Home

Old 04-29-2022, 03:33 AM   #5905
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I know this happens with every sport but he’s the one guy I wish I could see square off against guys I grew up watching. Heavyweight division obviously isn’t what it was back then now, but he’s still nearly a 1 of 1 type of guy with that level of size, quickness, and skill. And while Wilder isn’t a great boxer those fights with him showed that Fury can also take a big shot and keep going.
agreed...not much left to prove at this point. thinking the winner between usyk-joshua would be nice way to end his career. usyk would prove legit if he beats joshua again and joshua can redeem himself with a win and earn a shot at fury in the process. can't believe fury would end it all against white, a worthy contender, but wouldn't nearly match the numbers a fury-joshua fight would generate. he can dismiss usyk all he wants, but if the man beats joshua again, i think he earns a shot as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2022, 01:20 PM   #5906
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm super pumped for Taylor vs Serrano tonight! For the first time a women's fight is the main event at Madison Square Garden. It's historic! It should be a great fight and a solid card on DAZN
Old 04-30-2022, 09:13 PM   #5907
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
I'm super pumped for Taylor vs Serrano tonight! For the first time a women's fight is the main event at Madison Square Garden. It's historic! It should be a great fight and a solid card on DAZN
Im more pumped for the stevenson vs valdez fight two legit young fighters willing to take that chance!! I have stevenson in either a late round tko or decision thnk he is too fast and slick for valdez but I do think valdez will test him and that chin!!
Old 04-30-2022, 11:09 PM   #5908
MVP

OVR: 18

Taylor vs Serrano
My unofficial scorecard
Round 1 Taylor (close) T landed nice shots/S stalked 10T 9S

Round 2 Serrano (close) S landed more - pushing pace / T countering off back foot
9T 10S

Round 3 Taylor (close) T landed better shots / S pushing action 10T 9S

Round 4 Even (close) both throwing and landing at an even clip 10T 9S

Round 5 Serrano T hurt bad / S strong
(10-8) 8T 10S

Round 6 Taylor (close) T still hurt / S stalking trying to overwhelm with smart volume punching 10T 9S

Round 7 Serrano (close) S landed harder shots / T still not fully back 9T 10S

Round 8 Even (close) 10T 10S

Round 9 Taylor 10T 9S

Round 10 Taylor 10T 9S

Taylor 96
Serrano 94
Old 05-01-2022, 01:01 AM   #5909
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Taylor vs Serrano
My unofficial scorecard
Round 1 Taylor (close) T landed nice shots/S stalked 10T 9S

Round 2 Serrano (close) S landed more - pushing pace / T countering off back foot
9T 10S

Round 3 Taylor (close) T landed better shots / S pushing action 10T 9S

Round 4 Even (close) both throwing and landing at an even clip 10T 9S

Round 5 Serrano T hurt bad / S strong
(10-8) 8T 10S

Round 6 Taylor (close) T still hurt / S stalking trying to overwhelm with smart volume punching 10T 9S

Round 7 Serrano (close) S landed harder shots / T still not fully back 9T 10S

Round 8 Even (close) 10T 10S

Round 9 Taylor 10T 9S

Round 10 Taylor 10T 9S

Taylor 96
Serrano 94
Great fight. I had Serrano winning 96-94. Very close. Could have gone either way. Can't wait for a sequel
Old 05-01-2022, 06:38 PM   #5910
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Im more pumped for the stevenson vs valdez fight two legit young fighters willing to take that chance!! I have stevenson in either a late round tko or decision thnk he is too fast and slick for valdez but I do think valdez will test him and that chin!!
if anybody saw this fight last night you just witnessed the next superstar of the sport emerging!! stevenson reminds me of floyd so much but he has more killer instinct!! perfect display of outside control counterpunching body shots and staying off the ropes!! davis and teo need to stay away from
him!!!
Old 05-01-2022, 09:52 PM   #5911
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
if anybody saw this fight last night you just witnessed the next superstar of the sport emerging!! stevenson reminds me of floyd so much but he has more killer instinct!! perfect display of outside control counterpunching body shots and staying off the ropes!! davis and teo need to stay away from
him!!!

He landed either 7 or 9 punches in the first round but you could tell from the start that Stevenson is on a different level. Stood in the pocket, picked his shots, and made Valdez miss. He’s special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2022, 12:42 PM   #5912
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
He landed either 7 or 9 punches in the first round but you could tell from the start that Stevenson is on a different level. Stood in the pocket, picked his shots, and made Valdez miss. He’s special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The greats have composure in the ring always even in the midst of getting fire thrown at them stevenson is never rattled and he has a confidence in himself and his boxing skills that is rare for someone his age!! Ive only seen a couple of fights where a boxer dismantles his opponent to a point he has the opponent scared to punch and did not know where the punches he was getti hit with were coming g from!! valdez was scared to death by the 8 th round !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »