Home

newbie question

This is a discussion on newbie question within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2023, 12:08 AM   #1
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
newbie question

so i havent played any wrestling games since like 2007. just picked up wwe 2k23 for the ps4. and im wondering...

i know you can download user created versions of older wrestlers right? but i also know a lot of the older wrestlers from my era need to be unlocked. so how does this work if i want to run a universe with a bunch of the attitude era guys? can i just download the user created versions or do i actually have to go through and unlock them all and buy them with VC?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: newbie question

When unlocking legends you will need 1K VC per. A 3-4* match on the hardest difficulty will get you 500-700. They are also some guys you will need to complete task in the Cena showcase mode.

Another option if you don't want to grind is buy something that unlocks everyone for like 5 or $10.

Anything you download can be used in universe/ my gm. I will caution being careful as its still bugged at times when using a lot of CAW (hopefully patches help). Some of them will be blocked if you don't have the wrestler unlocked. For example, a rockers Shawn Michaels may have moves that are behind the mid 90's Michaels.

They are some amazing attitude era wrestlers out from a creator on twitter named "petethepete27".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
so i havent played any wrestling games since like 2007. just picked up wwe 2k23 for the ps4. and im wondering...

i know you can download user created versions of older wrestlers right? but i also know a lot of the older wrestlers from my era need to be unlocked. so how does this work if i want to run a universe with a bunch of the attitude era guys? can i just download the user created versions or do i actually have to go through and unlock them all and buy them with VC?
Old 04-13-2023, 11:56 PM   #3
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
When unlocking legends you will need 1K VC per. A 3-4* match on the hardest difficulty will get you 500-700. They are also some guys you will need to complete task in the Cena showcase mode.

Another option if you don't want to grind is buy something that unlocks everyone for like 5 or $10.

Anything you download can be used in universe/ my gm. I will caution being careful as its still bugged at times when using a lot of CAW (hopefully patches help). Some of them will be blocked if you don't have the wrestler unlocked. For example, a rockers Shawn Michaels may have moves that are behind the mid 90's Michaels.

They are some amazing attitude era wrestlers out from a creator on twitter named "petethepete27".
thanks so much for the information my man. yeah i noticed when looking through the community creations that i couldnt download a lot of the wrestlers because they were equipped with something i havent unlocked yet.

so basically if i just mess around for a few nights doing a bunch of matches, i should be able to earn enough to unlock a decent amount of the wrestlers i want.

when you say its bugged when using a lot of CAW's, how bugged are we talking? is it like game breaking bugs or just little stuff that might be more of an annoyance than anything?
Old 04-14-2023, 09:11 AM   #4
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

My GM when using 60ish to 80 CAW is basically unplayable and it freezes when going into week 2. I have experimented with it and got past that section a few times another user on here had the same issue (on the mygm thread). There probably is a way to make it work in the current state by lowering the CAW and using more base roster guys. Just will take some time as just loading 70ish CAW and going 3/4 times has never worked for me once. I've not tried universe mode yet.

You could spend 5-10 hours and spam the VC like I did and unlock a good chunk of guys. I completely cheated the system to get as much VC per match as I could. I lowered a CAW to the lowest ratings possible and used higher rated guys on the highest difficulty. I would just keep track of which guys you need because some legends you may not want, but there moves or useful for CAW guys.

The best matches to use was backstage brawl and the Extreme rules match. Don't use falls count anywhere as if your about to get beat then you can go outside and not lose the match. The backstage brawl was safer because plenty of weapons to use, but it ends after the 1st finisher a lot times. Extreme rules match ( I think that's the one) i liked the best because if i was dominating the match I would just keep going before going for the pin. A 10 person royal rumble also works as you can control someone else after getting eliminated (just not on the pause screen) however those are risky unless you take the time to go all lower rated guys.

Quote:
thanks so much for the information my man. yeah i noticed when looking through the community creations that i couldnt download a lot of the wrestlers because they were equipped with something i havent unlocked yet.

so basically if i just mess around for a few nights doing a bunch of matches, i should be able to earn enough to unlock a decent amount of the wrestlers i want.

when you say its bugged when using a lot of CAW's, how bugged are we talking? is it like game breaking bugs or just little stuff that might be more of an annoyance than anything?

Last edited by georgiafan; 04-14-2023 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:51 AM   #5
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I'll speak on what I know first. Yes, just do some random matches, try to make some 5 star bangers out of them and the game will reward you with in game currency. Exhibition and Univers (maybe even GM mode, jeez I haven't noticed smh) reward them. I'm going to go ahead and get the season pass so I stopped going this route...but I was able to unlock several classics stars with in game currency maybe playing 50 various matches with the AI or my kids.

Now take the next part with a grain of salt since I'm not a big CAW user. Maybe someone will come along and confirm.

Main issue in 2K22 was heavy use of CAWs and other custom options (images, etc) caused loss of saves in Universe Mode. I'm hearing it might still be an issue in 2K23.

Again, grain of salt; one that might be new to 2K23 is that CAWs are bugging shows in Universe Mode. The AI doesn't know how to book them for one and the other is if for some reason you delete a CAW from a show, they don't leave the show. That one worries me since I've found some good "starter" CAWs of Superstars from 2K22 that didn't make into 2K23 (ie Mia Yim); as the game gains more of a foothold, naturally, some talented small time (maybe even one time) creators may improve on the starter. Well apparently, I'd have two Mias on RAW unless I deleted the whole show.

FWIW: I used maybe 10 CAWs and their associated images etc. last year and didn't lose any saves. I've only downloaded one so far for 2K23 and I didn't used them outside of exhibition. I ended up deleting it since I wasn't all that impressed with the anything beyond the accuracy of their looks and other than getting a weird prompt after deleting it, no issues. I have two original CAWs I created for MyRise too but that's the only place I use them.

Anyway. Glad you're enjoying 2K23. Sure, game is far from perfect and that causes some toxic nonsense in some online communities...but man ignore that and let yourself get sucked into the fun to be had. I've got a Universe mode planned out for an entire in-game year, MyGM can be fun and I'm enjoying the stories and my CAWs for MyRise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »