Home

Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

This is a discussion on Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-07-2022, 07:48 AM   #49
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
That makes sense with more of an iso offense.

Perhaps try running Floppy for SGA, Mann, or Dort? I find that I can get good looks at three about half the time off of a Floppy action. In 2K20, Floppy is one of the quick plays that are run easily, I am not sure about 2K22.
Yup, Floppy is definitely one of the quick play calls that are available. I imagine that the action is run for one of the two wings that isn't currently handling the ball, so we will try using that to get some good looks on the move.

On top of the 4-out freelance, I also experimented a little bit with the Flow freelance. I don't hate it, just need to get more familiar with the actions out of it to be able to run it without generating a million turnovers.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:20 AM   #50
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah, Floppy is usually run for the best three point shooting wing, but if your 4 or 5 is the better shooter, it may run it for them. However, even if they have a better rating, the wings are usually better at the catch-and-shoot threes.

One thing you can do is call Floppy from the positional playcalling menu, to decide who is getting the screens and open look. That way you aren't at the mercy of who the CPU picks for you.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:36 PM   #51
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, Floppy is usually run for the best three point shooting wing, but if your 4 or 5 is the better shooter, it may run it for them. However, even if they have a better rating, the wings are usually better at the catch-and-shoot threes.

One thing you can do is call Floppy from the positional playcalling menu, to decide who is getting the screens and open look. That way you aren't at the mercy of who the CPU picks for you.

Looking forward to getting into practice and running some floppy this weekend. After my bout with COVID me wife and kids finally came down with it and we have been just trying to survive. Hoping to play the next one on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2022, 04:02 PM   #52
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Beal Sinking Triples, Wizards Sink Thunder

Bradley Beal (30 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast) not only had it going from deep (4-10 3PT) but also getting to the rim. After blowing by Lu Dort on the wing, SGA attempted to challenge Beal at the rim to no avail.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (27 pts, 3 reb, 8 ast, 4 blk) did not back down from the challenge and made sure Beal knew it after finishing through the Baltimore native for a strong bucket in the paint.

Young Darius Bazley (10 pts, 13 reb, 3 blk) was incredibly active all night long on the glass for a game-high 13 rebounds including this putback reverse dunk in the 3rd quarter. While his offense is limited, his energy, hustle, length and defense makes him a valuable piece. Look for a shortened bench rotation and increased minutes for Bazley.

It wouldn’t be a Thunder game without an SGA highlight reel dunk as Thomas “The Tank” Bryant makes a mistake to jump and challenge Air Canada at the rim. Unless it was SGA (12-21 FGs), the rest of the wings on the Thunder struggled as Josh Giddey, Lu Dort and Terrance Mann combined to shoot 5-40 from the floor including 2-23 from deep.
Old 06-16-2022, 04:41 PM   #53
MVP

studbucket's Arena

That's another rough one. The score is OK, but that three point shooting would leave a sour taste in any coach's mouth.

On the upside, I love your screenshots, they are well done. I feel like it's hard for me to get good ones, so I like yours. Also, you are learning a lot from this game. With all the threes, I am gonna guess you tried out floppy or drive and kicks?

I think shortening the rotation to have more Bazley and friends is a good idea. Unless you want a young player to grow, there's no need to play some of these guys.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:33 PM   #54
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
That's another rough one. The score is OK, but that three point shooting would leave a sour taste in any coach's mouth.

On the upside, I love your screenshots, they are well done. I feel like it's hard for me to get good ones, so I like yours. Also, you are learning a lot from this game. With all the threes, I am gonna guess you tried out floppy or drive and kicks?

I think shortening the rotation to have more Bazley and friends is a good idea. Unless you want a young player to grow, there's no need to play some of these guys.

Ran a lot more floppy this game than ever before and was able to generate a lot more assist opportunities across the board.

Before this game I turned the shot meter back on. I thought turning it off would help because of the small increase in shooting percentage, but it didn’t help at all. The thought now is using the meter to see when I should be releasing on each shot would be helpful. By the shooting numbers I just posted, it clearly didn’t help lol. It all comes down to getting into a rhythm with each player and their jumper.

I think what happened was I fell in love with the three this game because I had the shot meter on and fooled myself into believing I could hit more of them because I could see the proper release point. I need to realize that even with the meter on we don’t really have many three-point shooters and need to stick to mid-range, floaters and finishing at the rim.

Appreciate the love on the screenshots. Most of the shots I take are from seeing player reactions on the court in real time (Beal holding his follow through on the 3, Shai flexing on Beal, etc.) that make me pause and go back into instant replay to grab a picture that will tell a story in itself and help progress the quick game recap I provide.

I went into the rotation after this game and noticed we had like 12 guys getting minutes. We are now down to 9 (I think?) in the rotation with only Roby, Poku, Mann and Maledon getting minutes. Kenrich Williams may have like a token 2 minutes given to him but he’s most likely to be cut from the rotation since I’ve gotten next to nothing from him all season.

I believe I now have SGA getting 38 minutes, Giddey and Dort 35 and Bazley and Favors 28 or 30. Favors tires quickly so Roby as 6th man will see close to 30 as well. Hopefully shortening the rotation will keep us from these abysmal droughts on offense regularly in the 2nd quarter.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:06 PM   #55
MVP

studbucket's Arena

That all makes sense. Frankly, I really enjoy watching both you and your team grow: the team is bad + young and is going to grow as part of this dynasty. You are learning the game and you growing in your ability, comfort, and strategy is a nice tough that adds another layer to this that I am enjoying.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2022, 06:36 AM   #56
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
That all makes sense. Frankly, I really enjoy watching both you and your team grow: the team is bad + young and is going to grow as part of this dynasty. You are learning the game and you growing in your ability, comfort, and strategy is a nice tough that adds another layer to this that I am enjoying.

Honestly, that was the deciding factor on taking the Thunder. The other two teams in consideration were the Wolves and Celtics. I was just too afraid of really tanking their bright futures because I wasn’t good at the game. Figured the Thunder were super young, stocked with draft picks and expected to be as so I wouldn’t be ruining a franchise if it takes me two full seasons to really learn how to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »