Home

Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

This is a discussion on Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-27-2022, 11:38 AM   #17
Pro

XxVal_MarXx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

Nice graphics here, the challenge is interesting
Old 05-27-2022, 11:48 AM   #18
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVal_MarXx
Nice graphics here, the challenge is interesting
Thanks! Having fun making up some of the graphics for this franchise. Been a while since I've done a pro sports writeup.

Besides the team being devoid of talent, the challenge will be trying to learn how to play the game and play it at a respectable level. I'm so upset with the beat down from yesterday that I'm watching dribbling tutorials and offensive help videos on YouTube at work to try to be somewhat competitive.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:33 PM   #19
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Thanks! Having fun making up some of the graphics for this franchise. Been a while since I've done a pro sports writeup.

Besides the team being devoid of talent, the challenge will be trying to learn how to play the game and play it at a respectable level. I'm so upset with the beat down from yesterday that I'm watching dribbling tutorials and offensive help videos on YouTube at work to try to be somewhat competitive.
I absolutely have been doing the same thing for my NBA 2K20 teams. The game is so different from NBA 2K16, let alone CHoops 2K8, that the skills are different.

I also tried a ton of different sliders to make the game feel better, so may be worth tinkering with as well. Play games with other teams just to test out sliders and get used to other player types.

At least you're not wasting a good season, you'd be bad anyway

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:28 PM   #20
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I absolutely have been doing the same thing for my NBA 2K20 teams. The game is so different from NBA 2K16, let alone CHoops 2K8, that the skills are different.

I also tried a ton of different sliders to make the game feel better, so may be worth tinkering with as well. Play games with other teams just to test out sliders and get used to other player types.

At least you're not wasting a good season, you'd be bad anyway

Problem is my gaming time is already limited as is so I don’t have time to play games with other teams or test sliders so it’s going to be a learn as I go type of deal. As I progress through this franchise I’ll make tweaks to the sliders as needed.

Not wanting a good season is precisely why I chose the Thunder. I’m going to be bad so why not play as a team that is supposed to be bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-31-2022, 12:32 PM   #21
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Young and Atlanta Bigs Turn OKC into Lob City

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander started the game by being aggressive and abusing Trae Young on defense and getting him into foul trouble early.

Isaiah Roby doing a chin-up on the rim after a nice feed from rookie guard Josh Giddey.

Trae Young, the most lethal shooter in the Eastern Conference, finds himself knocking down a practice three-pointer as the Thunder defense struggled all game long.

Young starts going hardwood magician as he weaved through traffic and started finding cutters that were wide open for easy finishes in the paint.

A rare miss by the Hawks was snatched out of the air by Onyeka Okongwu for a ferocious putback dunk.

Another highlight dunk for SGA as he challenges John Collins at the rim and finishes with his off hand.

Sad Poku is sad as the Hawks came out and blew the game open in the 3rd quarter as they outscored the Thunder 46-18 in that period alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2022, 12:35 PM   #22
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Two major issues I had with this game:

1) I decided to "Sim to End" with about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter...and the sim engine thought it was realistic to have 102 total points scored in a 10 minute period. WTF?!? Guess that means I will not be simulating from here on out. Definitely going to skew the stats justtttt a tad.

2) What is up with the shot feedback in this game? I went into practice mode this morning and decided I would shut off the shot meter to get a tiny boost on my jumpers but once halftime came and went the shot feedback didn't work anymore. Didn't matter what I did: turn it off and back on, change it to just jumpers, jumpers and layups, etc. it just never came back.

Any insight on any of the above issues would be gladly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2022, 03:28 PM   #23
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Murray, Spurs Bully SGA, Thunder

Keldon Johnson drills a deep three and let’s it hang as he stares down the fans at Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Playing his best game of the young season, Aleksej Pokusevski didn’t give up after getting beat on the perimeter. The lanky Serbian saw Keita Bates-Diop get by him but subsequently chased him down and swatted the layup attempt off the glass.

One of the few easy buckets he got all night long, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander got a screen from the elbow and turned the corner into the paint for a strong two-handed dunk as Josh Richardson half-heartedly attempts to jump with him.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:00 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ugly start in OKC... Shai is a monster though. Long road ahead, but it's a long season, so plenty of time to figure things out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »