Home

The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #33
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
November 28, 2019 St. Francis vs Youngstown State [non-conference]

It had been an up and down start to the season for Dinko, but he was gearing up for an important stretch: a few winnable games, including a showdown with his brother and his brother’s alma mater (which also signaled the beginning of conference play). His team was 2-2, coming off back-to-back road losses to Boise State and La Salle, and was looking forward to a home game against Youngstown State. This was the last game before a few meaningful events happened: the early signing period and games against Pitt, his brother (Northern Colorado), and local NEC rival Robert Morris (also his brother’s alma mater). A split of the next 4 games would be acceptable, and he really hoped he wouldn’t lose out on his main focus in recruiting, 7’0” Chris Nabors. However, that was a concern for next week – he wanted to stay undefeated at home and he’d need to beat the Penguins to do that.

Dinko and the Red Flash were able to stay undefeated at home, in large parts thanks to the size advantage they had. Zygis Keita had his best game under coach Dragomirov with 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. They didn’t need Keita much in the first half, as they got out to a 12-4 lead and didn’t look back. They were up 28-21 at half thanks to a well-rounded team performance.

However, Keita and friends caught fire in the second half, pulling away quickly. Junior PG Noah Almond scored the first 5 points of the half and was responsible for two more with a beautiful pass to start a fast break. His playmaking led the way to an 18 point lead at one point as the Red Flash ended up winning 63-46.

Dinko would be ecstatic if his team can shoot 44% from three and exceed his opponent’s points in the paint and rebounds by 50% each game; we’ll see if this is something they can keep up in conference play.

Around the NCAA
  • Through the first month of the season, we have 20 undefeated teams remaining, including #2 Tennessee (7-0), #3 Marquette (6-0), and #8 Arizona (5-0). Among teams that are unbeaten but not in the top 25, Davidson is the most impressive. Though only 3-0, they have double-digit victories over North Carolina and Duke. Kansas State also deserves recognition at 5-0 with victories over #7 Oregon and a 5-2 South Carolina team.

Last edited by studbucket; 05-09-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #34
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: November 28, 2019 St. Francis vs Youngstown State [non-conference]

Very nice win, those are some good numbers from the team -- doubt they can stay that hot, but it's reaffirming that they can put away a team in the second half like they did here.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #35
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

Very very interesting take on this! I do not own College Hoops but I really want to now! Interested to see where this goes down the line! Setting records for young coaches! Nice that you didnt go with top of the line colleges either. Work your way up the ranks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 06:00 PM   #36
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Shaping up to be a very very interesting tale, so many possibilities with this series. Could we see the brothers meet up in the NBA Finals? The Final Four? or even team up at the next level as an impressive coaching tandem
Old 03-18-2020, 06:57 PM   #37
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboh
Very very interesting take on this! I do not own College Hoops but I really want to now! Interested to see where this goes down the line! Setting records for young coaches! Nice that you didnt go with top of the line colleges either. Work your way up the ranks.
Ha, thanks. I wanted to make a story that would keep me hooked. The brotherly competition has been fun for me to track (their showdown has already happened but COVID has actually made me busier).

I want to power through the season when I get a chance, just because I want to see what job offers they get

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Shaping up to be a very very interesting tale, so many possibilities with this series. Could we see the brothers meet up in the NBA Finals? The Final Four? or even team up at the next level as an impressive coaching tandem
I hadn't thought of teaming up - interesting, especially if one seems to get more success than the other.

I definitely hope we see them start to compete in conference tourneys, NCAA, etc. I've already decided they are going to do a home-and-hoe series against each other every year.

Appreciate both of you taking an interest in this.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #38
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Ha, thanks. I wanted to make a story that would keep me hooked. The brotherly competition has been fun for me to track (their showdown has already happened but COVID has actually made me busier).

I want to power through the season when I get a chance, just because I want to see what job offers they get

I hadn't thought of teaming up - interesting, especially if one seems to get more success than the other.

I definitely hope we see them start to compete in conference tourneys, NCAA, etc. I've already decided they are going to do a home-and-hoe series against each other every year.

Appreciate both of you taking an interest in this.

Yeah its an option, I always wanted to see the Van Gundy brothers work together!! I'm pretty sure that in soccer Sweden mens national team had dual head coaches for years!
Old 03-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #39
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Signing Week

The early signing period has opened and we’re starting to see some of the top prospects around the country sign with schools.
  • UCLA has to be thrilled with landing the #1 recruit in the nation, as PG Malcolm Nahra will join them next year.
  • Duke has their backcourt of the future locked up, with PG Mason Delgado and SG Sheldon Newman headed to Durham, NC next year.
  • He may not be Klay Thompson, but Washington State has to be thrilled with stealing Randy Vignale away from the California schools.
  • Boston College is making a strong push for ACC supremacy in coming years, grabbing 2 of the top 4 shooters in this class.
  • Out of nowhere, Arizona State is looking like a more attractive destination that Arizona, as they have the inside track on the #3 and #20 recruits over their in-state rival.
  • In the biggest shock of them all, the Ragin’ Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette are the frontrunners for big man Marcello Barber.

Prospect
Position
Hometown
School
Malcolm Nahra
PG
Los Angeles, CA
Signed with UCLA
Marcello Barber
PF
Houston, TX
Louisiana-Lafayette, Duke, Memphis
Roland Mayes
PG
San Diego, CA
Arizona State, Arizona, UCLA
Leighton Byerson
SG
Bronx, NY
Signed with Boston College
Sheldon Newman
SG
Cincinnati, OH
Signed with Duke
Curtis Bitee
SG
St. Paul, MN
Signed with Kansas State
Danko Matthews
PG
Sioux Falls, SD
Signed with Arkansas
Mason Delgado
PG
Cape Coral, FL
Signed with Duke
Keston Mendoza
PF
Mountain View, CA
Signed with Stanford
Gerard Engle
SG
Boston, MA
Signed with Boston College
V.J. Andres
SF
Albuquerque, NM
Colorado, Kansas, UCLA
Wilt McCully
SG
Houston, TX
Signed with Auburn
Duane Parker
SG
St. Louis, MO
Marquette, Memphis
Reid Ziri
C
Vancouver, Canada
Oregon, Washington, Gonzaga
Britton Wainright
SG
McAllen, TX
Mississippi State, Florida
Randy Vignale
SG
Clovis, CA
Signed with Washington State
Bobby Reed
SG
Flint, MI
Signed with Pittsburgh
Paul Clifton
SG
Huntington Beach, CA
California, Washington State, Arizona
Jonas Shavies
SG
Chicago, IL
Signed with Wisconsin
Dan Diaz
PG
Phoenix, AZ
Texas Tech, Arizona State, Arizona

The Brothers Dragomirov
How did things go for the brothers? Dinko bet it all on 7’0 3-star Christopher Nabors…and lost that bet with Nabors committing to Drake, choosing to spend his college years in Des Moines, IA instead of Western PA. It’s hard to blame him – it’s closer to home and a better program, but it was a bitter pill for Kostadin to swallow.

In addition to losing out on Nabors, he saw 5 of his top 6 targets sign with other schools (including James Madison and Bethune Cookman). So who is next for Dinko? He looked at the players he had been in contact with and looked at who didn’t have any scholarship offers yet – one player jumped out. Biloxi, Mississippi’s 2-star 7-footer: Ruandy Mencio. He has great size, which is obviously something the Red Flash need, but his ABL stats were certainly lacking: 4 points and 4 rebounds in 10 minutes per game.

Oggy was a bit more diversified in his recruiting because of his three scholarships, and was also fortunate not to lose any of his top recruits. He is still in a tough fight with Denver for C Garrett Guerrero and UTSA for SG Jim Flores.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #40
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Re: Signing Week

Bummer on missing out on Dinko's top recruit, but Mencio is at least really tall -- can't teach size. He's gonna be a project player, but developing him will be a big testament to Dinko's coaching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »