Home

People attacked me when i didnt agree with "moving while punching" in Fight Night 2

This is a discussion on People attacked me when i didnt agree with "moving while punching" in Fight Night 2 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-17-2005, 06:56 AM   #41
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: People attacked me when i didnt agree with "moving while punching" in Fight Night 2

I read in the Game Informer Review that the AI is very easy on the beginning matches but steps up when your ranking gets to about the mid-thirties that the AI stiffens up. It's supposed to give you a chance to get used to the controls.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2005, 08:32 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: People attacked me when i didnt agree with "moving while punching" in Fight Night 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I read in the Game Informer Review that the AI is very easy on the beginning matches but steps up when your ranking gets to about the mid-thirties that the AI stiffens up. It's supposed to give you a chance to get used to the controls.

Just like the original Fight Night. Except the ramp in that one wasn't very steep.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: People attacked me when i didnt agree with "moving while punching" in Fight Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atman
No, but you seem awfully quick on the "EA's satan" trigger. Watching a few videos doesn't confirm anything about the AI
EA is satan? Hmmm... never thought about that one... Maybe you're onto something there...

And what it confirms so far in my mind is that the AI has not been significantly improved from last year. Playing the demo and watching the video hasn't exactly instilled me with confidence.

Because: Yeah, last year's demo was set on "easy" too, but "hard" in the full version wasn't a hulluva lot harder than "easy".

I'll say it A-farking-GAIN:
We'll see for sure when the full version comes out.

Maybe i should make that my sig. :
Old 02-17-2005, 11:28 AM   #44
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Actually, I hope it doesn't get too hard. I'm left-handed and the right analog isn't my strong side.....

P.S. Does this game have different difficulty levels like other games?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-17-2005, 05:12 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: People attacked me when i didnt agree with "moving while punching" in Fight Night

I think this version will have better AI. The producer said the AI has been improved and that the computer will adapt many different tactics compared to 04. This could just be to promote the game but I think its legit. 04' had two different types of fighters the kind that ran and the kind who charged you and tried to knock you out. After playing the demo over and over again I've seen different strategies from the computer eventhough its only 2 rounds.

However it is true that no one will know until the full version comes out. I don't think you can say by the demo that this games will have bad AI, and so far theres no reason to think the games AI won't be better than 04'.

If you have the online hook-up though thats where the real challenge will happen, and that alone is worth it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also so far there have been 3 reviews of the game that I know of, and all 3 said good things about the AI and nothing bad.

I think the change in this one will be that the difficulty levels from easy to hard will have much more of a difference. The demo is on easy and why should we expect the computer to be difficult and smart on easy level? You probably won't notice any changes until you see the gameplay on the hard setting.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

i havent played the demo but im wondering if a boxer's front-to-back momentum and balance affects the force of a punch. if it doesnt, i cant see how the jab or the cross would be effective in the game. fn04 had momentum but it was only from side-to-side. if a boxer side-stepped into my hook, he'd stagger to the side. if he took a step forward into my cross he'd never stagger back though. the only way he'd stagger back is with the uppercuts or specials.

in vb2, balance was a major issue where almost any punch can gain momemtum. thats why i thought the game was badass. the new vb. called vb:all stars comes with a guard button and its slower paced. the only thing about it though is that it doesnt come with a career mode. it comes with a story mode similiar to vb1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »