Home

2008 ACC Discussion

This is a discussion on 2008 ACC Discussion within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2008 ACC Discussion

Like I said earlier this year. If the Pack & Clemson were predicted to finish in the top 4, just how good could the ACC be?

I'm beginning to wonder if UNC & dook could enter that Feb 6th game both unbeaten. Toughest contests for the Heels would be @ Clemson & hosting the Pack. dook has Pitt in MSG, hosts Clemson & NCSt & goes to Maryland.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 PM   #90
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Like I said earlier this year. If the Pack & Clemson were predicted to finish in the top 4, just how good could the ACC be?

I'm beginning to wonder if UNC & dook could enter that Feb 6th game both unbeaten. Toughest contests for the Heels would be @ Clemson & hosting the Pack. dook has Pitt in MSG, hosts Clemson & NCSt & goes to Maryland.
Yeah it's not looking good at all for the ACC. 4 teams might squeak in, but I'd be surprised if we got that. If UVA picks it up a notch we might have Duke, UNC, Clemson, and UVA in. NCSU is about done. That team has chemistry issues like you can't believe, and Hickson just killed that fluid rotation they had going late last season. I really didn't see him coming in to be a negative, but it's looking like it so far and without Atsur too ouch. Thanks NCSU you finally gave ECU a win against a ACC team. 1-37 all time is what I read the other day.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdiddyPop
Yeah it's not looking good at all for the ACC. 4 teams might squeak in, but I'd be surprised if we got that. If UVA picks it up a notch we might have Duke, UNC, Clemson, and UVA in. NCSU is about done. That team has chemistry issues like you can't believe, and Hickson just killed that fluid rotation they had going late last season. I really didn't see him coming in to be a negative, but it's looking like it so far and without Atsur too ouch. Thanks NCSU you finally gave ECU a win against a ACC team. 1-37 all time is what I read the other day.
I don't think Hickson is the problem. He leads the team in scoring & rebounding & blocks. He's the only significant player w/a FG% above 50%.

I think its Lowe. He has no idea how to develop a bench. The PG situation hurts. But there's no reason for Sidney to have no one able to get in the game for 20 minutes just because they don't start.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

Last edited by J0nnD0ugh; 12-13-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #92
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I don't think Hickson is the problem. He leads the team in scoring & rebounding & blocks. He's the only significant player w/a FG% above 50%.

I think its Lowe. He has no idea how to develop a bench. The PG situation hurts. But there's no reason for Sidney to have no one able to get in the game for 20 minutes just because they don't start.
Agreed, not to mention the team just can't shoot right now.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:09 AM   #93
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
"Hi, my name is Gary Williams"

"And my name is Ralph Friedgen and we're "

Both: "UMD's coaches"

Williams: "Now, I know what you're thinking..."

Ralph: "How can we both suck so bad?"

Williams: "Well, it's pretty simple; it all comes down to recruiting"

Ralph: "See, when you are the only major university in the state, you don't actually have to recruit players! In fact, if you just wait to see if a real school offers them, they'll still be interested in you! Take the running back position; most teams know about running backs early on. Ben Tate had the Maryland state rushing record as a junior, and Steve Slaton was committed, but we don't really need to offer either a scholarship. I mean, who needs public school kids when we can get the backups from private schools?"

Williams: "You see, I like the opposite approach. Sure, UMD is within ten minutes of Montrose Christian and Dematha high school and a few hours from Oak Hill, three of the top basketball programs in the country, but who needs their players? Why, I think I'll take another project big man, a few players who can't shoot!"
tou-effin-che
Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #94
stewaat

OVR:

Lawson looked amazing tonight. Hansbrough did his "I have the ball, I must shoot" routine and the Heels ran all night long. I think Will Graves might be a player after a couple years.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #95
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

It's on Lowe, and the whole team. The chemistry issues have to fall on them as well. Grant all ready blabbed to a media person and leaked out they were having probs, and if that continues the rest of the ACC will see blood and go in for the kill. You can't let stuff out like that and handle it in the locker room. The team needs to man up and stop whining about who's getting shots, and stop "JJ" watching like Duke did when Redick was here. I see the same thing with the Pack when Hickson has it in the low post. No excuse for him to jack up a shot because 3 men are all over him. If the players would be moving he wouldn't need to jack up such hard shots. Credit to him for hitting around 50% of those maybe higher, but you have guys wide open on the wings. STOP WATCHING HICKSON!!!!!!!

Btw Lowe does need to learn how to develop a bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #96
stewaat

OVR:

Is there a stat that counts the probability of Hansbrough shooting the ball if he gets it within 15 feet of the rim? It's honestly 85% or more. He's literally a black hole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »