Home

Using AI to write storylines in WWE games to keep them fresh

This is a discussion on Using AI to write storylines in WWE games to keep them fresh within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-11-2024, 01:11 AM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Using AI to write storylines in WWE games to keep them fresh

A common complaint for many people playing universe is how stale it is. There's not much substance to it with a lack of storylines or context to the feuds. But with the power of AI they can generate storylines for you. I know I struggle with universe mode and keeping it fresh but having stories written for you can add a little juice to it. It can be a great jumping off point to start a fued and even Come up with dialogue and promos for you if you get specific with your prompts. Here's what I managed to come up with...

Sure, here's a promo for CM Punk vs. Dominik Mysterio with a storyline built around legacy and respect:

[Scene: CM Punk stands in the ring, microphone in hand. The crowd is a mixture of cheers and jeers]

CM Punk: You people want the best? You want the Second City Saint back on top? Well, that can happen. But first, I gotta get through the likes of you. Punk gestures towards Dominik Mysterio standing across the ring

CM Punk: Dominik Mysterio. Rey Mysterio's son. Now, I have all due respect to Rey. We pushed each other to our limits back in the day. But you, Dominik? You ain't your father. You're a pale imitation, trading on a legacy you haven't earned.

Dominik Mysterio: (interrupting) Hold on a minute, Punk! You think this is about my dad? This is about me. I may not be Rey Mysterio, but I'm here to make my own name in this industry. And that name starts by going through you.

CM Punk: You want a name, kid? Earn it. You want respect? You gotta command it. Right now, all I see is a participation trophy case and a whole lot of privilege. You think this is a game? This ring? This is where legends are made. This is where pretenders get exposed.

CM Punk: Look around, Dominik. This industry? It's built on respect. Respect for the veterans who paved the way. Respect for the fans who keep this business alive. You want to be in this ring? Then you earn that respect. You prove you belong. And at (upcoming event name), that's exactly what I'm gonna make you do.

CM Punk: (Raises microphone) This isn't about me versus Rey Mysterio. This is about whether or not you, Dominik Mysterio, have what it takes to write your own damn chapter. Let's go.

As you can see it is pretty specific about history and context. So the next time you get bored of universe mode give AI a try. I think it can be a great tool to keep it fresh. Mix it with rivalry actions and it could be pretty fun.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2024, 01:37 AM   #2
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Using AI to write storylines in WWE games to keep them fresh

AI is going to bring a lot of harm to this world eventually, but for right now in the early stages as we are, it is refreshing to see it being implemented to give new life to things such as this. If the developers at WWE 2K could do something similar and use it to create angles and storylines in the game, it would add depth the the Universe mode.

That said, the very presence of AI will slowly but surely cause us to begin seeing jobs and careers becoming irrelevant because of the ease and cost-cutting benefit of using AI. I say enjoy it for as long as we can.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:06 AM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Using AI to write storylines in WWE games to keep them fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
AI is going to bring a lot of harm to this world eventually, but for right now in the early stages as we are, it is refreshing to see it being implemented to give new life to things such as this. If the developers at WWE 2K could do something similar and use it to create angles and storylines in the game, it would add depth the the Universe mode.

That said, the very presence of AI will slowly but surely cause us to begin seeing jobs and careers becoming irrelevant because of the ease and cost-cutting benefit of using AI. I say enjoy it for as long as we can.
I agree. But in the context of video games I wish the devs could go beyond basic feuds where it's just run ins and pre and post match attacks. It takes away from the anything can happen at any time emphasis we see on tv.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »