Home

AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread

This is a discussion on AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2024, 10:57 PM   #3833
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Not quite Austin/McMahon or even Bubba/Dixie but I'm always up for an "owner gets attacked" angle. Now I need him in a neck brace tomorrow at the draft to sell it.

Here you go... he actually did it!

Old 04-25-2024, 11:17 PM   #3834

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Even CM Punk would have to admit that is funny and well done.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:52 PM   #3835

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I didn't mind that ending, I thought it was good.

If anything the reason some are cheering Jack is because he's coming off as the "cool heel".

The elite right now are more interesting than they've been before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 11:28 AM   #3836

Majingir's Arena

Sounds like Tony being "injured" could make way for him to assign an authority figure within AEW.

Too bad Regal isn't around anymore, but I wonder who they'd put in there.

Kenny? Stokley? Renee!? Callis.....
Old 04-30-2024, 05:06 PM   #3837

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Sounds like Tony being "injured" could make way for him to assign an authority figure within AEW.

They don't need an authority figure on TV. That trope has been done to death in wrestling and is corny/lazy. If they want to put someone in his place who is rarely if ever on actual TV, that's fine I guess.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:22 PM   #3838

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
They don't need an authority figure on TV. That trope has been done to death in wrestling and is corny/lazy. If they want to put someone in his place who is rarely if ever on actual TV, that's fine I guess.
Depends how they use that figure.

If the show revolves around them then it'd be too much. But if it's some authority figure who we just see for notable things (or just a name we can refer to when saying a match has been signed off on or something) then that makes more sense.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:40 AM   #3839
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

I hate that they announced Omega's return ahead of time, they could have done so much with this before Omega returns to confront the Bucks and Okada in a big surprise return. This is the downfall to not having long-term booking because this could be done so much better. How I would have done it...

- Bucks, Okada and Perry start tomorrow's Dynamite gloating about what they did to TK. TK comes out in a neck brace to confront them and threatens to fire them. Before he can, they attack him again but this time put him through a Table writing him off TV.

- They come back from commercial, Bucks say that TK is too injured to run the show and as EVPs they will step up to run the shows for him on his behalf. Basically, they cause a bunch of mayhem, abuse their powers, and this happens for weeks on Dynamite, Rampage and Collision.

- At Double or Nothing, Swerve defends the AEW World Championship. After the match, The Elite come out and attack Swerve. FTR try to help but they also get attacked. After a huge beat down, attacking officials and agents, Kenny Omega makes his return to help FTR and Swerve fend off the Bucks and Okada.

- Then we get a power struggle where Bucks as EVPS are making matches but Omega uses his power as EVP to book matches. This would lead to a 4 on 4 Blood & Guts Match between The Elite and Omega's Group. I would have Adam Cole join the Elite as I do not want Omega & Okada to have any interaction in a match setting until All In. Adam Cole would replace Okada for Blood & Guts. Also, having MJF return to not only get revenge on Cole but join Omega to take down the Elite would be pretty good. Omega wants a match with Okada, but the Bucks overrule him, Omega says he's also EVP and says Okada has to face him, they go back & fourth so the match never happens. TK returns on the first show in August and makes Omega/Okada official for All In. Bucks have to defend their titles, MJF finally gets his hands on Cole in a rematch from a year ago, etc.

Boom... long term story telling.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 05-01-2024 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:16 PM   #3840

Majingir's Arena

Young Bucks not fired for attacking Tony Khan because of...Iron Clad contracts.

I've never been a big fan of the young bucks but I've liked their EVP stuff, they're finally interesting.

AEW lucked out next week in Edmonton and Vancouver in the middle of those 2 cities 2nd round playoff matchup. Perfect chance for some heel heat. Someone's gotta show up in Edmonton with a Canucks jersey.

We need more Stokley on TV.

"Outside of my own actions, what did I do to deserve this!?"

Last edited by Majingir; 05-05-2024 at 06:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »