Home

2024 Running Commentary of Every Game in March Madness

This is a discussion on 2024 Running Commentary of Every Game in March Madness within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-22-2024, 06:49 AM   #65
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2024 Running Commentary of Every Game in March Madness

If Kentucky fires him, they owe him 75% of the remaining value of his contract, which is $33 million. The question is whether the boosters will pony up the cash.

I'm done defending the man. That loss to Wisconsin in 2015 broke the man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2024, 07:00 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Of course, money :P

Time to start a GoFundMe!
Old 03-22-2024, 08:16 AM   #67
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013

So he recruits well, whoopty doo, wouldn't any coach worth their salt recruit well at Kentucky?
Ehh I wouldn’t exactly say this but that’s a whole separate discussion itself.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:16 PM   #68
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Let’s start day 2 everyone FAU vs Northwestern.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 03-22-2024, 12:26 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
I don't follow College Basketball as I used to, but remember the gist of it. So how is John Calipari still the coach at Kentucky? He has 1 title in 15 years, 1 runner-up and his last Final Four was in 2015. So this isn't Nick Saban we are talking about or Coach K, or even Bill Self. He isn't even Food Club Rick Pitino

So he recruits well, whoopty doo, wouldn't any coach worth their salt recruit well at Kentucky? So explain it to me like I'm 5, why isn't Calipari fired as we speak?

******** src="moz-extension://f319ef52-a14e-45ae-be3e-b8addef7be9d/js/app.js" type="text/javascript">
No, not necessarily. That was Tubby Smith's problem. Tubby Smith may be one of the greatest in game coaches of all time. But he wasn't a great recruiter. Calipari brought an ungodly amount of talent here and early on it worked. It changed the college landscape. He's probably the best recruiter of all time. And early on he had the most talented guards and Bigs in the game.

But the OAD era is over. Teams have just flat gotten better along with the immediate eligibility of the transfer portal. Now the college landscape has changed again and Cal can't change with it. To his credit he tried this year. Finally recruited a heavy 3 point shooting team and played more of an NBA style.

But then because Cal is a stubborn jackass he went back to old habits. Trying to run the offense through Tre Mitchell who
literally has been injured half the year. Which ****ed up the chemistry and is just stupid

He's done. I'm thankful for him for the first 7 years. Nobody was better. He brought some of the most exciting and most loved teams in our history. And I owe him that. He did bring a title.

But the honeymoon is over. The Cal era needs to end. He's become a mediocre coach that can't get out of his own way now and cares more about kid's draft status then winning titles.

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 03-22-2024 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:17 PM   #70
Pro

poulka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
No, not necessarily. That was Tubby Smith's problem. Tubby Smith may be one of the greatest in game coaches of all time. But he wasn't a great recruiter. Calipari brought an ungodly amount of talent here and early on it worked. It changed the college landscape. He's probably the best recruiter of all time. And early on he had the most talented guards and Bigs in the game.

But the OAD era is over. Teams have just flat gotten better along with the immediate eligibility of the transfer portal. Now the college landscape has changed again and Cal can't change with it. To his credit he tried this year. Finally recruited a heavy 3 point shooting team and played more of an NBA style.

But then because Cal is a stubborn jackass he went back to old habits. Trying to run the offense through Tre Mitchell who
literally has been injured half the year. Which ****ed up the chemistry and is just stupid

He's done. I'm thankful for him for the first 7 years. Nobody was better. He brought some of the most exciting and most loved teams in our history. And I owe him that. He did bring a title.

But the honeymoon is over. The Cal era needs to end. He's become a mediocre coach that can't get out of his own way now and cares more about kid's draft status then winning titles.
I agree with all of you. I think Cal problem is the lack of veteran leadership especially with players that het substantial playing time. He prides himself on getting recruits but no one stays in the program maybe past year two. Mitchell has been an exception.

When you look at the top team all of them have players that have been on teams or college ball for a few years. UConn has Newton, Craban and Clingman. I look at Mich St Hoggard has been there forever. Marquette has Kolek and Cam Jones among a few others. Houston has Shead and one of their bigs. Most teams have players with March Madness experience it makes a huge difference. Last night I saw guys playing in a pressure packed situation not knowing what to do other than a couple of players. Sheppard looked lost most of the game.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:23 PM   #71
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Alright people.

Let's put all this hate where it needs to be pointed today.

Duke.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2024, 01:36 PM   #72
Pro

poulka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Alright people.

Let's put all this hate where it needs to be pointed today.

Duke.
I agree LOL. They tip at 7:10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »