Home

Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

This is a discussion on Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors? within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-24-2024, 05:02 PM   #9
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

I'm all for EA and 2K teaming up in an unprecedented move, to get the best possible CBB game possible. #EA2Kcbb'26.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-25-2024, 01:29 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpattersoniv
All 2K needs to do is just use the gameplay from the NBA series with some college specific add ons like momentum from CH2K8. Make the recruiting exactly like 2K8, the weekly show and all of that the same. Then make sure create a team matches the NBA series and customize conference is full of options and this can be a once every 5 year game. Roster creators will keep it up to date and 2K can nickel and dime people in MyTeam mode with college legends to make bank
Right, I don't see why this needs to be an every-year release. Couldn't there be a profitable model where they do a college hoops release every other year (or every 3 years or whatever), and sell the roster update/minor tweaks for $15 every in-between year? I assume that would drastically reduce costs and allow the 'long tail'/semi-subscription model that every publisher loves.

I think college sports can really work, they just have to leverage the pro games already made, and they probably don't need to be a yearly release. Can't we get some outside-the-box thinking here? I guess everything that isn't "GTA" or "Call of Duty" just isn't worth the time for these publishers at this point, though.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:31 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpattersoniv
All 2K needs to do is just use the gameplay from the NBA series with some college specific add ons like momentum from CH2K8. Make the recruiting exactly like 2K8, the weekly show and all of that the same. Then make sure create a team matches the NBA series and customize conference is full of options and this can be a once every 5 year game. Roster creators will keep it up to date and 2K can nickel and dime people in MyTeam mode with college legends to make bank
disagree with the first part of your statement about using NBA 2k gameplay. I think the reason why CH2k is beloved by so many is because the gameplay on the court reflected college basketball. NBA2k8 and CH2k8 stood on its own. They felt vastly different on the court.

ID be happy with updated graphics and player movement with the exact same features and coding from CH2k8. CH2k8 was/is so deep that I constantly see different things on the court. Not sure who coded this game but who ever did, needs to be part of the development team if they ever bring CH2k back.

2k should take a chance and release a new version of CH2k.
I also think the NCAA should want a developer to make a game. Usually its a star player or two in the college game that generates interest of fans, but now because so many players opt to go overseas or play 1 year, its up to the NCAA to generate interest through other means. Releasing a game may generate more interest in college basketball long term.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2024, 08:58 AM   #12
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Yea, I'd be all on board for a new College Hoops 2K. I was literally playing 2k5 two nights ago lol
Old 03-26-2024, 07:41 PM   #13
Rookie

I am very ready for the new college football new college basketball game I am buying copy no matter what.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:10 AM   #14
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
disagree with the first part of your statement about using NBA 2k gameplay. I think the reason why CH2k is beloved by so many is because the gameplay on the court reflected college basketball. NBA2k8 and CH2k8 stood on its own. They felt vastly different on the court.

ID be happy with updated graphics and player movement with the exact same features and coding from CH2k8. CH2k8 was/is so deep that I constantly see different things on the court. Not sure who coded this game but who ever did, needs to be part of the development team if they ever bring CH2k back.

2k should take a chance and release a new version of CH2k.
I also think the NCAA should want a developer to make a game. Usually its a star player or two in the college game that generates interest of fans, but now because so many players opt to go overseas or play 1 year, its up to the NCAA to generate interest through other means. Releasing a game may generate more interest in college basketball long term.
All of this sounds great and it’s definitely what they SHOULD do, but it’s the NCAA so they won’t. They’re not even doing it with NCAA Football and it’s guaranteed to make more money than any college basketball game.

My point was only to say, here’s an easy way to solve the money piece of developing it. CH2K8 and NBA2K8 are actually great examples of what I mean. Yes they felt very different but the gameplay was still the same base. Mostly the same controls, iso motion triggered by buttons, a lot of animations reused (specifically shooting and rebounding). They just tweaked the gameplay to feel different, playbooks were different things like that.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:30 AM   #15
MVP

I'm still playing 2k8 college hoops. I'd buy a current gen college game. If they build it I'll buy it.

I don't play NBA or NFL. College only.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:50 AM   #16
Rookie

GhostPandaStorm's Arena

Man how I would love to see the College Hoops games return. They were simply brilliant and still fun to play now. I am happy that college football is coming back just so we can get those awesome atmospheres among other cool things. That said, I'm more of a hoops fan than a football fan (although I do love football as well) so seeing college basketball games back would be amazing.

Love what 2K did in 2K17 with the All-Time teams. It was a nice little taste of college basketball action outside of MyCareer. But, as others have mentioned; college basketball is only really popular in March. Football is popular all season.

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »