Home

AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread

This is a discussion on AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-08-2021, 12:38 AM   #801
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AEW Dynamite Thread

If they were going to do a cinematic match, the Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match should have been a cinematic match. Now I get it with fans there, you don't want your main event to be a cinematic match and fans looking at the screen the entire time.

Omega announced the Death Match on Feb 17th, tickets went on sale the following Friday on the 26th. All AEW had to do was say due to the danger involved in this match we will not have fans in attendance for the show. Then they could have went all out with the explosions. It just sucks that all that build to what mounted to a dud, took away from how great the match was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2021, 12:43 AM   #802

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Even if had gone off better, hearing JR and Schiavone screaming like the building was going to explode was a little ridiculous. Hard to criticize silliness in other promotions when you do that.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:46 AM   #803
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
If they were going to do a cinematic match, the Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match should have been a cinematic match. Now I get it with fans there, you don't want your main event to be a cinematic match and fans looking at the screen the entire time.

Omega announced the Death Match on Feb 17th, tickets went on sale the following Friday on the 26th. All AEW had to do was say due to the danger involved in this match we will not have fans in attendance for the show. Then they could have went all out with the explosions. It just sucks that all that build to what mounted to a dud, took away from how great the match was.
It's really not that big of a deal though. It's a ****ty finish, but it happens to every company. It's disappointing tonight (especially after the announcers selling the countdown), but this one will live on in Botchamania, everyone will have a good laugh, and we'll roll on to the next thing.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:53 AM   #804
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
It's really not that big of a deal though. It's a ****ty finish, but it happens to every company. It's disappointing tonight (especially after the announcers selling the countdown), but this one will live on in Botchamania, everyone will have a good laugh, and we'll roll on to the next thing.
It's systemic of a bigger issue with Kahn. Constantly overselling and under delivering is a recipe for disaster. Especially as the "honeymoon phase" ends and people actually begin criticizing the product.

In particular, if and/or when they reach a bigger audience that will be harsher with criticism than the diehard fans they have now.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 03-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #805
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I enjoyed the show but it wasn't amazing. Ladder match was extremely underwhelming (I'm getting sick of Cody and can't tell if I'm supposed to or not storyline wise), street fight was fun but commentary was unnecessary, and the main event was pretty hot until that laughable finish...though the one winged angel on the chair was nuts! For all the unscripted promo nature they should have had Kenny and Callis come out laughing saying "you really think we'd blow up a ring"?

As for the reveal, Christian can still go I'm sure, but I really wanted someone from NJPW or CM Punk. I know the latter will never wrestle again but one can hope.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2021, 11:17 AM   #806
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
AEW Dynamite Thread

Would’ve been better if they had Eddie Kingston, instead of selling like he got knocked out in an explosion...lift his head up after the fact and be like what the hell was that...then have Mox say what he said after the cameras went off after he recovered for a few

Underwhelming theatrics at the end aside...it was a good show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2021, 03:00 PM   #807

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Lots to digest here

Spoiler

Last edited by Majingir; 03-08-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:17 PM   #808
MVP

Brother Love's Arena

OVR: 0

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMerWDN21/

The where’s Gillberg comment does it for me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »