Home

[b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b]

This is a discussion on [b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b] within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2003, 03:51 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: [b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b

Quote:

margan said:
They also rated Live higher than ESPN 2k4, so I think they just like the EA games better. None of the NCAA games have names in them initially so they really shouldn't fault them for that.

Please stop with the spinning, dude. I'm a fan of ANY game that is fun to play and has some realism, but I gotta say that Sega dropped the ball this year big time, on everyone of their games except the NFL one. I'm not even sure about THAT game. Let's hope Sega learns from this, because they will no doubt be hurting next year in sales for their neglience this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2003, 03:54 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:

ehh said:
The long passes don't really concern me, cause something like that you can chose not to exploit. I'm not gonna be a bytch and just throw those passes all day anyway. And I'd rather have it that way then when you got 25-30 steals a game like in last year's version. Hopefully you'll be able to fix that issue with the sliders, adjust CPU defense or steals or whatever. Plus it doesn't sound like the reviewer spent a ton of time playing the game anyway, and was more concerned with the extras than the actual game. Absolutely no comments about dynasty mode or recruiting or anything. I'm going to pretty much ignore that review. All I'm hoping for is that the sliders will be good and that the game will actually be a challenge this year so you won't be able to be Duke on the hardest level with Southwest Nowhere State.

I totally respect your decision to play honestly, but I feel sorry for you. Your hiding a game's flaws won't make the game any better, and accepting those flaws only helps to allow the developers to gloss over such issues. I see no other surefire way to help the developer make a better game, other than being open about things that need to be worked on.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:55 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:

ehh said:
Didn't last year's game get a 8.2 or something like that from most sites? I highly doubt the game got WORSE. That review is ********.

Let's put it this way: NBA 2K4 IS worse than 2K3, though I wouldn't call the game all that bad.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:51 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: [b]XBN Magazine Rates MM2004 8 of 10 and ESPN NCAA 04 6 of 10 [/b]

All I can tell you guys (don't ask how I know, my lips are sealed) , is to ignore what that magazine says. The game is better than last years.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:44 AM   #29
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

mustardman said:
Quote:

ehh said:
Didn't last year's game get a 8.2 or something like that from most sites? I highly doubt the game got WORSE. That review is ********.

Let's put it this way: NBA 2K4 IS worse than 2K3, though I wouldn't call the game all that bad.

NBA 2k4 is way better than 2k3. It's no contest.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:44 AM   #30
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

mustardman said:
Quote:

margan said:
They also rated Live higher than ESPN 2k4, so I think they just like the EA games better. None of the NCAA games have names in them initially so they really shouldn't fault them for that.

Please stop with the spinning, dude. I'm a fan of ANY game that is fun to play and has some realism, but I gotta say that Sega dropped the ball this year big time, on everyone of their games except the NFL one. I'm not even sure about THAT game. Let's hope Sega learns from this, because they will no doubt be hurting next year in sales for their neglience this year.

What are you talking about?
Old 11-13-2003, 06:49 AM   #31
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Why don't you all just wait until the game comes out and then make your own decisions. I can't stand the "review Lemmings" people. Just because a review says something, doesn't mean it's gospel.
If I didn't play certain games because of reading bad reviews of them , I would have missed some pretty good gaming. There are some good reviews, bad reviews and plain outright biased (lying) reviews due to agendas. Play the game and go by what YOU think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2003, 07:03 AM   #32
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

A review is just a review. Nothing to get so excited about. XBN's sports game reviews are universally strange (remember the baseball review that focused on ballparks and birds ... exclusively?).

Basically, the headline here is that someone likes MM better than ESPN. Whoopie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »