Home

Sleepless in San Diego

This is a discussion on Sleepless in San Diego within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Sleepless in San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
Come back to us Royals
Haha, I wish I could! I'm away from home this summer studying and interning so I don't have access to my PS3. In hindsight, I probably should've refrained from starting this franchise but I guess I thought I would've been through the first season before I left. As it usually goes, I get busy with school and don't have any time.

With all this being said, I'm probably going to have to restart this once I get back. I frankly can't remember where I'm at as I played ahead quite a bit. I'm still toying with getting a PS4 and MLB 16 so if I go that route I might just choose new team. I guess I'm getting pretty notorious around here for switching teams and having a rash of bad luck but I guess that's just the way things play out.

I'm going to try to be a little more active on these boards but don't expect me to be posting anything on this thread for at least another month or so. Sorry dude, I hate to disappoint and I know I've lost most of my following for these antics but hopefully one day I can earn it back.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 08-15-2016, 12:18 AM   #18
MVP

Well folks, after a long hiatus, I have returned to finally announce that I have purchased a PS4 and a copy of MLB 16 The Show. With that being said, I believe that it is now time to get back into the franchise game once and for all. I toyed with the idea of picking up my Padres franchise on the PS4 but ultimately decided against it. We already have two fantastic Padres franchises on these boards and I don't really see the necessity in establishing another.

As a result, I am looking for a new team to role with.

Right now, I am considering:

Red Sox: I think it would be a pretty cool experience to play at Fenway on the 4 and I also think it would be sick to try and win a title in David Ortiz's last year. Additionally, I think it would be cool to try to build a dynasty around Bogaerts, Mookie, Bradley, Pedroia, etc... and to see just how great this team could be.

Braves: We don't really have a Braves franchise on here and I think it would be fun to try to navigate their rebuild. The big problem here is I don't think they switch over to their new stadium in the game and while I enjoy playing at the Ted, I just think it would be kind of difficult to go on with that sort of inaccuracy.

Mets:I'm a big fan of the Mets pitching staff and it would be pretty sick to hit bombs with Cespedes while trying to compete with the Nationals. I'm really enticed by the possibility to build my own cast around a solid core and to try to build a dynasty. I think the Mets give me as good a starting point as any.

Marlins:I know what you're thinking... But hear me out. I can't even begin to dream up the storylines we could have with all these villains on one team. I mean having all the drama of having Don Mattingly, Barry Bonds, Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Fernandez on one team combined with their scheming owner Jeffery Loria sounds like a heck of an opportunity.

While these are probably the top 4 at the moment, I'm open to any suggestions that anyone has. I'm hoping to have a team chosen by the end of the week and a franchise started sometime next weekend.

Let me know what you think!

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 08-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #19
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
Well folks, after a long hiatus, I have returned to finally announce that I have purchased a PS4 and a copy of MLB 16 The Show. With that being said, I believe that it is now time to get back into the franchise game once and for all. I toyed with the idea of picking up my Padres franchise on the PS4 but ultimately decided against it. We already have two fantastic Padres franchises on these boards and I don't really see the necessity in establishing another.

As a result, I am looking for a new team to role with.

Right now, I am considering:

Red Sox: I think it would be a pretty cool experience to play at Fenway on the 4 and I also think it would be sick to try and win a title in David Ortiz's last year. Additionally, I think it would be cool to try to build a dynasty around Bogaerts, Mookie, Bradley, Pedroia, etc... and to see just how great this team could be.

Braves: We don't really have a Braves franchise on here and I think it would be fun to try to navigate their rebuild. The big problem here is I don't think they switch over to their new stadium in the game and while I enjoy playing at the Ted, I just think it would be kind of difficult to go on with that sort of inaccuracy.

Mets:I'm a big fan of the Mets pitching staff and it would be pretty sick to hit bombs with Cespedes while trying to compete with the Nationals. I'm really enticed by the possibility to build my own cast around a solid core and to try to build a dynasty. I think the Mets give me as good a starting point as any.

Marlins:I know what you're thinking... But hear me out. I can't even begin to dream up the storylines we could have with all these villains on one team. I mean having all the drama of having Don Mattingly, Barry Bonds, Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Fernandez on one team combined with their scheming owner Jeffery Loria sounds like a heck of an opportunity.

While these are probably the top 4 at the moment, I'm open to any suggestions that anyone has. I'm hoping to have a team chosen by the end of the week and a franchise started sometime next weekend.

Let me know what you think!
Yeah, there's been a surge in Padres franchises lately...not sure what to attribute that to. When I started mine, there was like 1 other active Padres dynasty; now you look around and can't get away from them, lol.

I think there are a lot of potentially interesting angles to take...

-The Angels and making Mike Trout a winner. There was an Angels dynasty that had promise a couple months ago that's died off.

-Making the Yankees back into an Evil Empire.

-Rebuilding the Tigers.

-The A's. Moneyball 2: How Billy Beane got his groove back.

-A Rockies dynasty. Nobody ever seems to be able to sustain a Rockies dynasty. It would be interesting to see what someone could turn that team into.

Of the choices you brought up, I like the Mets and Braves ideas as the best options. Lil Biggio has done great things with the Braves, but nothing lately. The Mets haven't really taken off around here either. I think you might get bored with how good the Red Sox are. It would be a big challenge getting the Braves back to being perennial division champs and developing your own Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz/Avery pitching staff. Building the rest of the Mets around their own pitching staff might be interesting also. Whichever team you choose, you bring a storytelling aspect that nobody else does.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #20
MVP

After some careful deliberation, I have decided to roll with the Evil Empire.

I know that I have committed a great crime as a Red Sox fan but you gotta hear me out. The Yankees have a lot to offer anyone who wants to do a franchise with them. Beyond a decent stadium and historic unis, the Yankees have some good big league players, a solid farm system and, of course, loads of cash. Then, you add in all of the potential storylines and you begin to see how tantalizing such an opportunity is.

As far as how this franchise is going to be structured, I am going to try to incorporate a lot of different elements. I'm going to try to tell this from a front office perspective so you will get to see the dynamics between the ownership and the front office and how the pressures of running a team in such a large and historic market affect decisions. Additionally, I will be writing some news articles to supplement the story. I will be sure to cover the farm system with some sort of regularity because it is going to be an important part of the franchise moving forward.

I'm planning to play 1 and sim 5 but of course, if there is a good matchup then I will be sure to play that game. Furthermore, I also want to play every rivalry game (so every game between the Red Sox, Mets, etc...). I don't have access to the same photoshop program I did in the past so the graphics will suffer a little bit but I will try to make them as good as possible. I'm really hoping to make up in that department though with the writing, the storyline and the content.

Be on the lookout for something to come up within the next few days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »