Home

Conference Championship Discussion

This is a discussion on Conference Championship Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM   #41
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Conference Championship Discussion

Darren Sprolles Jr should be nice and go pick the saftey's shoes up and hand them back to him after that move.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2022, 03:04 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
I don't think so? I think by the letter of the rule, as soon as your arm starts moving forward it's considered a forward pass? I'm not sure how CFB's "tuck rule" reads, but that's my understanding of it.
I don't know how the rules are phrased exactly I guess. But if the rules call that a pass, I think the rule needs to be changed. I don't see where he threw anything. The defender's hand knocked it out of his hand before he was able to make a throw.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:07 PM   #43
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I don't know how the rules are phrased exactly I guess. But if the rules call that a pass, I think the rule needs to be changed. I don't see where he threw anything. The defender's hand knocked it out of his hand before he was able to make a throw.
I believe it's the same as when you have a D-end coming around the corner and the Qb is in his wind up, the replay comes down to if he started forward or not.

I get what you're saying on that play, but I would disagree with the above being a fumble.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #44
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Another big TCU drop.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:19 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't quite compare those two. If I am trying to throw a ball but there's a wall in front of me and the ball hits the wall while it's still in my hand and goes straight backward, I'd have a hard time saying that I threw it when it got knocked out before I threw it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #46
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

This is a great game between two really underrated coaches. I'm really happy to see TCU relevant again with Sonny at the helm and I'm glad KSU kept their identity bringing in Kileman from the Bison and didn't need another Bill Snyder rescue.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I'm not thrilled about Ohio State being in, but I can live with it. One loss, but to a team squarely in the playoff. Two pretty good wins (Notre Dame, Penn State). If they had lost to Michigan in early October, I don't think people would have as big an issue with it. But they *just* lost to Michigan.

As you know, I'm just not impressed with Clemson or the ACC this season. I don't think the Pac 12 gets enough credit for just how balanced is. Utah, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State and Washington could all beat each other on any given day. Washington State and Arizona aren't terrible. I'm not even sure Cal, Arizona State and Stanford (which beat Notre Dame) are *that* bad. Colorado is the only really bad team in that conference.

I don't want a three-loss team in the playoff, but Utah lost on the road to Florida (not great, but The Swamp is still tough), UCLA and Oregon. And it beat USC twice and Oregon State while winning a tough conference. That's more impressive to me than Clemson.
I see the argument. I don't really care to do the whole conference vs conference thing. The reality is, and has been for about ever, these conferences all have 1-3 good teams at the top of their conference, then the rest of teams are varying levels of bleh.

That's why I've never really understood the whole conference pride thing people do, like when fans chant SEC as if Nick Saban having a dynasty somehow proves the conference is full of good teams. At the end of the day, a team that is 8-4 in any of the major conferences is an above average team and nothing more.

The PAC is cannibalistic, but that's more because they've typically not had an elite team at the top. While the ACC has had Clemson at the top, the B1G has had OSU and now UM at the top, the Big 12 had OU, and the SEC has had Bama, the PAC hasn't had anyone near the level of those teams over the years, a team good enough to survive when they have an off day.

The PAC isn't deeper, no conference really is deep at all, it just lacks an elite team. We've seen it this year with Clemson. They don't have solid QB play really limiting their offense, so they are a notch down from where they've been, that's why they lost a couple this year.

That's just my opinion. I know others are going to disagree. There's plenty of people out there that do believe the conferences truly do vary more, and that's fine. It's simply a difference of opinions.

― Plato
Old 12-03-2022, 03:22 PM   #48
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I don't quite compare those two. If I am trying to throw a ball but there's a wall in front of me and the ball hits the wall while it's still in my hand and goes straight backward, I'd have a hard time saying that I threw it when it got knocked out before I threw it.
I think we agree, I just don't think the rules are written to separate the two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »