Home

WWE Wrestlemania Backlash 5/8/22

This is a discussion on WWE Wrestlemania Backlash 5/8/22 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-09-2022, 12:37 AM   #17
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE Wrestlemania Backlash 5/8/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Yeah, I'm hoping they give him a more serious gimmick at some point.

And unpopular opinion, but Happy Corbin is one of the most underrated and underutilized talents in the company. The guy takes anything you give him and makes it work, while also getting better and better in the ring.

Unfortunately, he's an ex - NFL guy (so the IWC & smarks hate him) and WWE hasn't really done anything with him to make you actually think he's a threat. He's a lot like the male version of Sonya DeVille.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
I think the King gimmick probably made people more indifferent to Corbin than they would've been otherwise. Not a knock on him at all - he played it well - but the writing for him was (like a lot of other stuff) very, very repetitive. He does make whatever they give him work from his side of it, so I don't mind him at all.

Sonya Deville was screwed the second they signed Rousey so it's nice that she settled into the heel authority role, as played out as that is. Regardless of how she would ever do in the ring Rousey has legit MMA name value, which made Sonya's gimmick look like a dollar store version. For the same reason, you couldn't have a guy doing an MMA gimmick now either, not with the knowledge that Brock Lesnar will always reappear at some point.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:24 AM   #18
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

I had zero expectations for this show and it was better than I thought.

- Cody/Seth was match of the night. Cody must feel like he didn't leave AEW with the amount of false finishes in both his matches against Rollins.

- I knew Priest getting banned would lead to a new member joining his group. It made sense to turn Rhea given Bianca needs someone else after her rematch with Becky.

- I didn't really care at all for Charlotte/Ronda but the match was great. Just hope WWE holding off her title win by a month won't hurt Ronda.

- I was really surprised The Bloodline won given no titles were on the line. I mean if the Bloodline were going to win, why not make it a winner take all match for all the gold? Anyhow, that match was insane. I can't believe how over Orton is so over as a face right now is, he needs a singles match with Roman based off the reaction he's been getting.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #19
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I had zero expectations for this show and it was better than I thought.

- Cody/Seth was match of the night. Cody must feel like he didn't leave AEW with the amount of false finishes in both his matches against Rollins.

- I knew Priest getting banned would lead to a new member joining his group. It made sense to turn Rhea given Bianca needs someone else after her rematch with Becky.

- I didn't really care at all for Charlotte/Ronda but the match was great. Just hope WWE holding off her title win by a month won't hurt Ronda.

- I was really surprised The Bloodline won given no titles were on the line. I mean if the Bloodline were going to win, why not make it a winner take all match for all the gold? Anyhow, that match was insane. I can't believe how over Orton is so over as a face right now is, he needs a singles match with Roman based off the reaction he's been getting.
The 3 - on - 3 was better than anticipated, but it ended in too much of a cluster **** for my liking.

Felt like I was watching a totally different promotion with the lack of tags, counting the "illegal" man out, Orton no selling a superkick, etc. towards the end especially. And I know

WWE does those type of shenanigans too - a microcosm of "modern" pro wrestling - yet I still wish they would've toned it down a bit. Still, a better main even (even if it shouldn't be one at a PLE) than it had any right to be.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 05-09-2022, 07:40 PM   #20

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm surprised the Bloodline won.

Winners take all would've made sense, but I guess they want Usos vs RKBro in a "first ever HIAC unification match".

But could've still done Reigns title on the line at least. The story here would've been the fact that the Usos could get pinned and Reigns loses his title, which would make sense too, and make you believe Reigns might lose his title since that would be an easy way to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »