Home

Return To Dominance: A New York Yankees Franchise (MLB The Show)

This is a discussion on Return To Dominance: A New York Yankees Franchise (MLB The Show) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2016, 02:57 AM   #1
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

OVR: 0
Return To Dominance: A New York Yankees Franchise (MLB The Show)

Intro

I have been a Yankees fan ever since I was 5 years old and I'm extremely pumped for the 2016 season. Because of this, I want to start my first MLB The Show Franchise on Operation Sports. My goal for this New York Yankees franchise to get through at least 3 or more seasons.

Now, when you think of the Yankees, I'm sure one of the first things that comes to mind is how they "buy" players. Well, in this Franchise I want to run the Yankees a different way. I'm going to put a big emphasis on building up the Yankees Farm System. Now, I'm not saying I won't sign a big name player in the off-season, because I definitely will if we need a big upgrade at a position of need since GM Contracts will be on and I'll have to win ASAP. But, I really want to get some of the fantastic young prospects in the Yankees Farm System, like Rob Refsnyder, Gary Sanchez, Jorge Mateo, Aaron Judge, etc., starting on the big league roster. Because during the Yankees' dominance in the late 90's-early 2000's, those teams had guys like Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada, and Mariano Rivera who played major roles in their Championship runs and they were products of the Yankees farm system.

So, I just wanted to point that out before you may think it's another Yankees Franchise where I'm just gonna go sign the best 5 free agents every year.

Franchise Info
  • Game: MLB The Show 16
  • System: PS4
  • Rosters: OSFM v2.5
  • Sliders: TBD (Still testing some out)
  • Difficulty: All Star Pitching and Hitting

I will control everything to do with the roster, so call ups/send downs, injuries, etc.

Last edited by orlegend0208; 05-16-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 02:58 AM   #2
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Re: Return To Dominance: A New York Yankees Franchise (MLB The Show)

Reserved For Season Recaps
Old 03-31-2016, 02:58 AM   #3
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Reserved for NYY Player Awards
Old 03-31-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Following!!

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 03-31-2016, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Subscribed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 10:01 PM   #6
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Following!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstcopleyx
Subscribed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I really appreciate that! Hope you guys enjoy!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:15 PM   #7
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

2016-2017 Yankees' Roster Moves

Key Arrivals

SP Sonny Gray, CP Aroldis Chapman, OF/DH Matt Holliday, 3B Todd Frazier, RP David Robertson, RP Tommy Kahnle, 1B Garrett Cooper, RHP Albert Abreu, and RHP Jorge Guzman

Key Departures

C Brian McCann, 1B Mark Teixeira, 1B/OF Dustin Ackley, SP Nathan Eovaldi, LHP Tyler Webb, RP Tyler Clippard, OF Blake Rutherford (Top 50 Prospect), 2B/SS Jorge Mateo (Former Top 50 Prospect), RHP James Kaprielian (Former Top 100 Prospect), and OF Dustin Fowler (Top 100 Prospect)

Off-Season in Review

It's been a busy year for the New York Yankees.

December 3, 2016: The Yankees' first move of the off-season was trading Brian McCann to the Houston Astros. The Yankees' traded McCann in return for Minor League Pitchers, Jorge Guzman and Albert Abreu. McCann lost his starting job to Gary Sanchez during the 2016 season and his production decreased from previous years, which led to the trade. The Yankees will save $23 Million of the $34 Million guaranteed to McCann over the final 2 years of his contract. The two RHP prospects that the Yankees picked up are both flame throwers as both can hit 100 MPH on their fastballs. Both Guzman and Abreu have MLB ETA's of 2019.

December, 2016: Just four days later, the Yankees made their first free agent acquisition as they signed 6 time All-Star LF/DH Matt Holliday to a 1 Year, $13.00M deal. The Yankees signed the 37 year old with the intentions of him being their DH. In 2016 for the St. Louis Cardinals, Holliday had the worst year of his career as he hit a career low .243 with 20 HR's and 62 RBI's. The Cardinals had a team option for the final year of Holiday's deal and they elected to decline it since it would have given Holliday $17M this season.

December 15, 2016: Then, the Yankees signed flame-throwing Closer Aroldis Chapman to the largest contract an MLB closer has ever received. It was a 5 Year Deal worth $86 Million. The Yankees' traded for Chapman in the 2016 off-season and traded him away to the Cubs at the 2016 Trade Deadline for Gleyber Torres (#3 prospect in baseball), Adam Warren, and other prospects. Last season Chapman had a 4-1 record with a 1.55 ERA, 36 saves, and 90 strikeouts in just 58 innings pitched. Chapman also played a huge role out of the bullpen for the Cubs in their World Series run.

July 2017 Major Trades

July 13: All season the Yankees got little to no production out of anyone who they played at first base. Desperate for some sort of production, the Yankees trade LHP Tyler Webb to the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for 1B Garrett Cooper. Leading up to the trade, in 75 Triple-A games this season, Cooper was batting .366 with 17 HR's and 82 RBI's. He was immediately called up to the big leagues for his major league debut.

July 19: The Yankees struck on a HUGE trade with the White Sox. For a while, the Red Sox were rumored to have been the front runners to acquire 3B Todd Frazier and CP David Robertson. However, the Yankees snuck in and were able to make a deal with the White Sox that not only gave them Frazier and Robertson, but also gave them RP Tommy Kahnle who was coming into his own. In exchange for Frazier, Robertson, and Kahnle, the Yankees gave up Top 50 OF Prospect Blake Rutherford, RP Tyler Clippard, LHP Prospect Ian Clarkin (2013 1st Round Pick), and CF prospect Tito Polo. The acquisitions of Robertson and Kahnle really improved the Yankees' struggling bullpen and Todd Frazier would help with the lack of production at 1st base as Chase Headley would move across the diamond from 3rd.

July 30: The Yankees made a deal with the Minnesota Twins that would send them SP Jaime Garcia in exchange for pitching prospects Dietrich Enns and Zack Littell. Both Enns and Littell were having fantastic seasons, but they provided no immediate help in the big leagues for the Yankees and did the Yankees ever need it. The back end of the rotation was becoming a complete liability with Caleb Smith/Luis Cessa acting as the 5th starters. With the acquisition of Garcia, the Yankees got a solid left handed pitcher with experience in the Post-Season.

July 31: Just an hour before the trade deadline passed, the Yankees struck another huge deal with Oakland that would send Sonny Gray to New York in exchange for 3 high ceiling prospects. Those prospects were 2B/SS Jorge Mateo (Former Top 50 Prospect), OF Dustin Fowler (Top 100 Prospect), and RHP James Kaprielian (Former Top 100 Prospect). Fowler and Kaprielian were both injured at the time of the trade. Fowler had a ruptured patellar tendon in his right knee while Kaprielian is still recovering from Tommy John surgery. In exchange for these 3 prospects, the Yankees acquire former All-Star Sonny Gray. Gray had an awful 2016 season, but has regained his form and is pitching extremely well in 2017. With the acquisition of Gray, the Yankees now have 3 top of the rotation starters along with two experience lefties in Sabathia and Garcia, on top of a VERY deep bullpen.

Last edited by orlegend0208; 08-01-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #8
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Following....Even though I am a Jay's fan. I wish you luck, but I hope you get beaten by the North

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »