Home

Issues post patch

This is a discussion on Issues post patch within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-15-2022, 12:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Issues post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Same for me. Trying to use any arena crashes the game.

Can someone elaborate on the unused images thing as I've read that "fix" elsewhere?

Is there an easy way to tell if an image isn't being used?

I'm not trying to be "that guy" but for $160 I'm not going to dig through a bunch of images and try to figure out which are used and which aren't. I can't imagine any aren't being used as they should all be attached to the CAWS I've downloaded. I have downloaded or uploaded anything else.
I used this method to resolve the crashing issue and it deleted all the custom renders I put on wrestlers even though they were in use. What a MESS.
Old 03-15-2022, 12:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

My biggest issue is the images glitch...Anything over 280 images it appears is making my game crash when doing anything with arenas even changing the arena to a default one in play mode. Game crashes to main menu when trying to preview shows or arenas in CC as well. It also removed all custom renders from my characters and forced me to spend hours going back and assigning menu poses because the games load times are atrocious when saving.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:20 PM   #11
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRickStyles
My biggest issue is the images glitch...Anything over 280 images it appears is making my game crash when doing anything with arenas even changing the arena to a default one in play mode.
Is 280 actually the line between stable and crashing? Good news if so. Not the crashing, that ****ing sucks and shouldn't be happening. But if people can narrow it down to a number, that kind of info is probably really helpful in a bug report. Do you know if anyone's reported it to 2K?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2022, 01:32 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Is 280 actually the line between stable and crashing? Good news if so. Not the crashing, that ****ing sucks and shouldn't be happening. But if people can narrow it down to a number, that kind of info is probably really helpful in a bug report. Do you know if anyone's reported it to 2K?
This post on reddit sub "wwegames" drove me to look into it and after i removed enough people to get under 280 it started working again so i think there is merit. Also the game crashes for me if I go to the deletion utility and go to images that way if I am over 280 so use the image manager instead. I would assume this is across all generations as well considering the OP tested on PS5 and PS4 and i had the same results on XBOX Series S.

---------

[–]lschulte33 5 points 3 days ago
Update on crashing issues. I have been working on this for a couple days now to try and narrow things down. I first thought it was the file size needing to be under 100mb but then i created new save files and found out that wasn't correct. Here are my new findings:

If you have 280 or less slots used under "Custom Images" (can check this using deletion utility) The game seems to work fine.

If you go over 280 "Custom Images" slots used, the game crashes in a lot of modes, especially when trying to access/use custom arenas.

Tested this on PS5 and then also a PS4 save as well.

The total file size was less than 100mb for both systems.

Last edited by SlickRickStyles; 03-15-2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:14 PM   #13
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I don't have anywhere near 280 images and it's crashing for me.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:23 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I don't have anywhere near 280 images and it's crashing for me.

Sorry man I just know what worked for me...I was only at like 33mb of 256 but since most of my edits from Iconic2K other prominent guys included lots of images i was over and once I got it down to like 17 pages (under 280) in the image manager it started working again. I wasn't even able to use the deletion utility without it crashing or change arenas or go to edit shows or download them.
Old 03-15-2022, 03:31 PM   #15
MVP

Wow... 2K really needs to hire some experienced testers. They don't need more problems like these considering how 2K20 went. For their own sake I hope they can patch this quickly.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2022, 10:23 AM   #16
Rookie

Does the trickle of slow VC after every game I play have anything to do with a Post Patch Bug?

On the first day, I was racking up VC super quick....now I'm lucky to get more than 50 after a match.

wtf?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »