That seems strange. Did the review comment on last year's problems and how they were fixed? I find it really odd that someone gave it a 6/10 score?

PS Thanks for posting the info!
Old 11-12-2003, 03:39 PM   #5
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

"ESPN NCAA 04--
- Says it offers nothing beyond so so goods, calls the campus store "idiotic" playfully says you can get an air hockey table within the store and this represents the best thing about the game.
- Complains about long passes are to easy to complete "fast break city" and the fans are not in sync with the game meaning the timing is off.
- It actually says this game would be great to learn the names of obscure schools!
- The review REALLY slams this game in a very hard way, not a positive review at all, I'm surprised by the write up it actually got a (6) and not something lower."

This review hardly talks about the gameplay whatsoever. The only thing touched upon was the long passes being too easy to complete. C'mon. There's gotta be more information than that. I could care less about the air hockey or the "store". That's not going to make or break a game for me. What does the reviewer say about the gameplay?....the meat and potatoes??????? That's all most of us care about!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2003, 03:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

<< still gettin ESPN CBB 2k4
Old 11-12-2003, 03:54 PM   #7
Pro

GoldSox's Arena

OVR: 6
Doesn\'t make sense...

MM is always such CRAPOLA...
I have seen the videos and shots of the extras for BOTH games, and I see ESPN looking better. BTW, the game has not been released even by SEGA yet...how would XBN have a polished copy already...
Old 11-12-2003, 03:57 PM   #8
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Doesn\'t make sense...

All review mags get review copies. These are copies that are considered near final.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »