Home

The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2020, 01:08 AM   #9
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2019-2020 NCAA Season Preview

Following! This is a great set up and the backstory you've crafted for the brothers is gripping. I'm pulling for Dinko to get his NBA job first. I think his brother is a bit more suited for college with his (seemingly) tough and passionate style.

Last edited by trekfan; 02-23-2020 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:25 AM   #10
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Following! This is a great set up and the backstory you've crafted for the brothers is gripping. I'm pulling for Dinko to get his NBA job first. I think his brother is a bit more suited for college with his (seemingly) tough and passionate style.

Thanks trek

I think you are right about Oggy, though he's the more ambitious of the two, so he may make short-sighted decisions to do what's immediately best instead of long term best.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:24 PM   #11
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Related to the above, I am really enjoying the difference in attributes between the brothers. CHoops starts your coach at a C- for all attributes and you have 5 points you can use to bump up the categories (each point moves up 1/3rd of a grade, so C- to C, C to C+, etc).

Oggy has most of his points into Charisma (B-) and Scouting (C+), while Dinko was more tactical: Teamwork (B-), Offense (C), and Defense (C).

I need to play a few more games, but in recruiting I can definitely see the difference. I think it should make their paths different in interesting ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #12
MVP

studbucket's Arena

November 9, 2019 Northern Colorado vs VMI [Hangar Challenge round 1]

The very first game as head coach for either Dragomirov brother takes place in the Air Force Academy at the Hangar Challenge. Oggy is taking his Northern Colorado Bears to face off against Virginia Military Institute, in a game that finds them as slight underdogs. His father, mother, and brother couldn’t fly in the for the game, but they paid the extra $30 a month for the cable package that got them this game and they were all glued to the TV back in Pittsburgh.

Could Delvon Jahnke and Donovin Mascoll help Oggy get a victory in his first game as NCAA head coach?

It turns out the Bears did pull out a victory for Oggy, but it was sophomore SF Andres Swanson who stepped up in a big way to lead them to victory, getting to the line for 21 free throws and finishing with a very good 23, 7, and 5.

The game started off quite poorly for Northern Colorado as they were down 9-3 within a few minutes, but a steal and a few threes from Delvon Jahnke put UNC up 12-9, causing VMI to take a timeout to settle his players down. It worked, and VMI remained composed and controlled much of the rest of the first half, going into the break with a 39-33 advantage. The big difference was hustle and discipline. VMI outrebounded UNC 13-10, only had 3 turnovers (compared to 7), and committed just 5 fouls (compared to UNC’s 10).

The first minute of the second half was a sign of what was to come: both big men, the 6’9” Donovin Mascoll and VMI’s 7 foot freshman Georgy Wiedemann, got their 3rd fouls and were sent to the bench, and Andres Swanson took his first of many trips to the foul line.

In the next 2 minutes, Swanson ended up with 3 trips to the free throw line and a dunk, cutting the VMI lead to 4, and then followed that up with an and-1 and a beautiful drive-and-kick to Jahnke which completed the comeback and put them up by 2.

Andres Swanson was on a roll in the 2nd half, scoring 21 of his 23 points, 5 more rebounds, and 3 assists

With that, the Bears were on a roll and a few more trips to the line and a killer three from Jahnke put them up 12 with 4:30 left. VMI fought hard and got the game to within 5 points when they fouled Senior PG Branden Stiles. Stiles missed both free throws, but got redemption by immediately stealing the ball back, getting fouled, and draining both shots.

The game definitely turned at half with an unexpected hero in Andres Swanson. Coach Ognyan Dragomirov moved the Sophomore to power forward (after playing wing last year) and his quickness and finishing ability gave the freshman frontcourt pair at VMI trouble all day. He had only 2 points at halftime, but turned it on the in the second half.

The Northern Colorado Bears will face the winner of Air Force and Dartmouth tomorrow.

Around the NCAA
  • Many teams haven’t played a game yet, but several top 25 teams have already lost. #7 UCLA is 0-1 after falling to Portland State 90-99 (Oggy better watch out for those conference foes), and #12 Kentucky is 1-1 including a loss to Central Arkansas. Elsewhere, #19 Florida State lost by 5 points to lowly Nicholls State.

Around the NBA
  • The Orlando Magic are leading the Eastern Conference with a 7-2 record, including wins over the Bucks and Raptors. Nikola Vucevic is a huge reason for that success as the 29 year old center is averaging a career high 26.4 points and 12.1 rebounds a game.
  • In the Western Conference, the Dallas Mavericks can be found at the top with an 8-1 record. Kristaps Porzingis has been on fire for the Mavs, already scoring above 40 points twice and averaging 32.3 points per game.
  • The Clippers have signed Jeremy Lin and Nikola Mirotic to 1 year deals, hoping these vets can help them overcome the Lakers in the West.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #13
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: November 9, 2019 Northern Colorado vs VMI [Hangar Challenge round 1]

Wow, what a huge win for Oggy! First game, first W, and an inspired choice to go small-ball in the front court to use the quickness of his wing to throttle the slower bigs.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:48 PM   #14
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Re: November 9, 2019 Northern Colorado vs VMI [Hangar Challenge round 1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Wow, what a huge win for Oggy! First game, first W, and an inspired choice to go small-ball in the front court to use the quickness of his wing to throttle the slower bigs.

Yeah, he was the key to breaking the press. Stiles got the inbound, then turned and bounced it to Andres Swanson who was able to beat his man to the basket. I'd give it more luck than tactics for Oggy, but it worked
Old 02-23-2020, 09:35 PM   #15
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Introduction

Good stuff. Will be following along.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 10:20 PM   #16
MVP

studbucket's Arena