Home

The Things People Do For Cheap Wins is Fascinating

This is a discussion on The Things People Do For Cheap Wins is Fascinating within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2023, 01:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The Things People Do For Cheap Wins is Fascinating

I'm old. I've been playing video games probably way too long. Now, people finding advantages to win against others is nothing new. Mankind has done it since we have existed. However, the things people do in this game for wins is laughably pathetic.

First, the leader boards are meaningless. There's no ranked modes in the game. That means you have full control to dictate your lobby that is advantageous to you. Everyone knows that people will make characters with the most abusive move set (like that idiotic quick punch as a combo starter), but what fascinates me even more, is the extra extremes that people will do to assure a win. Extremes like setting the lobby timer to 15 seconds while already having able to select your cheesy 100 dude with a cheesy moveset.

How fragile is an ego that it isn't enough that you've spent hours creating the most idiotic looking character with the most cheesy move set, but you also need to make sure that opponents can't select their own character by putting in a 15 second lobby timer, just to be placed on a leader board that takes nothing into consideration?

Every single person I've played that has done this has written me a message full of delusional hubris as if they used pure skill against me to win. Seriously, it's extremely sad that people have to lie to themselves in order to feel like they are an accomplished person. I'm ranting here because I don't understand this mindset. I've taken many of these guys to default roster matches just to kick their butt. After, I'll get messages sent to me that are poorly written disparagements that are laughably infantile.

If you're one of these people, please... Tell me what it is that motivates you to live so delusionally. Why do you need to feel accomplished in such a desperate way that you throw all dignity out the window?

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »