Home

Old 07-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #5489
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm more afraid for Roy Jones than I am for Mike to be honest. If its choreographed WWE style that's one thing. But if it's real you fear for their health... especially Roy.
Might just be a step up from Ali-Marciano, but not much more.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #5490
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

what you guys think of Oscar De La Hoya threatening to make a comeback?

I think he could have a few years after he retired, but not now. He doesn't even look like he worked out for 5 years straight
Old 07-26-2020, 08:47 PM   #5491
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
what you guys think of Oscar De La Hoya threatening to make a comeback?

I think he could have a few years after he retired, but not now. He doesn't even look like he worked out for 5 years straight
Lol, did you watch the DAZN card on Friday?
The camera zoomed in on him and the announcers were saying how good he looked.
I was like ?!?
He looked like your typical Golden Corral regular.

Who knows what his angle is. Who's he going to fight? At what weight class?

A Tyson-RJJ sparring session is intriguing due to their names and pedigree.
Watching a fat DLH fight some tomato can holds no interest to me.
But maybe if it was against Fernando Vargas I'd consider pirating the stream lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 03:15 AM   #5492
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
But maybe if it was against Fernando Vargas I'd consider pirating the stream lol
Might have been Oscar's most satisfying victory even more so than his first bout with Chavez. Damn good fight too.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #5493
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Lol, did you watch the DAZN card on Friday?
The camera zoomed in on him and the announcers were saying how good he looked.
I was like ?!?
He looked like your typical Golden Corral regular.

Who knows what his angle is. Who's he going to fight? At what weight class?

A Tyson-RJJ sparring session is intriguing due to their names and pedigree.
Watching a fat DLH fight some tomato can holds no interest to me.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
no I got rid of Dazn - too much dead air for me - I wanted to see that card because I know Sammy Vargas personally and have shot with him a few times. He managed to become a solid journeyman and land himself some decent pay-day's. If you're not going to become world champ, you better figure out how to make as much money as you can and he managed to do that. A bunch of other guys out of our local scene have been unable to do that outside of Brandon Cook, who has done the same.

I have been watching all the top rank stuff and there's been some good scraps. That 14-0 KO dude (name escaping me) seems like a BEAST. The past 1.5 months or so my DVR has been getting a workout with those along with UFC events.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #5494
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
no I got rid of Dazn - too much dead air for me -
Me too, I think just after Canelo-Kovalez. I wonder if it will cost me $19.99/month or $9.99/month if I was to re-up?
Old 07-28-2020, 10:53 PM   #5495
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

I saw Max Kellerman's interview with Roy Jones this morning. Something I didn't know was that after Jones beat John Ruiz for the heavyweight title in March of 2003 he was immediately made a 2-1 favorite against Tyson in any possible future fight. Tyson had just KOed Clifford Etienne a month before Jones-Ruiz in a comeback bid after getting shellacked by Lennox Lewis eight months earlier.

My overall takeaway from the interview is that you can't take away boxing from Roy Jones and that this could possibly be more Creed-Drago than Leonard-Hope. I'm not sure either fighter knows what they're getting into. After all with a $49.99 price tag and Iron Mike trying to get a "Legends Only" league (with many sports included) going they might have to get serious.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2020, 04:25 AM   #5496
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I saw Max Kellerman's interview with Roy Jones this morning. Something I didn't know was that after Jones beat John Ruiz for the heavyweight title in March of 2003 he was immediately made a 2-1 favorite against Tyson in any possible future fight. Tyson had just KOed Clifford Etienne a month before Jones-Ruiz in a comeback bid after getting shellacked by Lennox Lewis eight months earlier.

My overall takeaway from the interview is that you can't take away boxing from Roy Jones and that this could possibly be more Creed-Drago than Leonard-Hope. I'm not sure either fighter knows what they're getting into. After all with a $49.99 price tag and Iron Mike trying to get a "Legends Only" league (with many sports included) going they might have to get serious.

it will be an interesting matchup, to say the least...especially since they were rumored to be matched up for years. jones is obviously the superior boxer, but tyson might still have the power, which is the last to go. roy's chin is suspect. might come down to conditioning and who has the better chin. kinda reminds me of rocky balboa with a comeback in his late 50's (which stallone was in amazing shape for his age). heck, put the winner in with anthony ruiz jr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »