Home

2008 ACC Discussion

This is a discussion on 2008 ACC Discussion within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #49
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2008 ACC Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Degan got just 2 dimes. Certainly won't judge a player off one game. But from the numbers in the box score, he really looked like he was one the floor because Lowe had to put a 5th player out there. let's hope it was opening jitters or Marques will be the answer.
It wont matter, either three will be able to handle it. They won't have to do much with the front court talent on that team. State will look much better, that same W&M team was tied with Georgetown at the ten minute mark. I attribute the sloppy play to it being the first game. Javi will look much better when his thumb heals....
Old 11-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

NCState got upset @ home by Orleans. The 5 starters logged 168 out of 200 minutes.

Where's the longer bench?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #51
Rookie

homer73's Arena

OVR: 8

I see that Ben McCauley is only logging 10 minutes a game and that Lowe in his postgame was talking about people being selfish and that there were minutes to go around? hmmmm... minutes to go around and yet Ben's only getting 9 minutes?

Sean Singletary
"Not wonderment," he said when asked if he was surprising even himself with his hot hand in Virginia's 108-87 victory against Gonzaga on Wednesday night, when he scored a career-best 37 points. "I was just wondering why they didn't play more `D.
"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer73
I see that Ben McCauley is only logging 10 minutes a game and that Lowe in his postgame was talking about people being selfish and that there were minutes to go around? hmmmm... minutes to go around and yet Ben's only getting 9 minutes?
I found that very curious. I know Hickson is good. But it seems the Pack could go big a little bit more, putting Grant in the backcourt. Then McCauley could get the 10 minutes Costner & Hickson are on the bench.

I also have to question why Costner only got 5 shots. He had the fewest minutes of all the starters. This guy is the most dangerous player left over from last season.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #53
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I found that very curious. I know Hickson is good. But it seems the Pack could go big a little bit more, putting Grant in the backcourt. Then McCauley could get the 10 minutes Costner & Hickson are on the bench.

I also have to question why Costner only got 5 shots. He had the fewest minutes of all the starters. This guy is the most dangerous player left over from last season.
I wonder if there is already some chemistry probs on that team then. I mean Costner should be the go to man, and right now Hickson is tearing it up. Yet Costner isn't getting shots nor hardly the minutes, and McCauley is only getting 10 mins a game? What in the world is El Sid doing with this team? He might ruin this season before it even gets started if this mess keeps up. Hickson is a great talent, but don't sacrifice the heart and soul of your team just for one guy.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #54
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

Really surprised about McCauley getting such few minutes, I was really impressed with him last season. Good touch around the basket, and all passed the ball well for a guy his size, making a really tough matchup. Not sure why he'd be on the bench.

No excuse for Costner getting only 5 shots, but I'm sure they'll fix that. No way you don't go to him on offense, no matter how good Hickson is.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #55
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Just as I suspected chemistry probs. One of my friends at NC State just sent me a quote from I believe the local paper or the student paper. “It’s just players. It’s nothing between coaches and players it’s between players and players. They’re having issues with each other that they shouldn’t have,” Grant said. “It’s nothing that I want to talk to the media about, it’s between the team and the team.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #56
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

Well they better get that figured out in a hurry or it'll be a long year. Some guys must not be too happy in their new roles, but they had to figure they all wouldn't play the insane minutes they got last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »